[POLL] Moyes or Pardew?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Given a choice of two, which of the following would you prefer to succeed Slaven Bilic?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:15 pm

David Moyes
6%
Alan Pardew
94%

Total votes: 567

MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Re: [POLL] Moyes or Pardew?

Post by MD_HM »

Unless you have a crystal ball then the votes from this are a bit silly to talk about now.

We don’t know what would have happened, maybe we would have won the first three games and then lost the next three, no one will ever know!

It can’t be compared with performance at another club either as not the same circumstances.

We always had good players, they were just not playing well...

I didn’t initially want Moyes, however the last three games has earned him some respect and time

Let’s see if we can keep it up tonight and over the festive period, then he would really get a big :thup:
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Discobar wrote:Just **** off Moyes. Not welcome. Booed from the start. I will not step foot in that ground with that **** in charge.

Welcome to hell Moyes
I have to disagree.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Up the Junction wrote: I wonder why you didn't post this last week.
I was one of the 6%, I didnt know there was a set time I could post on a poll. 8-)
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Last night an example of why many people voted for Pardew - not forgetting that this was a poll between two managers, it was who we preferred, not who is the greatest manager ever. I don't think Pardew was the dream choice for anyone, but he was available.

Pardew threw a league game in 2006 which enabled us to attack the FA Cup Quarter Final. A game we won and a game that is part of a significant cup run memory for us as fans. Moyes (and more importantly our current Board who set the brief) have thrown a League Cup quarter final in favour of a league game against Newcastle that will be forgotten in due course.

Absolutely shameful. It's not what our club is about and I'm really disappointed at some of the apathy I have seen from our own fans on the issue.

We should live and die for these sort of cups and games. They are the moments, the chances for glory and silverware. Or are we more concerned about TV income?

Ask any Pompey or Wigan fan - would they do it all again? It's a resounding yes from them...let me put it like this....

Remember that year we won the FA Cup? Or remember that year we got 39 points and finished 15th? Remember when we knocked Arsenal out of the cup away, took 7k fans...Or remember that year we beat Newcastle at home near Christmas?