Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by DM »

The whole Ireland/England thing has got to him! He's jacking in the football, changing his name to Wallace and f*cking off to the States to play golf! :lol:
neathiron
Has liked: 487 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by neathiron »

Georgee Paris wrote:Rice now and Arnie in the summer... :thup: we’ve got our West Ham back
Next level, yeah right. We'll never ever be a top 6 side. As soon as we get our hands on a quality player, the vultures start circling. What is the point? we'll never compete with the big guns, waste of ****ing time moving from the Boleyn. May as well get Hugill back while we're at it and players of that ilk (although in his defence he didn't get much game time). Feel so disillusioned at times following this club. Sometimes do wish these so called big clubs would break away and form a European super league. Perhaps it would make our top division more enjoyable again then. Fairer playing field for all those teams left.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

neathiron wrote: Next level, yeah right. We'll never ever be a top 6 side. As soon as we get our hands on a quality player, the vultures start circling. What is the point? we'll never compete with the big guns, waste of ****ing time moving from the Boleyn. May as well get Hugill back while we're at it and players of that ilk (although in his defence he didn't get much game time). Feel so disillusioned at times following this club. Sometimes do wish these so called big clubs would break away and form a European super league. Perhaps it would make our top division more enjoyable again then. Fairer playing field for all those teams left.
It's what we do/done with lesser teams than us. It's the way it football moves so it best for those at the top and tough for those that are not.

And in fairness to SGB - they seem to have changed the least season or two. But if a s*** load of silly money comes in it would be mad to say no. And with Pel, we have someone who seems to select wisely.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 878 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Declan is the best prospect we've had since Rio and I feel he has it in him to be even better. When he is on the ball everything he does seems effortless. He really is the real deal and I wouldn't sell, not even for £100m.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 1661 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

"Declan isn't for sale........not even for 18M quid..........so that's it....."

oops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still I am sure there's loads of Rigobert Songs out there just waiting to be gobbled up...

and we need to pay for a new carpet too....

(or did I get that all wrong again !!)

:wink:
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

johnnyb wrote:Our better players will continually get linked with the big clubs as in the past. The only way this will not happen so often is when we become one of those clubs ourselves. That will obviously never happen under the present owners.
Agreed, very few clubs can resist the top 6 when they come knocking . That said, we are probably over the last few years consistently as close to those top clubs as we ever have been. Other people will know better, but I cannot recall a time in our recent history when we have achieved a sequence of finishes as high as the past 5-6 years (13th,11th, 7th, 12th,13th,10th).

I personally feel we are on an upward trajectory in terms of our standing as a premier league club. I think we are slowly approaching the Everton level of hovering just below the top clubs. Wont be enough to stop the big boys if they come calling but may mean we get bigger bucks when we inevitably flog our stars?

I personally think Rice will be with us for a few more seasons yet.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Puff Daddy wrote: Yeah. I can't help noticing clubs have never bid for Noble and Masuaku, Reid and other players like that
They have...
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

ironilunga wrote:
Agreed, very few clubs can resist the top 6 when they come knocking . That said, we are probably over the last few years consistently as close to those top clubs as we ever have been. Other people will know better, but I cannot recall a time in our recent history when we have achieved a sequence of finishes as high as the past 5-6 years (13th,11th, 7th, 12th,13th,10th).

I personally feel we are on an upward trajectory in terms of our standing as a premier league club. I think we are slowly approaching the Everton level of hovering just below the top clubs. Wont be enough to stop the big boys if they come calling but may mean we get bigger bucks when we inevitably flog our stars?

I personally think Rice will be with us for a few more seasons yet.
Mid to late 90s we had a couple of 7th placed finishes I think, and of course, 5th.

I do think our current squad is arguably the best outside the top 6 with Anderson, Rice and Arnie. Would just like us achieve something before they all f*** off!
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

neathiron wrote: Sometimes do wish these so called big clubs would break away and form a European super league. Perhaps it would make our top division more enjoyable again then. Fairer playing field for all those teams left.
It wouldn't stop our best players leaving though
In fact it would probably make them more likely to leave as the best players would want to play in whatever Super League existed
neathiron
Has liked: 487 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by neathiron »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
It wouldn't stop our best players leaving though
In fact it would probably make them more likely to leave as the best players would want to play in whatever Super League existed
But at least we'd be up near the top of the league though, top 6 would be a regular thing, no relegation worries like we normally get every season, mid table finishes would be a thing of the past.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

neathiron, this is West Ham remember. We'd still make hard work of it.
m-h

Post by m-h »

:thup:

Some footballer and will only get better.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 421 likes

Post by miles »

What a kid. :scarfer:
m-h

Post by m-h »

Think the commentary said he won 8 possessions today. Left foot, right foot, vision, pace, passiong and now a goalscorer as well. Excellent. :crest:
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Future captain. Pure Gold. Hope he chooses England too
S-H

Post by S-H »

The happiness on his face has made my day.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Lost the ball on the 71st minute.

Disappointing.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

prophet:marginal wrote:Lost the ball on the 71st minute.

Disappointing.
do you know what i remember thinking at that point, it was the first time i'd seen him lose the ball
S-H

Post by S-H »

prophet:marginal wrote:Lost the ball on the 71st minute.

Disappointing.

:D
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by smuts »

Not even 20.... the kid is something special.