Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Turns to Stone »

fjthegrey wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:50 pm
Oxlade Chamberlain would be one of my 3 for sure. I quite like what I've seen of Winks. Henderson, for all his faults, is a winner and a reliable 6/10 in every department. I reckon that Phillips at Leeds will be an England player once he gets in the Premier League, he'll be an absolute asset to whoever gets him. Would make a great Noble replacement if we went all in on him.

There's definitely a role for Dec in the England squad. When we're not expected to have as much of the ball as the opposition and we really need a pure shield protecting the defence, then he's clearly the best player for that job in the country right now.
I think that's right. Looking at what we have, I think against weaker opposition it will be Winks plus two. Against good sides, it should be Rice and Winks plus one.

Not bad considering both of those players could be in the England side together for the next 10 years though.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Andy.C wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 am I hope he’s not in either of the England teams for the two games as I think he seriously needs a rest.
hammerman11 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:56 am sanchez is 34 and utter garbage
You got there in five sentences. Impressive, but I know you can get there faster.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

If you want to see the perfect blueprint of a young player in the same role as Rice, check out Sandro Tonali. It'll be quickly apparent just how average certain aspects of Rice's game are when you see how that guy plays the same role.

Elite international players who are guaranteed starters for their teams are exceptional with the ball. If Rice was that, Man City and others would have paid the money for him already.
Modern
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Modern »

I think he's really good but it doesn’t surprise me he's picking up a lot of the same abuse Dier used to get. He's a converted CB just like Dier, as such he doesn’t have a particularly flashy set of skills, people tend not to like that even if you do a good job in a dull position.

I’d love him at Spurs I know that.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Modern wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:06 pm

I’d love him at Spurs I know that.
You might well get your wish.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Rice gets some support from Danny Murphy....https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... elder.html
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

Nothing has changed in English football in terms of player appreciation since the year dot. Moore got slaughtered, to slow, cant head the ball, people accused Alf of southern bias.
Some, like Keane, haven't got a positive bone in their body, it's all about the failings of whoever it is that they are talking about. I find it odd that ITV have an ex Irish coach and player on for England games at all, it must be just for the controversy, he certainly doesn't wish us well or remain objective.
Dec is doing great for 20 year old with not much more than a years top level experience.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Estuary wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:17 pm Nothing has changed in English football in terms of player appreciation since the year dot. Moore got slaughtered, to slow, cant head the ball, people accused Alf of southern bias.
Some, like Keane, haven't got a positive bone in their body, it's all about the failings of whoever it is that they are talking about. I find it odd that ITV have an ex Irish coach and player on for England games at all, it must be just for the controversy, he certainly doesn't wish us well or remain objective.
Dec is doing great for 20 year old with not much more than a years top level experience.
Blatantly just for the controversy. Even beyond his nationality, you only have to ask an Ipswich supporter about his managerial credentials to get an idea why he’s probably not someone worth sound-checking as a judge of footballers

He’s a man who walked out on his own country on the biggest stage, got dumped by his club for slagging off teammates in the most unprofessional manner imaginable, and bragged about trying to end another players career to sell his book.

Ratty human being
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

mentioned before but in Dwight Yorke's autobiography - he said Keane got him to join them to bring in some "presence" in the dressing room but treated him like shyte. said he had to be harder on him than anyone else because of who he was.

used to play 5 a side with the rest of the team and steamed in as hard as he could. no worried if he hurt someone on not. he didn't care.

shyte human being. shyte manager. shyte pundit.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Surely Keane is more than earning his money worth, he has everyone on here and social media talking, just ignore him, ditto talk sport
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

Keane was overrated himself. Very similar to Bryan Robson, you wouldn't see them do f*** all in a game but they always seemed to get awarded the MOTM when Utd were on tv. If people take his opinions as gospel and it keeps Declan here then I'm all for that.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

neathiron wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:46 pm If people take his opinions as gospel and it keeps Declan here then I'm all for that.
Could just be forcing his price down for his move to man u, if he talks him up it would increase his price??
neathiron

Post by neathiron »

Tristan Shout wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:51 pm Could just be forcing his price down for his move to man u, if he talks him up it would increase his price??
Not so sure he has the same love for Utd since his fallout with Fergie. He does seem to be bigging Liverpool up big time every time I've seen him being a pundit during their games lately.
neathiron

Post by neathiron »

e17 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:49 pm Blatantly just for the controversy. Even beyond his nationality, you only have to ask an Ipswich supporter about his managerial credentials to get an idea why he’s probably not someone worth sound-checking as a judge of footballers

He’s a man who walked out on his own country on the biggest stage, got dumped by his club for slagging off teammates in the most unprofessional manner imaginable, and bragged about trying to end another players career to sell his book.

Ratty human being
This (x10)
ParkersHere
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by ParkersHere »

I don't get to the games often and have seen more of Rice over 90 mins for England. At times he looks out of position and should press a bit more especially on the international stage. He is young and still has lots to learn and iwill get plenty of practice especially defensively playing for our lot. Rice will only get better I just hope we can keep him and get enough quality around him to help him improve.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 826 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

Estuary wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:17 pm Nothing has changed in English football in terms of player appreciation since the year dot.

Well said Estuary.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:43 am he had a good second half as seem to take more responsibility and tried to pass forward rather than the safe passes of the first half.

I still think there is a chance he may go in January if man utd continue their recent good form and we continue our disasters. he will be advised that he has more chance with England as a MU player than a WH one !

I think I would make him west ham captain next season if he is still around as he is always talking and pointing to where players and ball should be. he has it in his natural game to be a captain.
No way he is going anywhere on January. No club will pay what his fee will be mid season and he won't be interested with the Euros coming up

I used to think Man U would be his destination next summer but they won't buy him now McTominay is developing as well as he is

If he goes anywhere, my guess will be back to Chelsea due to the fact he is best pals with Mason Mount and Lamprd likes having young English players about. Plus he is a Chelsea fan. Of course it will be tough for him to get regular games with Kante, Jorginho and Kovacevic but if they get Champions League there is plenty of games to go round
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

good summary there Crouchy.....

:thup:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

neathiron wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:46 pm Keane was overrated himself. Very similar to Bryan Robson, you wouldn't see them do **** all in a game but they always seemed to get awarded the MOTM when Utd were on tv.
Did you ever see Robson & Keane play live? Both were top quality players.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

keane and robson were superb players better than anything England have now. would walk into any top 6 side.

don't like keane but he was very good.