Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

Ozza wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:40 pm In the world of Premiership football the investment we have is small
We have the 8th highest gross and net spend in the PL over the last 5 years.

Its slightly above average.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Unai Emery will be available from Monday
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:31 pm Unai Emery will be available from Monday
Knowing Sully we will get Dick Emery
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1803 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Reckon we could get Emery soon. He has turned them into a slightly better version of Pelligrini West Ham!

No urgency, faff around in their own half with the ball, passing backwards and sideways. Thing is, with their attacking talent they should be doing much better. No one wants to do anything risky.
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by JonG86 »

How is anyone blaming the owners? Haller and Fornals were more expensive than the entire Burnley XI today. The manager picked the signings, not the owners.

I said it from the start of the season and I'll say it again. We are a team without identity and as long as we dont have one we will be ****ed by teams that do. We are abject and that falls 100% on the manager.
Last edited by JonG86 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rossmundo
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

BondsoBob wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:17 pm Sorry for being naive and green, but WTF is that all about?
He reminds of Deirdre Barlow and his work at West Ham is well and truly done.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

JonG86 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm How is anyone blaming the owners? Haller and Fornals were more expensive than the entire Burnley XI today.

I said it from the start of the season and I'll say it again. We are a team without identity and as long as we dont have one we will be ****ed by teams that do. We are abject and that falls 100% on the manager.
Course it does and a clear and total lack of any leadership on the pitch too. Have we not got so much as one player with any leadership skills at all ?
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 771 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

JonG86 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm How is anyone blaming the owners? Haller and Fornals were more expensive than the entire Burnley XI today. The manager picked the signings, not the owners.

we're a team without identity because we flogged our identity to build flats on it.
tall paul
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by tall paul »

JonG86 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm How is anyone blaming the owners? Haller and Fornals were more expensive than the entire Burnley XI today. The manager picked the signings, not the owners.

They destroyed our identity, they get get cut price replacements and don’t invest in areas that really need strengthening
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

JonG86 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm How is anyone blaming the owners? Haller and Fornals were more expensive than the entire Burnley XI today.
These are our defensive options:

Fabianski £7m
Roberto free
Martin free
Fredericks free
Zabaleta free
Cresswell £3.75m
Masuaku £6.2m
Diop £22m
Balbuena £3.5m
Ogbonna £10m

I agree that we should have spent in the appropriate areas over the last few years. I don’t think we should have divided up what we’ve spent though. More should be available. We are what? The 20th richest club in Europe - do we have the 20th largest net spend over the last 10 years? Not a chance.

The gaffer is clearly letting us down, but the decline of this club goes higher than Pellegrini.

The owners are a cancer.
Pob!
Has liked: 1063 likes
Total likes: 695 likes

Post by Pob! »

ageing hammer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:32 pm Knowing Sully we will get Dick Emery
Awwww! You are awful.. :lol:
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

SpongeBob's Pants wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:21 pm We have the 8th highest gross and net spend in the PL over the last 5 years.

Its slightly above average.
It's not that we don't spend... We don't spend well. Actually, we waste it. Zaza, Tore, Evra, Arbeloa, Wilshere, Caroll... You get the idea.
brothernero
Has liked: 741 likes
Total likes: 754 likes

Post by brothernero »

The reason we are a team without an identity is down to the owners and not Pelle or any other manger they have employed.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1159 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Because when you look bigger picture the same events happen on a loop!

You mention the price of Haller and Fornals! I doubt Burnley made a sale to the price of what we got for Arnie either? The “net spend” in the summer was average at best

There’s a culture problem at West Ham and the finger needs pointing directly at the 3 clowns in charge of it
JonG86
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Utter rubbish.

Pellegrini is responsible for the product on the pitch. He had final say over identification and purchasing of players. We're 8th in terms of net spend and some of those teams above us pur recently promoted and splashing out to stay up (Brighton and Wolves).

We were abject today and it squarely falls at the feet of a manager who for some mental reason decided we should go long ball against a team literally built for it.
SpongeBob's Pants

iLoveLasagne wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:43 pm It's not that we don't spend... We don't spend well. Actually, we waste it. Zaza, Tore, Evra, Arbeloa, Wilshere, Caroll... You get the idea.
Totally agree with this. And some of the blame has to lay with the managers.

I'm not GSBs biggest fan by a long shot, but every time we lose, they get slagged off in the match threads for not investing, etc whereas the facts are, we have actually invested. Yes, not crazy amounts, but enough not to be getting turned over by the likes of Burnley or Newcastle.

Some blame lays with GSB for not putting in place a proper medium-to-long term plan, and instilling an identity into the squad overall.

But this seems to give Pellers (or whoever the current manager is) a free pass for being poor, when in fact it absolutely shouldn't.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2015 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Almost 2 yrs to the day since Slav was shown the door, after a similar set of results and a very similar feeling towards the running of the club, I believe it is now time for a change of manager.

Will it turn things around? Probably not. But for the sake of Manuel and his reputation he has to go.
SpongeBob's Pants

HammerPDC wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:45 pm Because when you look bigger picture the same events happen on a loop!

You mention the price of Haller and Fornals! I doubt Burnley made a sale to the price of what we got for Arnie either? The “net spend” in the summer was average at best

There’s a culture problem at West Ham and the finger needs pointing directly at the 3 clowns in charge of it
What do you realistically expect us to spend? More than the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man city, Man Utd?

We're 8th highest spenders over the last 5 years. Where do you expect us to be in terms of expenditure?

Genuine question.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1159 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

JonG86 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:02 pm Utter rubbish.

Pellegrini is responsible for the product on the pitch. He had final say over identification and purchasing of players. We're 8th in terms of net spend and some of those teams above us pur recently promoted and splashing out to stay up (Brighton and Wolves).

We were abject today and it squarely falls at the feet of a manager who for some mental reason decided we should go long ball against a team literally built for it.
I don’t mean to come across like I’m saying your wrong but where are you getting the 8th on net spend stat from?
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

Pellers at the wheel 🙏