[POLL] Hart or Adrian?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Who should start in goal against Chelsea on Saturday?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 pm

Joe Hart
3%
Adrian
97%

Total votes: 462

fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Re: [POLL] Hart or Adrian?

Post by fmgod »

The biggest question for me, is how did Billic ever play Randolph over Adrian, literally one of his most baffling choices as our manager. Adrian should be number one, he is a very decent keeper with the odd hiccup but that's every keeper.

This sounds cliche but Adrian seems to really care and almost be one of us, I know that sounds naive but it's like he has embraced the club since he arrived.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

It always has been and always will be Adrian for me, the defence seem more at ease with San Miguel behind them.

If Hart starts the next game, then that sums up everything that that is rotten with this club at the moment, and why any manager would struggle here, working under the clowns who sign off on these decisions.

Yet another cracking deal by Sullivan who really does put the good of the team/club before anything else..
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

Adrian isn't a top class keeper. He got dropped before because he wasn't convincing but I've always thought he was a best keeper. If Hart was to go back in the team for the next game something is seriously wrong at our club.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

vietnammer wrote:I used to share a house with someone called Adrian Hart. Little did I suspect that one day...
I knew someone called Joe San Miguel del Castillo. Funny that! 8-)

I'd rather have Henri Lansbury in goal than Joe 'I got a smile on my face when I concede a goal' Hart!
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Adrian over Paul Blart all day long.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1222 likes
Total likes: 1641 likes

Post by last.caress »

mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Adrian’s form last year certainly dipped, and I for one thought it right that Randolph got put in for a few games, however that experiment went on far too long.

We’ve been awful this season but Adrian bought a little bit of West Ham back to me yesterday, passion, drive, commitment, the occasional howler... THAT is the West Ham way.

Give Adrian a run.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

At this stage in the season, I think Adrian.

I don't think he is a great keeper, but at the moment everyone seems to want any opportunity to pummel Hart and that's not good for the team.
blaze.s8n
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by blaze.s8n »

I love Adrian at West Ham. He has passion, and has the odd meltdown (Spanish hot head) but he was always talking to the defence yesterday, he organises them and also have Rice encouragement. That was good to see.

Hart was a bizarre signing. I don’t rate him, didn’t like him before, and I 100% prefer Adrian.
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

i guess we'll find out for sure next game whether hart has an 'if fit plays' clause.
you woundn't put it past our twats at the top to have agreed to that.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

It's no coincidence that two of our best performances this season has seen ADRIAN keeping our goal - Tottenham Hotspur 2 West Ham United 3 and yesterday .

And those saying that Hart is the better keeper - in what way is he a better keeper ?
Hart is a good bloke , a decent keeper but Adrian has better positioning , better communication , better reflexes , he's more of an entertainer [ football is an entertainment ] and we play better with Adrian in goal in my opinion .

Adrian for me all day long .
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Despite preferring Adrian over Hart, I do feel for Hart on a personal level and his slide in form over the past 2-3 years, I bet he is still wondering where it all went wrong. Hopefully a spell on the bench can give him some space to regather himself and get things corrected without the pressure of being the marquee signing, which appears to be severely affecting his confidence.

If he does that, it should also keep Adrian on his toes, knowing that there is 'England's number 1' on the bench waiting in the wings should his form dip.

Won't happen overnight but over the next month or two, this could serve us well.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I wouldn't assume it's down to the Board should Hart get reinstated. I find it very hard to believe there's a clause in Harts contract that he must play if fit regardless of form. For me, it's down to the managers decision.

I know the Board can be clueless c**** but I don't buy this one being one of them. IF it's true, then they are beyond help but I struggle to believe it.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

We will find a lot out this weekend against Chelsea in my opinion.

1. The board are forcing Moyes to play Hart (contract clause)
2. Moyes is a king bullsh*tter if he starts with Hart as Adrian deserves to stay after yesterday
3. Adrian starts and we can all relax and stop assuming stories.

Adrian has to lose his spot now its his to lose.
Hello there!

Post by Hello there! »

I never saw the point of signing Hart. I'd ship him back to Manchester in January and put his wages towards improving areas where the squad actually needs improvement.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

the moment he dropped his gloves and smashed that penalty home he became :crest:
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Said it from day 1.

Adrian is the better keeper, and more importantly is OUR keeper. We treated him poorly last season with a minor blip in form when he was magnificent from 2014-2016. I don't want to see Mr Sullivan's loanee in goal again and I suggest we prioritise buying a solid number 2 in Jan, before re-evaluating everything in the Summer.

Seeing him commanding from the back was a pleasure on Sunday. West Ham goalkeepers need to have a bit of madness about them, but for me Adrian has the right balance - his shot stopping is head and shoulders (pardon the pun) above Charles.

VAMOS!
wivenhoetim
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by wivenhoetim »

Adrian all day long for me. Both are similar level keepers, but its what Adrian brings to the defence and team in general that makes the difference.( Pretty good at pissing off rival fans too :lol: ) Really strong display yesterday therefore think the shirts his to lose now..
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

BrownFatwa wrote:i guess we'll find out for sure next game whether hart has an 'if fit plays' clause.
you woundn't put it past our twats at the top to have agreed to that.
Absolutely...If anyone has a play every game clause you would think it him what with the world cup coming up.
Scarhead

Post by Scarhead »

I don't know how anyone can think Hart won't be back in the squad come Chelsea.

Like I said after Everton, if we hadn't of been playing Man City yesterday he would have been in.

I'm happy to be proved wrong though, we shall see.