Was Noble right to do what he did? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Was Mark Noble right to confront the supporter who ran onto the pitch in the manner that he did?

Yes
35%
No
53%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 445

Roby
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 264 likes

Re: Was Noble right to do what he did? [POLL]

Post by Roby »

If we do go down this season then we keep Noble as captain and hope his ability on the ball and leadership can get us back up again.

If we do stay up then his actions should not be forgotten and I'd hope we bomb him out in the summer. He's been paid handsomely and has not been up to his own standards at this level.

He's not been good enough this season anyway and I'm not really sure why he thinks he has the right to start pushing fans over on the pitch. The kid wasn't gonna attack him, he must have known that.

He's made himself look a bit of a berk really.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Roby wrote:If we do go down this season then we keep Noble as captain and hope his ability on the ball and leadership can get us back up again.

If we do stay up then his actions should not be forgotten and I'd hope we bomb him out in the summer. He's been paid handsomely and has not been up to his own standards at this level.

He's not been good enough this season anyway and I'm not really sure why he thinks he has the right to start pushing fans over on the pitch. The kid wasn't gonna attack him, he must have known that.

He's made himself look a bit of a berk really.
Do you think he is an inspiration to others on the pitch. I mean, a natural leader who drives others on, in the same way that Billy Bonds was ?
Roby
Total likes: 264 likes

Post by Roby »

Puff Daddy wrote:Do you think he is an inspiration to others on the pitch. I mean, a natural leader who drives others on, in the same way that Billy Bonds was ?
I'm a little bit young to really remember Bonzo properly Puff.

I saw him play a few times when I was a little kid, last game would've been Liverpool rolled up at Upton Park in the late 80s in their grey kit with Aldridge up front, Bonds was I think 40 that season.

Noble maybe isn't a natural leader but from memory was the England U21 captain. He certainly cares about the club and apart from Ginge and Reid are the only ones I'd really say give a monkeys.
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

Leader material or not people need to ask what he can offer the club/team over the next, say, 3 years.
he is already widely recognised as one of the slowest midfielders in the EPL so I shudder to think what he'd be like in a couple of years