Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Ozza »

Nothing to do with status, it's simply down to financial return, and they are massively (right now), in the positive
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Ozza wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:59 pm Of course its not beside the point, both had two summer windows (I think).

Rafa despite what the geordies will have you believe was far better financially supported than Pellers. and do you know what, I wouldn't mind if we had a balanced squad that didn't need work before he arrived, but we didn't, it was ****ed, it had been for years and it was down to poor investment previously.

(do you see the pattern)?
Yeah I see the pattern, but hes still to blame for not doing his homework on Roberto and buying Fornals when we needed a defensive midfielder. And letting us get in this predicament.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Ozza wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:05 pm Nothing to do with status, it's simply down to financial return, and they are massively (right now), in the positive
they were massively in the positive before they kopped us , being a premiership club owner affords you a better status than
purveyors of top shelf mags and grot fim producers , Sullivan built that pimps palace before he bought us , i cant diddy dave ever receiving the OBE
for services to Tissues sales , can you ?

im not disregarding your opinion either , we both want them gone
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

I'll say it again, do you think his choice (if he had money) was Roberto? Of course it wasn't (and it sounds like it was Sully's contract decision that saw Adrian out). Do you think Zaba was his choice on a new contract (seriously), of course it wasn't. do you think the fact that he stated when Obiang went that he wanted to replace him but didn't was bull****, of course it wasn't, bearing in mind that the most basic of football managers on here could see the problems, do you honestly believe that a manager with the pedigree of Pellers would do this? Come on!

The on going, simple reality here, is the constant recurring of the same thing, replace Pellers, with Bilic, with SA with Grant with all of the managers at Brummie's, I simply find it incredible that we have the same conversation every 2 years to be honest.

Pellers like every other manager that's been slagged off on here (all of them), is no mug, but has ended up in the same situtation, some of you lot need to point your finger somewhere else.
Last edited by Ozza on Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

chigwells finest wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:16 pm they were massively in the positive before they kopped us , being a premiership club owner affords you a better status than
purveyors of top shelf mags and grot fim producers , Sullivan built that pimps palace before he bought us , i cant diddy dave ever receiving the OBE
for services to Tissues sales , can you ?

im not disregarding your opinion either , we both want them gone
Apologies I misread that, although im not sure they were "massively in the positive" particularly from the brummies who saw them up close and personal, in fact I remember the Brummie on here who coped a coating from us.
chigwells finest

the MP should've walked out , with his head held high , with regards to zabaleta , if as you say he didn't want him re=signed why did he play him vs sheff utd and then again vs Newcastle ? whilst seemingly banishing masuaku to the wilderness , nothing makes any sense
chigwells finest

Ozza wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:19 pm Apologies I misread that, although im not sure they were "massively in the positive" particularly from the brummies who saw them up close and personal, in fact I remember the Brummie on here who coped a coating from us.

i meant financially in the positive btw , the brummies hated them as much then as we do now for the football side
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

f*** me, seriously?

- Trying to find a back four that works when you are on a losing streak?
- Lack of confidence in your first choice after a poor display?
- Lack of fitness?
- A knock you don't know about?
- His Mrs ****ing his best mate?
- Gambling addiction?
- Blah blah blah

Maybe the right question, is why the f*** aren't we buying a decent replacement and were giving Zaba a contract? Oh and that seems to fit in Pinkys point about finances.
chigwells finest

hindsight is a wonderful thing but we did have Byram , so really did we need to resign zabaleta ? I know he's had a shocking record with injury but we only got 700k for him.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

chigwells finest wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:38 pm hindsight is a wonderful thing but we did have Byram , so really did we need to resign zabaleta ? I know he's had a shocking record with injury but we only got 700k for him.
Are you seriously suggesting we kept Byram rather than signing Zaba? I know he's gone downhill this season, but f*** me he's better in his sleep for us than Byram was playing.
chigwells finest

zaba went last season . Can't remember last time Bryan played tbh but would be better than the former ! My useless opinion of course as you see it
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

chigwells finest wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:13 am zaba went last season . Can't remember last time Bryan played tbh but would be better than the former ! My useless opinion of course as you see it
The point we are both making is that money should have been available to sort a position (FB) that all of us have been calling for, for numerous transfer windows and numerous managers (in fact all of them).

Clearly Sully only releases money for attacking players (up to a certain level), this isn't a new thing
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Ozza wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:18 am The point we are both making is that money should have been available to sort a position (FB) that all of us have been calling for, for numerous transfer windows and numerous managers (in fact all of them).

Clearly Sully only releases money for attacking players (up to a certain level), this isn't a new thing
It's almost as if Sully is f*cking useless as a football club owner...
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

naaaa hes a genius and everyone else (and history) is wrong
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

not sure about some of the suggested replacements. Sean Dyche: Done a great job on limited funds at Burnley BUT is the original long ball merchant and has zero experience of buying 'quality' players. (not sure we've got any)
Eddie Howe: More or less ditto (without the long ball caveat) as the man he swapped jobs with
Bielsa: Don't really know much about him other than he joined the sizeable group of managers who failed to get Leeds United promoted
Hughton: Decent manager who made a scruffy bag out of a sow's ear at brighton. Not inspiring
Cowley brothers: No experience at anything approaching this level
Rafa Benitez: Still worshipped on Tyneside despite turgid football. However he has played more attractive football in the past and was just being 'pragmatic' in the true sense.
Oh dear, I sound like Hammerman with my list
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Post by pezza20 »

If Pelle goes here is the person I reckon they will go for if we are still lurking near the bottom three come xmas if not done in the next few games, not my choice but because it ticks all the incompetent dwarf's boxes:

1, Out of work ... tick
2. No comp to pay for his services .. tick
3. Proven firefighter .. tick
4. Cheap and unfashionable .. tick
5. Will take the job when provided with a nice thick wad of cash for saving us

Gentlemen I give you Tony Pulis.
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

Pezza, I hope you posted that for the sake of debate and not because you have heard something :shock:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Ozza wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:17 pm (and it sounds like it was Sully's contract decision that saw Adrian out)

It wasn't btw :wink:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Well Pellers me ol' son, you've only got Chelsea and Wolves away for your next games. Best of luck with those me ol' mucker
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

pezza20 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:24 am If Pelle goes here is the person I reckon they will go for if we are still lurking near the bottom three come xmas if not done in the next few games, not my choice but because it ticks all the incompetent dwarf's boxes:

1, Out of work ... tick
2. No comp to pay for his services .. tick
3. Proven firefighter .. tick
4. Cheap and unfashionable .. tick
5. Will take the job when provided with a nice thick wad of cash for saving us

Gentlemen I give you Tony Pulis.
That would be even worse than Fat Sam. But I don't doubt that the spivs have considered it.