Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Lovejoy2 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:14 am Regardless of the fact that our owners aren't doing us any favours, on paper this squad should be doing better than it is, look at Sheffield United, have they spent much money? Is their squad better than ours? Pellegrini should be doing better with this team than he is, other managers would do, Pellegrini is out of ideas and its shows, as a decent man he should admit he gave it his best and simply walk away before things get even more messy.
Agree we need to get rid of Pellegrini now.
He’s not worried about relegation. Wow
We probably have more technically skilled players than the likes of SU, but we need players who will fight for the cause. We don’t have anywhere near enough of these .
funky chicken
Has liked: 319 likes
Total likes: 1237 likes

Post by funky chicken »

No manager will succeed with these owners in charge. Pass it on......
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

There's absolutely no point bringing in a manager who wants a big investment in the playing staff year on year. It's pointless and will end in tears. We need a manager who works wonders on a budget, can win a game through tactical prowess, and is able to motivate players enough to work hard week in, week out. That's the most sensible choice whilst we have these owners. That's what I'd do if I was them. I'm not entirely sure why they keep setting themselves up for this kind of fall. Giving Moyes the job full time would have been the best thing to do from their point of view. I'd rather be a steady and respected mid table act than a circus. They do themselves no favours at all.
dave_l
Has liked: 78 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

We've been here before. All too depressingly predictable.

Too many out there that seem demotivated and not bothered, a squad that's not particularly balanced and what's frustrating is that we've been here so many times before and it'll keep happening until things change at the top. I'm losing interest in seeing the same thing happen again and again and it's heartbreaking but I just don't care as much any more.
OFT
Has liked: 2953 likes
Total likes: 1745 likes

Post by OFT »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:59 am There's absolutely no point bringing in a manager who wants a big investment in the playing staff year on year. It's pointless and will end in tears. We need a manager who works wonders on a budget, can win a game through tactical prowess, and is able to motivate players enough to work hard week in, week out. That's the most sensible choice whilst we have these owners. That's what I'd do if I was them. I'm not entirely sure why they keep setting themselves up for this kind of fall. Giving Moyes the job full time would have been the best thing to do from their point of view. I'd rather be a steady and respected mid table act than a circus. They do themselves no favours at all.
:thup:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we have been ***** many times in our history and relegated many times however it is worse now because we don't have our home, atmosphere soul etc. all gone and replaced by a rented venue that puts events on. no team fears playing us as we have no home advantage anymore. 3 seasons in and we shgow no signs of having home advantage.
Pellegrini showed go today as it is clear he cannot motivate himself let alone the players.
the players are unprofessional lazy unfit and don't care.

what was the atmosphere like last night , before we conceded? seemed flat from what I could make out on TV.
smuts
Has liked: 1493 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by smuts »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:38 am I'm not having this thing that our squad is top 10 material.

Last night we had David Martin in goal. A bang average right back, a £4m centre half partnered with a lad we all assumed wouldn't be first choice now. Cresswell should have been properly replaced last year.

Then midfield we have Snodgrass and Noble who wouldn't look out of place in the Championship. If they were playing for Stoke you wouldn't bat an eyelid. A 20 year kid who is still learning the game, a young lad trying to get adjusted to the league and then our star man who has 1 goal in his last 30 games.

Up top we had a winger who has 7 in his last 40.
:thup:

All of this "It'll be okay when Fab and Antonio are back" is a load of old rot. This team is dire and that's before you get to the bench where you have a £45m striker who hasn't broken a sweat for 3 months on the pitch and a £22m 6 foot 4 CB who can't head the ball to save his life.
PlaistowIron
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by PlaistowIron »

Atmosphere was awful, as per usual... not helped by the ridiculous queues for a nominal search to get near the ground. People already have the hump before it kicks off!

On the verge of a riot last night...
hxhammer

Post by hxhammer »

chalks wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:36 am Allardyce - 3rd season in charge, funds lacking for squad
Bilic - 2nd season in charge, funds lacking for squad
Pellegrini- 2nd season in charge, funds lacking for squad

Common denominator is owners who aren’t fit to run a football club

Rinse and repeat. It’s all about staying on the gravy train for these crooks. No interest whatsoever in pushing us to the next level

Every thread on the forum should be about getting the owners out, not commenting on what are now mere sideshows to the real problem
Bang on the money, they have sucked the f*cking life out of the club, we could have Pep in charge and nothing would be different

As supporters, we had our chance to rebel against these goons, but we didnt

We're f*cked
swash
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 190 likes

Post by swash »

Regardless of the boards failings, he has got to go, completely the wrong man for a relegation battle, need a nasty b*stard, who will tell a few home truths and actually concentrate on the basics like tactics, fitness and defending set pieces.
Last edited by swash on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:38 am I'm not having this thing that our squad is top 10 material.

Last night we had David Martin in goal. A bang average right back, a £4m centre half partnered with a lad we all assumed wouldn't be first choice now. Cresswell should have been properly replaced last year.

Then midfield we have Snodgrass and Noble who wouldn't look out of place in the Championship. If they were playing for Stoke you wouldn't bat an eyelid. A 20 year kid who is still learning the game, a young lad trying to get adjusted to the league and then our star man who has 1 goal in his last 30 games.

Sums it up perfectly.
Right now I’d be happy if we just showed a bit of fight, but we are powder puff.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

This is the thing that gets me with footballers they don't try. who have we got who would be up for a relegation fight that we are now in ?

ogbonna noble rice Snodgrass Antonio cresswell fabianski - not a lot and none of our "star" names !

even with a new man in it will take time to improve our fitness levels but we can improve our tactics and formations. set pieces we have no clue at and these can be worked on IF the players are interested !

first step is to remove the oap.

the board are going nowhere and will act to protect their gravy train !
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

swash wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:20 am Regardless of the boards failings, he has got to go, completely the wrong man for a relegation battle, need a nasty b*stard, who will tell a few home truths and actually concentrate on the basics like tactics, fitness and defending set pieces.
Exactly. These things don't cost any money. Any competent manager can get these things sorted out.
I despise the board, but the manner of our defeats is down to poor inept management.

The only way for the Club to improve is for board to f*** off, but any competent manager can put a team out that puts in a decent shift and does the basics well enough to get results.

To lose in the manner we did last night shows we are going down under this manager. The board are only delaying the inevitable.

We have absolutely no shape or tactics, last night was a pathetic embarrassment.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1483 likes
Total likes: 3065 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

You know, that's extremely damning. If you look at this squad, there's a few players who do seem individually good, but don't have the proof of that consistently or at least in the way they're being used. And then there's a lot of punts.

I have long liked Ogbonna, but it is quite something that I would have him comfortably as our player of the year.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 155 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Hockley Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:33 am Exactly. These things don't cost any money. Any competent manager can get these things sorted out.
I despise the board, but the manner of our defeats is down to poor inept management.

The only way for the Club to improve is for board to f*** off, but any competent manager can put a team out that puts in a decent shift and does the basics well enough to get results.

To lose in the manner we did last night shows we are going down under this manager. The board are only delaying the inevitable.

We have absolutely no shape or tactics, last night was a pathetic embarrassment.
Bang on Hockley. :thup:
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 191 likes

Post by Prob »

Some of the problem is Pellegrini and his tactics.

But the lack of investment from the board is the real shocker they are still hoping Noble can do a job in midfield for the next 3/4 years so they don't have to replace him, Rice will be sold at some point in the summer

We have failed to invest in our defence apart from Diop. Gold and Sullivan think they can sign one "big" player and the fans will be happy and kept in our little boxes

Our net spend is actually very very low and we are still the only club in the premiership that is affected by financial fair play as the line our owners love to put out.
hxhammer

Post by hxhammer »

Hockley Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:33 am Exactly. These things don't cost any money. Any competent manager can get these things sorted out.

You are quite correct, but should they get rid, which they probably wont, whoever comes in, within 18 months or so, we will be saying the same thing. They are THE problem, end of. No real investment, just bull**** and bravado
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

swash wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:20 am Regardless of the boards failings, he has got to go, completely the wrong man for a relegation battle, need a nasty b*stard, who will tell a few home truths and actually concentrate on the basics like tactics, fitness and defending set pieces.
so true. ive been spouting how much id have liked Eddie Howe earlier this season but i don't think hes the man we need for a battle now. These moments call for *dare say it* a Moyes/ Big Sam type. not that i want either of these again, but now isn't the time for football.
we will get a manager of this ilk in and we ill climb up the table. its not as bad a people are making out. there are very little points between where we are and mid table.
brain wave - Sean Dyche. Perfect fit.
OFT
Has liked: 2953 likes
Total likes: 1745 likes

Post by OFT »

It's Ok. Our esteemed leader isn't worried about relegation.... phew!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50721594

Apologies if I've missed this elsewhere on here
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

panic in dwarf towers last night as he scurries around trying to find a manager out of work for free, who he hasnt **cked off or who hasnt told him to **ck off