Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Tenbury »

For all of us.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

For what it's worth, whilst I think his time is as close to over as it could be without the door hitting him on the way out, it doesn't mean he's a bad manager. And I mean a bad manager now, let alone the people somehow deciding he was never good.

Things can become problematic. Cycles can end. Something can happen that shatters the illusion and breaks something in the spell of a manager. Who can say what might have been had Fab not got injured? Or that extra midfielder come in?

S*** happens
OFT
Has liked: 3241 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Ironing Board wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:42 pm To be honest, I’ve been doing so much driving today, that I have no idea!
slight edit
:D
You on the golf course with Pellers IB? ..nice

:wink:
Graza

Post by Graza »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:13 pm As much as I'd love to pin this entirely on the board, it just isn't the case. Yes it was a disaster to let Obiang go in my opinion, we needed him a few times already this year. What gets me with MP is his lack of capability to motivate the likes of Anderson who have been awful this year, you throw in Fornals, with Antonio injured. Our forward line is dire in terms of form right now. We have honestly looked more dangerous with Snodgrass playing in one of the front 3 and that just should not be the case with Fornals/Anderson available. We also have our best player out injured in Fab and have replaced him with some waiter.

I would not sack him, I feel we will always be in the 9th-17th spot so why bother. At the very least when things are not as dark, MP has us playing the football I want to see. Keep.
I definitely don't think you can pin this solely on the board. The ability to motivate the players, to instill a bit of pride and passion in them is definitely something that needs to come from the manager and senior players to a great extent.

But the squad has been gutted of depth meaning we can't absorb injuries and the someone in the club is briefing the press against the manager. The pet fansites are spinning it as the fans getting restless and "calling" for a Moyes like manager. None of that is helping.
westhamlinnet
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by westhamlinnet »

I am amazed at out summer signings haller was much too much money we didnt need fornals as we needed a stronger more physical player as for roberto enough said. Ajeti does not look premier class but early days coupled with all the outgoings and as for giving wheelchair jack a three year contract scandalous . I believe hussilos was a disaster at malaga last job with player recruitment. This in no way absolves the board for under investment
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

It is scandalous that he can be earning 8-10m per season. All he does is play 1 formation with no varying of tactics besides tinkering with the full-backs and central defence partnerships with no real improvements; rather detriment at times. Substitutions and in-game tactics show no deviance from the singular approach for everything.

I can proudly state that I have never adhered to the mantra 'in Pelle we trust'

Pelle is not the entire problem but is a big problem.
Phil S
Has liked: 459 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

So now it's the fans fault as we wanted Pellegrini :thdn: Burnley protest forced their hand...

Sweet jesus how low are these lot going to stoop

Funny enough the word was that we'd signed him up months before the fans knew anything

so which was it?
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Phil S wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Sweet jesus how low are these lot going to stoop

A limbo dancer would be like a high jumper compared to this lot
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

OFT wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:42 am slight edit
:D
You on the golf course with Pellers IB? ..nice

:wink:
Getting briefed! :lol:
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 242 likes
Total likes: 477 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Interesting that Ex is saying Pellers hasn't lost the dressing room.

Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

e17 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:53 pm As a kid did you dream that one day you’d be role playing David Moyes on a football forum? :lol:
Not really - I dreamt I would be sitting in a posh hotel enjoying a well-earned holiday. Dream achieved!
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Sloop John B wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:33 pm Interesting that Ex is saying Pellers hasn't lost the dressing room.

That’s encouraging- the team is currently performing to his optimal abilities!
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Sloop John B wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:33 pm Interesting that Ex is saying Pellers hasn't lost the dressing room.

That’s encouraging- the team is currently performing to his optimal abilities!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Either that's a double post or Ironing Board has a very serious stutter.

The hammer with a stammer :lol:
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by The Terminator »

Realistically I think he's got 2 more games to turn it around, Chelsea at the weekend is a write off with no one expecting anything other than a defeat, Wolves away will be a really tricky game but it'll show what he's got in his locker and if he can get this team motivated, failing to get at least a point from either match would IMO see him sacked, i'd expect us to appoint a caretaker manager for the Arsenal game with a full time replacement lined up for the match against Southampton the following weekend.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

he must have lost the dressing room because if he hasn't yet that means the performances will be even worse when he does and the wasters down tools!

I am unsure how much worse Anderson yarmolenko haller fornals cresswell diop Balbuena and Roberto can be ?

perhaps they are waiting for ogbonna rice noble Snodgrass and Antonio to stop trying; then we will be in real trouble !

we shall see on Saturday how hard they try to keep the score down.

even if we were in form I would have us down to lose this narrowly 2-1 , but in our current form I expect a 6-0 defeat and pelle sacked on sunday !

we need to hurry up anad man walking before the other clubs take our main targets of dyche and howe.
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by The Terminator »

Can anyone recall who was the last Premier League manager to resign? For obvious reasons (compo) managers never seem to walk these days?!
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

We are six points off 5th place.
Why should he resign?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

ageing hammer wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:42 pm Either that's a double post or Ironing Board has a very serious stutter.

The hammer with a stammer :lol:
I don’t have a st-st-st... there’s nothing wrong with the way I talk!
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

”Malaga famously reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League in the 2012-13 season under Pellegrini, with Husillos having overseen an expensive refit of the squad bankrolled by president Abdullah ben Nasser Al Thani.

“However, the club has struggled to hit those heights in more recent years while under more stringent financial controls, and they were relegated from LaLiga this season.”

The problem is clear now - we missed out the Arab oil money “expensive refit” part of the strategy, and have skipped straight to the relegation part. Maybe Pellers likes directness in football after all!
Last edited by Ironing Board on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.