Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by The Terminator »

szola wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:51 pm We are six points off 5th place.
Why should he resign?
In case you might have missed it, we haven't won in 8 games and have slipped from joint 3rd to 17th in a matter of months, we don't look like we know what we are doing or where we are going to get our next point from, he has lost the backing of the majority of the fans and is ultimately on a hiding to nothing.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

more realistically we are 5 pts off bottom !

as Mr T would say "wise up fools, pelle is taking us down !"

lets hope sullivan and co realise that !
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:59 pm as Mr T would say "wise up fools, pelle is taking us down !"
Hmm don't remember that episode.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2569 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

S-H wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:26 pm Hmm don't remember that episode.
It was during the period where Murdoch had to cover as goalkeeper for a few episodes.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

"I ain't playing no back five, SUCKER!!"

DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 469 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Were Face and Amy doing each other?
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

I have tried to hard to remain positive about our current manager however, after our last game there is no way back for me.

I still honestly believe he isn't entirely to blame for our downfall, he hasn't been backed enough and there has been some key injuries however, the changing point for me was why keep with a player (goalkeeper) so poor of form that he is being ridiculed from all angles (not just us)? It is because there is no one else.
Fabianski for me is a fantastic goalkeeper and has been largely down to our recent successes, we have been unfortunate to lose him for an extended period.
We released an competent back up (for one reason and another) and did not replace him adequately. We signed a washed up keeper and a keeper with a loose link to the club who if not for a family link would not even be considered. That is not proper planning and that is what I cannot get past. I appreciate hindsight is a wonderful thing but even in the friendlies they both looked shocking. surely this can be seen by those who manage the players?
Does this go back to the budget thing again?

Our most expensive players don't seem to be bothered and our so called better players are clearly frustrated. The only players who made an effort for me last game are those who have been here a while and seem to care for the club i.e. Noble, Ogbonna, Rice, Antonio and Snodgrass. They raised the game in the second half and the two goals papered over the cracks. 3-0 down and Spurs took the foot off the gas.

When players are behaving the way they are something needs to change on the pitch and it normally falls on the manager.

I am wondering if the club are waiting on Arsenal or Everton sacking their managers first as we had been linked with both in the past. I would put up with Jane (yes it is that bad now) but I sincerely do not want Benitez.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Funny thing is people who hate Moyes are going Gaga over Rafa. He was the most boring manager in the league at Newcastle! He is also following in Manuel’s footsteps and is in free fall in China. Let’s just get Houghton in and be done with it!
goa127
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Unlike a lot of people I thought the spurs game showed improvements from previous efforts. Against Newcastle we conceded 3 goals from set pieces, should have been 4 down at half-time and only got 2 goals because Newcastle got scared of actually winning the game. Against spurs we had a 20 minute spell where we looked clueless but eventually came back strongly against a decent side. Pellers actually seemed to wake up, used his subs well, changed the shape and cut our goal deficit back. Can we build on that? Doubtful unless Martin plays in goal and has the game of his life. Pellers really has just a couple of games to save our season
umweb
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by umweb »

Lovejoy2 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:49 pm Can anyone recall who was the last Premier League manager to resign? For obvious reasons (compo) managers never seem to walk these days?!
didn't wagner resign from huddersfield last year? or i guess sarri at the end of the season.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:44 pm Funny thing is people who hate Moyes are going Gaga over Rafa. He was the most boring manager in the league at Newcastle! He is also following in Manuel’s footsteps and is in free fall in China. Let’s just get Houghton in and be done with it!
You know that referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of insanity don't you, Dave? :wink:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

goa127 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:46 pm Unlike a lot of people I thought the spurs game showed improvements from previous efforts. Against Newcastle we conceded 3 goals from set pieces, should have been 4 down at half-time and only got 2 goals because Newcastle got scared of actually winning the game. Against spurs we had a 20 minute spell where we looked clueless but eventually came back strongly against a decent side. Pellers actually seemed to wake up, used his subs well, changed the shape and cut our goal deficit back. Can we build on that? Doubtful unless Martin plays in goal and has the game of his life. Pellers really has just a couple of games to save our season

…….and his neck
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

goa127 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:46 pm Unlike a lot of people I thought the spurs game showed improvements from previous efforts. Against Newcastle we conceded 3 goals from set pieces, should have been 4 down at half-time and only got 2 goals because Newcastle got scared of actually winning the game. Against spurs we had a 20 minute spell where we looked clueless but eventually came back strongly against a decent side. Pellers actually seemed to wake up, used his subs well, changed the shape and cut our goal deficit back. Can we build on that? Doubtful unless Martin plays in goal and has the game of his life. Pellers really has just a couple of games to save our season
I can see your point as we did play better as the game went on however, personally I think that there were a handful of players that raised the game for the rest. I don't remember seeing Fornals at all and Sanchez passed the ball backwards all the time. The rest of the team are so low on confidence no one really wanted to play. A tell for me was at one point Noble had the ball, looked up and all the players around him were hiding. Noble pointed in front of Fredericks for him to make a run.

I think Spurs thought they won the game especially after the third, have been going through a rough patch themselves and switched off. They were getting cocky at times, for example when Aurier nutmegged Snodgrass and then thought he was Messi. Antonio coming on changed it for me and they couldn't cope so that sub was spot on.

No one was as dynamic as Antonio and he made both goals happen. Him and Fabianksi have been really missed and could argue a big contribution to our current problems. If they were available for the games noted above we may have got the win instead of starting games goals down.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:52 pm …….and his neck
No way! Pellers gets an early holiday and a big fat payoff!
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:44 pm Funny thing is people who hate Moyes are going Gaga over Rafa. He was the most boring manager in the league at Newcastle! He is also following in Manuel’s footsteps and is in free fall in China. Let’s just get Houghton in and be done with it!
You’re not coming back then! Good luck at Everton!
SiO
Has liked: 556 likes
Total likes: 306 likes

Post by SiO »

It's with a heavy heart that I think that Pel must go. The football and the decision making hasn't been good enough. I said at the beginning that a 3-2 loss with good football would be preferable to the ***** that preceeded it, however, the football hasn't been good and there isn't a plan B.

That said, I'd keep Pel over Houghton or Rafa for that matter. I've enjoyed some of Dyches football but not the dark arts he encourages in his players. I'm pretty depressed at the state of things all told and this is before the issues with GBS are taken into account. I presume to suppose that anyone playing good football and at a high level isn't coming here. And for some of the clammer for Bowyer, I've always found him an odious man who I wouldn't want here regardless.

How the papers can discuss our spend without mentioning money recouped also irks.

Sad days. I was so so optimistic for our boss. I hope he pulls it around but cannot see it
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

actually agree with you on rafa there.
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

What are the odds that we sack Pellegrini and then he goes on to win something at another team. On another point I currently think the whole club stinks right from the top, decisions made from the board to the manager just aren’t working. You have to look at the structure of the club, how many of us are looking at the youth set up and getting excited about future prospects.
Softhammer

Post by Softhammer »

I dont think Howe is a better manager than Pell boy. However it's not looking good at the moment. Still.. I'll back the manager atleast until Christmas.
Pob!
Has liked: 1062 likes
Total likes: 695 likes

Post by Pob! »

What's Pardew doing now days?