Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Ironing Board »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:29 pm I don't have have an opinion either way on Rafa but I would say the second paragraph is incorrect. Newcastle were very attacking when they smashed us at the Olympic Stadium just before Christmas 2017
Must have been the lone win mentioned here on Dec 30 that year after they played out a 0-0 with the mighty Brighton:

“At least they brought a halt to a run of five home defeats, their worst sequence of results at St. James’ Park for 64 years.

“But Newcastle have won only one of their last 12 matches and picked up just five points in the process.”

Meanwhile:

Kevin Nolan: 'It was a lot duller under Rafa Benitez'

Kevin Nolan says Newcastle United will push for a top-10 finish this season – as the players are “buzzing” under Steve Bruce.

"I went up there when Rafa was there, and no disrespect to Rafa, but it was a lot more dull and a lot more, you know, everything a bit so serious. I think Steve’s brought a smile back on the lads’ faces. They all seem to be enjoying training and they all seem to be together.“
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

I Can’t find a lot of fault with the owners for being a pretty stable mid table team. I think the biggest miss they had was not investing in a top striker in the first Payet Season Jan window.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Mikloskosglovebag wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:01 am I Can’t find a lot of fault with the owners for being a pretty stable mid table team. I think the biggest miss they had was not investing in a top striker in the first Payet Season Jan window.
So what have they done specifically, that has improved us as a club? What have they done since the move, that couldn't be done at Upton Park?

If you genuinely think their biggest mistake was not signing a striker in 2016/17, then you must be easily pleased.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we are not better than we were at the BG. all a money making exercise for the shysters. destroyed our club. we left our home for what ?

Where we are now is where we were before. no point in the move except to make money.

greedy sods have destroyed us
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by smuts »

Mikloskosglovebag wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:01 am I Can’t find a lot of fault with the owners for being a pretty stable mid table team. I think the biggest miss they had was not investing in a top striker in the first Payet Season Jan window.
We could have stayed at the BG then if that's the height of our ambition.

Mid table? The way we are leaking goals might mean that would be a miracle.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 100 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

You must be on a wind up mate.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

They literally blew up our home and filmed it for profit. I mean they actually exploded it and got Dave 'The Animal' Bautista to jump up and down while it was happening. I mean, a fitting end to the home of England's only World Cup Winning Captain and renowned for it's 'class'.

They then had the gall to claim the 'best stadium migration of all time' whilst there weren't even any shelves to put your beer on, and whilst David Gold was pretending that the seats which were now 350 yards away from the pitch were actually no further away than they were at the Boleyn Ground, despite the fact that the pitch and running track at the LS is actually bigger than the Boleyn ever was anyway.

They have told numerous lies about what fans have done, they have cancelled season tickets for countless former pros and family, they've sacked anyone that they could that might save them a couple of quid, they've gone public with their PAID newspaper pieces where they have ALL slagged off our players, our fans, the opposition and our traditions, and through all of this, they have constantly pushed away fans, fanzines and supporter organisations who have the clubs best interests at heart. Choosing to only deal with their own hand-picked, arse-licking, sycophantic teams of yes-men and hired muscle. Every single penny that they have invested in the club they have charged interest on and every single time that anyone has suggested that they are doing a less than perfect job they have pointed the finger elsewhere.

I don't really care for football anymore, and West Ham as an organisation generally just makes me sad. My main reason for being on these pages is that I admire the views of those on here and I genuinely value their opinions on the World and on football. But objectively, from a non-biased opinion, our owners have taken a mediocre Premier League football team, and they have used it to make themselves even richer than they already were, whilst asset-stripping it, and rinsing it of all tradition and class that it once had. If you have any doubt about what they have done to West Ham, ask a Birmingham City fan what they think of them?

In terms of league placing, not much has changed in the time they've taken over. In every other single aspect of the club, aside from the name, and the kit, we are barely recognisable.

But you're right, aside from that, they've done a fair job.

:thdn:
hayzelden

Post by hayzelden »

TTS. :thup:
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Turns to Stone wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:52 am
I don't really care for football anymore, and West Ham as an organisation generally just makes me sad. My main reason for being on these pages is that I admire the views of those on here and I genuinely value their opinions on the World and on football. But objectively, from a non-biased opinion, our owners have taken a mediocre Premier League football team, and they have used it to make themselves even richer than they already were, whilst asset-stripping it, and rinsing it of all tradition and class that it once had.

This is pretty much where I am.

Don't enjoy football, and have little emotion towards West Ham any more.

The scum have literally sucked the life out of it all.
OFT
Has liked: 3188 likes
Total likes: 1829 likes

Post by OFT »

When we 'almost' landed Benitez I was disappointed that it didn't happen. In my opinion to go back to him now though would be a mistake,. It's just got that 'unfinished business/what if' feel about it though and can see Sullivan trying to do it.

Rightly or wrongly, Pellers is going to have to 'turn it around'(ugh!) very quickly or he won't make Christmas. In the longer term, even if he does, there's no way I see him here next season, never mind an extended contract.
Last edited by OFT on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

hayzelden wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:57 am TTS. :thup:
+1.

Absolutely spot on TTS.
OFT
Has liked: 3188 likes
Total likes: 1829 likes

Post by OFT »

TTS
superb :thup:
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

OFT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:02 am When we 'almost' landed Benitez I was disappointed that it didn't happen. In my opinion to go back to him now though would be a mistake,. It's just got that 'unfinished business/what if' feel about it though and can see Sullivan trying to do it.

Rightly or wrongly, Pellers is going to have to 'turn it around'(ugh!) very quickly or he won't make Christmas. In the longer term, even if he does, there's no way I see him here next season, never mind an extended contract.
We had a lucky escape! Now the bunglers are going to put that right....
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 339 likes
Total likes: 598 likes

Post by Croydon »

Well said TTS. That's exactly where I am too.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Very well put, TTS. :thup:

And blimey, IB, you actually agree with me. :o
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Turns to Stone wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:52 am But you're right, aside from that, they've done a fair job.

Top post TTS :thup:
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Patito wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:29 am Very well put, TTS. :thup:

And blimey, IB, you actually agree with me. :o
Of course. I can handle a period of boring football if it is a means to an end (during a building phase). With Benitez that IS the end.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

So if Benitez is boring football, Moyes is...?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Hammer1972 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:55 am So if Benitez is boring football, Moyes is...?
You miss the point. Benitez’ Newcastle were woeful - would park the bus every game. Steve Bruce is doing a better job.

Moyes Everton were defensive and physical at first and then evolved into a good Premier League team on a tight budget.
Pob!
Has liked: 1062 likes
Total likes: 695 likes

Post by Pob! »

Rafa now in to 2/1 Howe is 4/1 and Stevie G @ 10s