GSB out (of the stadium)? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Should the co-chairmen and vice chair stay away from home games for the rest of the season?

Yes - all three of them
86%
Yes - but only David Sullivan & David Gold
0%
Yes - but only Karren Brady
0%
Unsure
2%
No
11%

Total votes: 462

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

GSB out (of the stadium)? [POLL]

Post by Up the Junction »

It's been suggested this week in some quarters that there is less chance of further protest/s occurring inside the stadium if Messrs Gold & Sullivan and Ms Brady stay away for the rest of the season.

So I thought we'd do a quick poll based on that - please see above. And feel free to add your reasons below.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Re: GSB out (of the stadium)? [POLL]

Post by the pink palermo »

They should stay away .

Although I'm tempted to say they should be made to attend and suffer like the rest of us.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Irrefutable and utterly conclusive evidence if ever it were needed, that they should unilaterally stay away and get the f*** out of our club
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Even if you are not anti board I don't see why you would want them there at the next game as it would increase the chances of the same situation occurring that happened in the last game. But they have their egos to think about and these 3 are all about their image.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Attend

Let them face up to the wrath of angry fans after the irreversible damage they have done to the club many of us once loved and were proud of

Forget the results on the pitch, hound and chase them out of West Ham London so we can hopefully one day get West Ham United back
ironhammer58

Post by ironhammer58 »

Voted all three stay away, know they won’t.

All three of them are in my top 5 of contemptible people.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Stay away.

Sell the club

Never, ever be associated with West Ham again.
arlhe
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by arlhe »

If they are in the ground it'll be like a lightening rod for protests and will distract the players and fans from events on the pitch.

I'm not one who sees a change of owner as a panacea for all ills but, as with BFS, things have gone too far and it's in West Ham's best interests for them to move on.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Voted for all 3 to stay away , their presence has a negative effect on the supporters and therefore on team performance and we're in a relegation battle .
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Up the Junction wrote:there is less chance of further protest/s occurring inside the stadium if Messrs Gold & Sullivan and Ms Brady stay away for the rest of the season.
then i hope they attend every single game.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1241 likes
Total likes: 1651 likes

Post by last.caress »

If they're not selling up and ****ing off altogether then they should stay in their seats to see what they've wrought. The stadium will still be **** and investment will still be nil, but what will any protests or displays of discontent do if those three are partying hard on a yacht off the coast of Belize? While they remain in the boardroom they shouldn't be allowed to look away from the mess that they've made, and that they continue to make.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Yes, all three of them.

Like Pinky, I would love to see them suffer some more.

I imagine them having to stay away, would be a tougher pill to swallow than having to deal with protests and angry fans, almost like admitting defeat.
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

None of them welcome in my mind, stay away.
Bradley_m
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bradley_m »

UTJ, big :thup: for running this poll.

IMO they have already written their excuses should we get relegated.
It won't be mis-management, or failure to invest in the playing squad, it will be because the players found it impossible to pick up points at home due to the toxic atmosphere created solely by the fans.

They are calling for unity.
You cannot unite the board and the fans.... its gone too far and the trust is lost.
You cannot remove the players.
You cannot remove the fans.
But they can remove themselves from the stadium and let the players and fans unite for the remaining home games.
Question is, do they value their egos more than they do the good of West Ham United?
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

They are responsible for the shat we are in they need to be at the ground to receive the flack they fully deserve. We dont want them in charge of the club we all love the only way we can show them how all the true west ham feel is for them to face us.lots of fans I know from other clubs used to look forward to playing west ham cos we had tradition but now they look on us as a joke thats what the three stooges have massivley done to us. "I say let them face the music til they get lost" :crest:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

last.caress wrote:If they're not selling up and ****ing off altogether then they should stay in their seats to see what they've wrought. The stadium will still be **** and investment will still be nil, but what will any protests or displays of discontent do if those three are partying hard on a yacht off the coast of Belize? While they remain in the boardroom they shouldn't be allowed to look away from the mess that they've made, and that they continue to make.
For these reasons, I voted that they should be there.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

I voted for all of them to stay away. However, we all know they won't.

They're in a no win situation really, one they've created themselves.If they do stay away then they'll be accused of cowardice and deserting their sinking ship, if they stay they'll be accused of stirring things up......
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

Stay and face the music!
davek26962
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by davek26962 »

If they want undiluted support for the team, then stay away!
Pango

Post by Pango »

It would make sense if they stayed away and Sir Trevor sat where he normally does.

That would be best for all concerned. The Team could concentrate on getting a result against Soton and we the fans could get 100% behind the team and raise the roof (it there was one)

Everybody benefits from staying up. Then sort the mess out in the summer. Ideally they leave or at worst take a back seat completely and allow someone like Sir Trevor to be more hands on in a kind of DoF come media representative. Let the manager sign the players that he needs to build a 'team'.

:crest: