David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Should WHUFC offer David Moyes an extended contract?

Yes
37%
No
50%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 1058

steps
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Re: David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

Post by steps »

James P wrote:
To have us safe by mid April given where we were when he took over, he'd have had to deliver close to top six results. He'd had to have taken a side that had spent the majority of the last 18 months in the bottom six and like ****ing a light switch deliver top six results.

Don't want much do you.
I’m not on here to hammer Moyes, but look back through his record at ours.

We lost a lot of games by three or four goals.

Anyway, good luck to the bloke.
Miles Standish Proud
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by Miles Standish Proud »

I wonder if there's any significance in the self-imposed 'ten days' to make an appointment. Why ten days? Is the end of the play-offs? Does a foreign league or cup competition finish then? Is Sullivan ****ing off on a holiday?
Just seems odd to stipulate ten days rather than say 'as soon as possible' or 'well before the start of the season so the new manager can assess the squad, etc'.
Mind you trying to find logic, reason or a plan as far as those two are concerned is like trying to find order in the way birds ****.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

I'm laughing it's so ridiculous, just another cluster f*** from the Dildo brothers, fannying around with their decision making, no clarity on what they want..... I've said it before it's really irrelevant who is the manager here with the clowns at the top....

The one thing giving me the hump though is that it will be trotted out that it's us the fans that have caused this, seriously what a crock of ****, as soon as Moyes questioned the board and the club that was game over, it has f*** all to do with what the fans want, but in true Sully style, why admit culpability when you can blame someone else.

What are our odds for the drop next year, get on quick I'd suggest

BTW - Cheers Moyes, I didn't want you here, but you were another manager in our history so thanks and all the best
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

In reality Moyes left on Sunday when his contract expired, all that has happened since is Moyes and Sullivan have been in a race to say 'not interested'.

Moyes would have jumped at the job, but has been kept on the hook over the past 3 months with the quotes about 'we hope he is here for the long term', 'we agreed to wait until the end of the season', 'we know we need to make changes to the way we have been operating' blah blah. Moyes has recently seen through this and made statements to show he is not interested, rather than be rejected.

Sully has been stockpiling transfer cash to be able to support a big name IF he can land one.

Like Bilic, I cant see anything but working down a list until we get 4th choice.

The other curious background story is the cancellation of the protest March, which could only have been cancelled (IMHO) if an NDA had been signed and Sully had disclosed his summer intentions and did not want them undermined by protesters.

Interesting 10 days ahead.

BtB
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 519 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

claretandblue82 wrote:Moyes gone. No one lined up to take over. Transfer window opens tomorrow and closes early. Players on holiday or off to the World Cup. New manager won't have time for a proper pre-season or to assess the squad.

It's certainly going to make for an interesting summer or the worst one we have had since the midget dickhead took over!!
It will come out that Sullivan hates West Ham and supports Spurs, and all along has been doing his utmost to destroy the club.

I know that is far fetched, but it seems like he is doing everything possible to make the club a complete shambles.
Last edited by Hammer in Hornchurch on Wed May 16, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Colours never run wrote:Cardiff

Dry your eyes mate.

:lol:

Not disappointed Irvine & Pearce have gone? They were a major reason in our upturn in fortunes & staying up imo. The team looked fitter, organised, a threat going forward & I think the players respected him/them.

Question to you. What Manager will you support & stop looking for every negative? You admit you haven't stop with the 'everythings so bad' posts every single day.

I will personally support everyone, accept Glenn Hoddle or Steve McClaren. One for his disgusting talk about disabled people & the other cos he's a sh*t football manager.

You?
hxhammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by hxhammer »

We will be linked with all the usual big names, Rafa, Carlo etc, until the Season Ticket renewal date passes, then Pulis will rock up, you just know it
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I’m not nearly stubborn enough to wish Steve Bruce upon us :D

I genuinely hope whoever comes in has us playing beautiful football with a solid defence.

What will happen is we’ll take a few 3/4-0 beatings like we do every season, like we did under Sam, Bilic and Moyes. Hopefully then people will realise where the real problem is rather than gunning for the manager again.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Miles Standish Proud wrote:I wonder if there's any significance in the self-imposed 'ten days' to make an appointment.

Why ten days?
It will take the blokes they ask that long to stop laughing.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Thanks David for doing a very good job at our club, respect to you and your staff. :crest:
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5669 likes
Total likes: 3085 likes

Post by MB »

Benny the Ball wrote: Sully has been stockpiling transfer cash to be able to support a big name IF he can land one.
Has he? I hope you are right, but I wouldn’t be quoting that as fact.

'I couldn't say No a second time. Great Club. Tremendous supporters. Love the colours claret & blue'.

Buy your T-Shirts now.

'McClaren: Moore than just a F**k Up'
OFT
Has liked: 3185 likes
Total likes: 1829 likes

Post by OFT »

Inevitable with that utter dickhead running the club.its yet another idiotic episode of how not to conduct business.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 527 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

So he has gone now. I never wanted him here as I don't think he is an especially good manager, and nothing that has happened in his time at West Ham has made me change my mind.
However, he kept us up. So thank you Mr Moyes and good luck for the future.
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

[quote=

'McClaren: Moore than just a F**k Up'[/quote]

I think that would just about do it for me! Just support my local non league if he rocked up :cry:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2698 likes

Post by sendô »

So a quick re-cap.

1. Moyes turns us down after Sully ****'s him about.
2. Fonseca turns us down after a meeting with Sully.
3. Apparently Ancelotti has flat turned us down. :lol:

I don't know how true all of these things are, but all I can see so far is Sully making a total clusterfuck of picking a new manager already, and the season only finished 3 days ago!

He's now given himself 10 days to rush to find someone, so expect more declines from "big names" followed by an underwhelming choice next weekend.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Makes you think those photos weren't Sullivan's doing, that they were Fonseca's...
I did wonder that myself. Those photos suited Fonseca.

Anyway six months after the club said Moyes matched our ambitions I see we’re after someone who matches our ambitions. :) This club is a bigger circus than ever.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 239 likes
Total likes: 472 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

"We are already taking steps to identify and recruit the manager we believe can take West Ham United forward in line with our ambitions."

Interesting use of the singular.

If the meeting with Fonseca was legit then it must be him then.

claretandblue82 wrote:Moyes gone. No one lined up to take over. Transfer window opens tomorrow and closes early. Players on holiday or off to the World Cup. New manager won't have time for a proper pre-season or to assess the squad.

It's certainly going to make for an interesting summer or the worst one we have had since the midget dickhead took over!!
Well summed up.

It's an utter f**kery once again. We will be AGAIN playing catch up in season 2018/19. Last minute signings to fill holes in the squad & a new Manager unsure of who's who or what is required.

Absolute f**king dummies. Another unsettled mess for 12 months.

Well played Sullivan :thdn:
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

Not gone well for old Moyesey, 4th time he has been sacked/left since the start of his 6 year Man U contract, and still has a year left to go