Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Hockley Hammer »

hxhammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:45 am You are quite correct, but should they get rid, which they probably wont, whoever comes in, within 18 months or so, we will be saying the same thing. They are THE problem, end of. No real investment, just bull**** and bravado
I know where the real problem lies believe me, but that is no excuse for the pathetic lethargic performances coming from our players.

That is down to poor management and I don't think that should be excused. If the players don't care - leave them out the team and play somebody who does.

We look like a team with no shape, no tactics or leadership and the buck for that has to stop with the manager.
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

What do they actually do in training? Make videos of people pranking Declan Rice?
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Rafa's audition on MNF last night will have the dwarf licking his lips.

I have no doubt he will be our next manager.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Prob wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:45 am Some of the problem is Pellegrini and his tactics.

But the lack of investment from the board is the real shocker they are still hoping Noble can do a job in midfield for the next 3/4 years so they don't have to replace him, Rice will be sold at some point in the summer

We have failed to invest in our defence apart from Diop. Gold and Sullivan think they can sign one "big" player and the fans will be happy and kept in our little boxes

Our net spend is actually very very low and we are still the only club in the premiership that is affected by financial fair play as the line our owners love to put out.
Yes net spend is low etc etc but Pellegrini/Husillos were the ones who decided to spend £25M on Fornals in the summer and not a strong centre midfielder which it is blaringly obvious we have needed for about 4 years.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Absolutely embarasing how Arsenal passed from Leno all the way through our team with little resistance to retrieve the ball, all the way to Pepe who Slammed it home.
Get him gone today dildo dwarf
darklake

Post by darklake »

Headline on Sky sports web site is West Ham board in talks about Pellegrini future
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Benitez will only come if he resigns from his job, or at the end of his contract in 1-2 years time. So unless any of those occur forget about him.

It'll be Moyes as his available on a free. It's as clear as day it'll be him if Everton don't appoint him before us.

Howe and Parker are both out of contract in the summer so their compensation may not be too high. But the owners have yet to appoint a manager that wasn't available, or resigned from their job.

The best man for the job who would tick the boxes of:

- Still fairly young for a manager;
- Has got a club into Europa League;
- Making us more solid at the back;
- Sometimes sets his team to play 2 up top;
- Will sign young English players;
- Can work on a rubbish transfer budget;
- Would most likely want to be here and put his all into the job

........is Sean Dyche. But is the most unlikelist due to how many years he has on his contract.

The only gamble I would take is on Danny Cowley. I really do think he will be the next Eddie Howe who will take a successful leap inot the Premier League. And wouldn't be surprised if he gets Huddersfield promoted in the next 2 seasons if another club doesn't nab him by then.

If we were relegated he would certainly be my number one choice to rebuild us.

But most of all I think he is the only man that can have a strong bond with the supporters again.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2691 likes
Total likes: 1787 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

chigwells finest wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 am panic in dwarf towers last night as he scurries around trying to find a manager out of work for free, who he hasnt **cked off or who hasnt told him to **ck off

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer ... /statistik
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Hi still insists as the man who got us into this mess, he is the person to get us out of it

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier ... spartandhp
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 242 likes
Total likes: 477 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Even when we were in control last night...1-0 up and pushing for a second we weren't creating any chances.

The difference between Cresswell and Masuaku was clear as day last night.

Arsenal were so tepid last night how we managed to get thrashed by them I will never know.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

Is that Premier League winning Prick still here?
johnnyb
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

S-H wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:59 am Rafa's audition on MNF last night will have the dwarf licking his lips.

I have no doubt he will be our next manager.
Quoted as saying he will not be coming back to the PL any time soon. Let's see.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 779 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

i can understand the calls for his head, we're awful and show little signs of progress, what i can't understand is the vitriol aimed at the bloke. how many more decent managers can you put yourself at the edge of a coronary, blowing your fuse over how much they're ruining your club before you realise that any new manager we get in will be another temporary solution to a terminal problem?

call for his resignation if you want, but save whatever fight you have left for the real battle.
hxhammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by hxhammer »

Hockley Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:57 am I know where the real problem lies believe me, but that is no excuse for the pathetic lethargic performances coming from our players.

That is down to poor management and I don't think that should be excused. If the players don't care - leave them out the team and play somebody who does.

We look like a team with no shape, no tactics or leadership and the buck for that has to stop with the manager.
Oh i agree something needs to be done about Pellegrini and how the side are performing, but its deja vu, with every manager we've had since these slags took us over, the same thing has happened, they can't all be bad managers, something occurs for them to lose, what appears to be, all interest in the job
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

This has aged well since the Man Utd game....

17 years of hurt
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

funky chicken wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:53 am No manager will succeed with these owners in charge. Pass it on......
Exactly this.

While Pellegrini is far from faultless, he has not been backed to address the clear deficiencies in the squad and there is a clear power struggle going on behind the scenes which has undermined his position.

While I agree he probably has to go now as it feels like things have got to the point of no return, we’ll be back here in 2 years time with the next manager if not sooner.
Overchuffed
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Overchuffed »

The Sack Race doesn't even show odds for Rafa ....

Odds at moment look like this:
Howe 3/1
Hughton 7/1
Moyes 7/1
Dyche 12/1
O'Neill 16/1
Bowyer 14/1
Wilder 16/1

The underlying issue is the owners will be very reluctant to change manager during a season and when they have done in the past, it's always been for someone who is not going to cost them anything.
Sullivan, I would assume, will be very reluctant to eat humble pie and ask Moyes to come back, reluctant to tempt Dyche away from Burnley, or take a risk on a Bowyer / Cowley etc.

Personally, after last nights performance (if you can even call it that!) I don't think we can wait until after Saturday - we need a reaction and Southampton is a 6 pointer and some of those players need a rocket up their bum.

I think it has to be Rafa - i fear it will be Hughton.
Diogenes
Has liked: 479 likes
Total likes: 1200 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Facts: Défense like a perpetual sieve, laborious attack like a blunt instrument, team woefully unfit (‘West Ham got tired’ Freddie Ljungberg), lack of imagination at set pieces and defend set pieces like statues, most of your top signings dropped or regularly substituted, no obvious tactical plan or formation plus an inability to change during or from match to match. Have I missed anything? Please, please tell me I am wrong or over exaggerating.
Rightly or wrongly, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal and Watford boards acted decisively and quickly. Sullivan is deluded, spineless and as tight as a ducks arse. So what’s going to happen?
17 years of hurt
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:34 am i can understand the calls for his head, we're awful and show little signs of progress, what i can't understand is the vitriol aimed at the bloke. how many more decent managers can you put yourself at the edge of a coronary, blowing your fuse over how much they're ruining your club before you realise that any new manager we get in will be another temporary solution to a terminal problem?

call for his resignation if you want, but save whatever fight you have left for the real battle.
Definitely something that has wound me up.

He hasn’t become a **** manager overnight. He has been hamstrung by the squad he has. Has he made some bad decisions? Of course he has but even the best managers in the world do.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Overchuffed wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:46 am The Sack Race doesn't even show odds for Rafa ....
Rafa is favourite on SkyBet