Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Ironing Board »

Mikloskosglovebag wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:52 pm Selling the Boleyn, low rent on big stadium, interest on Loans, not investing funds from other business ventures etc etc is all good business sense. It’s hard to say they are not doing a good job on that front. They have isolated a few thousand hardcore fans, but that’s the price, and doubt it will affect them long term with the way football is going. Many things to dislike about them, but from a purely business perspective they have done very well for themselves. Reading here you would think they bought a charity to throw money at! It’s just a company like any other with a product and margins to make profit. Correct me if I am wrong that you can’t make money from sports club ownership?
A football club is a community. In essence the club is the fans, the players are just employees lucky enough to be members of the club. The way modern football has gone is a disgrace, and the metrics many fans measure their clubs by are pointless in my opinion. Trophies are not the be all and end all, but the connection between the board, players, manager and fans are. In essence the club should be a living embodiment of the values of the fans. That has been lost in the rush to commercialize the people’s game and the actual fans have been left behind.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Mikloskosglovebag wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:52 pm Many things to dislike about them, but from a purely business perspective they have done very well for themselves. Reading here you would think they bought a charity to throw money at!
If you were to choose to support a football club from 'a purely business perspective', then why in the holy f*** would you support West ****ing Ham?

Seriously, what has 'a purely business perspective' got to do with being a football supporter? Perhaps I should just start supporting Aviva, or Johnson and Johnson, or Hewlett-Packard from now on. Maybe I could get behind a fast-growing business and support them through the lower leagues, maybe someone like Deliveroo. Or maybe I should really get behind a sleeping UK giant like WH Smiths or Marks & Sparks.

f***, imagine how much fun that would be. Standing outside the Applestore every Saturday with your Steve Jobs banner and your appley scarf. Cheering everytime someone buys an iPad and screaming at the salesperson every time a customer leaves without getting a new phone. Maybe going to a tricky away tie at PC World on the coach. Imagine that. You know, watching the young work experience kid work his way up from delivery driver into Iphone professor (or whatever the f*** they're called these days). Maybe he gets a call when Iqbal phones in sick and he has to step up to the big leagues. Maybe he's going to flog a Macbook pro on his debut in front of a packed house! And imagine if your store starts having a really good run up to Christmas. Imagine that...when the store clears it's first £100k weekend. What a moment that would be....to say that you were there when Marco the Store Manager managed to flog the upgrade pack with only 10 minutes left before the store closed on the Sunday afternoon. Can you imagine how pissed you'd get that weekend. Imagine being able to tell your Grandkids you were there when Marco sold the upgrade pack to that Russian family!

God, I can't wait to get back to my Apple calendar in my bedroom and see a picture of the ****ing Garageband app in a Santa Hat for December.

"Up the Apple"

Christ on a ****ing bike!

:arry:
Last edited by Turns to Stone on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

:lol: :lol:
BostonHammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

If, as pezza says, MP wants out, than why the f*** is he still here? Why would players turn up for a manager that wants out? Why would we keep him for one of our most difficult stretches of matches when we could have bedded in Rafa during the international break? Total utter circus this club.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

BostonHammer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:48 pm If, as pezza says, MP wants out, than why the **** is he still here? Why would players turn up for a manager that wants out? Why would we keep him for one of our most difficult stretches of matches when we could have bedded in Rafa during the international break? Total utter circus this club.
I can think of about 12 million reasons a year he might hang around.
BostonHammer

Post by BostonHammer »

Turns to Stone wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:49 pm I can think of about 12 million reasons a year he might hang around.
I'm sure he can go back to Beijing and keep earning that TtS...it's more likely the severance package that the dwarf doesn't want to pay until he has to.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Turns to Stone wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:43 pm If you were to choose to support a football club from 'a purely business perspective', then why in the holy **** would you support West ****ing Ham?

Seriously, what has 'a purely business perspective' got to do with being a football supporter? Perhaps I should just start supporting Aviva, or Johnson and Johnson, or Hewlett-Packard from now on. Maybe I could get behind a fast-growing business and support them through the lower leagues, maybe someone like Deliveroo. Or maybe I should really get behind a sleeping UK giant like WH Smiths or Marks & Sparks.

****, imagine how much fun that would be. Standing outside the Applestore every Saturday with your Steve Jobs banner and your appley scarf. Cheering everytime someone buys an iPad and screaming at the salesperson every time a customer leaves without getting a new phone. Maybe going to a tricky away tie at PC World on the coach. Imagine that. You know, watching the young work experience kid work his way up from delivery driver into Iphone professor (or whatever the **** they're called these days). Maybe he gets a call when Iqbal phones in sick and he has to step up to the big leagues. Maybe he's going to flog a Macbook pro on his debut in front of a packed house! And imagine if your store starts having a really good run up to Christmas. Imagine that...when the store clears it's first £100k weekend. What a moment that would be....to say that you were there when Marco the Store Manager managed to flog the upgrade pack with only 10 minutes left before the store closed on the Sunday afternoon. Can you imagine how pissed you'd get that weekend. Imagine being able to tell your Grandkids you were there when Marco sold the upgrade pack to that Russian family!

God, I can't wait to get back to my Apple calendar in my bedroom and see a picture of the ****ing Garageband app in a Santa Hat for December.

"Up the Apple"

Who the f*** are Iqbal and Marco?! :lol:
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Back him or sack him. It's that simple. If the owners continue with their snidey little jabs and games to get MP to walk it'll be the final straw for me. Show some class and treat the man with respect even if he is turning out to be a dud manager.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

When did Pezza say Pelle wants out? I must have missed that?
jastons
Has liked: 886 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Boooogers! wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:01 pm Who the **** are Iqbal and Marco?! :lol:
Our new fullbacks.
Patito

Post by Patito »

S-H wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:21 pm When did Pezza say Pelle wants out? I must have missed that?
I think a couple weeks ago he said "no wonder pelle wants out" when talking about GSB.
Mikloskosglovebag

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

Basically nearly all prem fans are supporting a product now though unfortunately. Granted it would have felt much better if the West Ham product was the genuine Upton Park one. It is what it is though. No more from me on the owners, I really don't care about them enough!
S-H

Post by S-H »

Cheers Potatoman11 :) :thup:
BostonHammer

Post by BostonHammer »

S-H wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:21 pm When did Pezza say Pelle wants out? I must have missed that?
Put pezza20 in the search bar, it's the second most recent post.
S-H

Post by S-H »

:thup:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Turns to Stone wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:43 pm If you were to choose to support a football club from 'a purely business perspective', then why in the holy **** would you support West ****ing Ham?

****, imagine how much fun that would be. Standing outside the Applestore every Saturday with your Steve Jobs banner and your appley scarf. Cheering everytime someone buys an iPad and screaming at the salesperson every time a customer leaves without getting a new phone. Maybe going to a tricky away tie at PC World on the coach. Imagine that. You know, watching the young work experience kid work his way up from delivery driver into Iphone professor (or whatever the **** they're called these days). Maybe he gets a call when Iqbal phones in sick and he has to step up to the big leagues. Maybe he's going to flog a Macbook pro on his debut in front of a packed house! And imagine if your store starts having a really good run up to Christmas. Imagine that...when the store clears it's first £100k weekend. What a moment that would be....to say that you were there when Marco the Store Manager managed to flog the upgrade pack with only 10 minutes left before the store closed on the Sunday afternoon. Can you imagine how pissed you'd get that weekend. Imagine being able to tell your Grandkids you were there when Marco sold the upgrade pack to that Russian family!

"Up the Apple"

:lol: :lol:

Now I know what I’m doing Saturday afternoon!

BTW, in this analogy, would supporting Dixon’s be akin to supporting West Ham?
OFT
Has liked: 2998 likes
Total likes: 1759 likes

Post by OFT »

TTS.
:lol:

Brilliant :thup:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

TTS has got his Mojo back :scarfer:

I love you TTS :D
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

would we play a weakened team if we drew ' marks & sparks' outlets away in the cup though ?
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

TtS is on FIRE today.
#TtSTuesday