Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Ozza »

HammerPDC wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:20 pm Preach Ozza

I know it’s always disappointing on a match day defeat but so many are willing to take a step back and have a look at the bigger picture and it’s those fans that the owners prey on
Confused.com
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Pob! wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:22 pm People blaming the twats upstairs for on field failings are giving Pell-Boy a free ride.

He is responsible for what he puts on the pitch and the formation we use.
I hate those ***** upstairs but blaming them is like me blaming my car for not getting me to work on time when it's me that's driving.
There’s clearly two different aspects to look at this. I don’t think anyone is looking at Pellegrini and thinking short term he hasn’t produced what he should have done

But on the flip side so many are too used to seeing the same situation unfold and longer term the blame does land with the owners, point blank
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Pob! wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:22 pm People blaming the twats upstairs for on field failings are giving Pell-Boy a free ride.

He is responsible for what he puts on the pitch and the formation we use.
I hate those ***** upstairs but blaming them is like me blaming my car for not getting me to work on time when it's me that's driving.
It really isn’t is it....

, it’s like blaming the makers of a car that constantly breaks down and should be recalled
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

wormley wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:23 pm Should have bought Ings
We'd have been wasting our time. Danny Ings has supported Southampton all his life. Only a Champions League team had any chance of stopping him choose his boyhood club.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

The owners are the reason we take leads and don’t win matches.
The owners are the reason we have Noble and Snodgrass playing in midfield (even though the manager barely used Obiang and spent his money on Fornals).
The owners are the reason the football is poor.
The owners are the reason Jordan Ayew can produce Messi moments.
The owners are the reason our tactics are laughable.

Absolute b*llocks. They are **** owners who moved us from our home and care only about their own pockets, but let’s not make out like they are the sole reason for Pellegrini failing...
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:26 pm The owners are the reason we take leads and don’t win matches.
The owners are the reason we have Noble and Snodgrass playing in midfield (even though the manager barely used Obiang and spent his money on Fornals).

Absolute b*llocks. They are **** owners who moved us from our home and care only about their own pockets, but let’s not make out like they are the sole reason for Pellegrini failing...
Fair enough, so who next? Why? And how far can they take us?
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:23 pm Have you seen them clubs signings though? They are leagues ahead of us in both spending and quality of signings. They also like to spend more than £9m on a defensive player. Our board is the opposite of those 2 clubs' boards.
I don’t think Leicester are - they just made smart additions to their squad. Thing is, if we listened to Moyes we would have signed McGinn for peanuts. He would have added some much needed energy, but instead we ended up with sicknote Wilshire on a mega money contract.

It would take Moyes time to build a younger profile team made up of players with resale value, but I think there is way more upside to that approach than what Husillos and El Pel have masterminded alongside Sullivan.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Of course not, however they are responsible for

- setting a long term (even medium term) plan / blueprint for this club.

- for making transfer funds available mainly to deal with the constant under investment

- for getting rid of good squad players to get the wages off the books that were needed and not giving money uk the manager to replace them.

- for minimum investment in the training facilities

- for undermining the manager in the press

- for most of the negativity that surrounds this place

The manager isn’t excusable neither were any of the others, however the output and problems are the same, and there’s only one constant with that.

They have a great ability of making decent managers look ****
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

HammerPDC wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:24 pm

But on the flip side so many are too used to seeing the same situation unfold and longer term the blame does land with the owners, point blank
I would agree that its upstairs that make the appointments and I would also say are sometimes too quick to pull the trigger (Moyes & Billic) however I stand by my point.
They are not responsible for the team being so **** on the pitch.
The Atmosphere at the ground maybe part of the failings and also the conditions the team operates in in down to them yes.
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:26 pm The owners are the reason we take leads and don’t win matches.

Bang on! Nail on head.. :thup:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Watching us trying to break is comedic - off sprints Antonio, lots off opposition defenders in pursuit - the rest of our lot nowhere to be seen.
:lol: A bit like a Xmas panto or comedy farce !

Harry Enfield and his Chumley Warner come to mind !!
denzel

Post by denzel »

Ozza spot on as usual.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

To think we could be changing places with Brentford next season. Just let that one sink in GS&B, because that is a team that shows never say die spirit Who's their manager by the way ?
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Pop Robson wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:39 pm :lol: A bit like a Xmas panto or comedy farce !

Harry Enfield and his Chumley Warner come to mind !!
Charles 'Charlie' Charles was the footballer :)
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Our football team is basically **** at football. We can't change most of the players and we can't change the owners, so the best we can do in this situation is change the manager because he's being paid a fortune and the results and performances this season have generally been woeful. Seems little point in keeping him on any longer
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:40 pm To think we could be changing places with Brentford next season. Just let that one sink in GS&B, because that is a team that shows never say die spirit Who's their manager by the way ?
Bring it on I say, I’d love us to go down it would put some real pressure on the leeches
il_martello_di_genovesi

The selling of squad players could’ve been with his blessing. He barely used Obiang and didn’t often start Hernández. Pellegrini could’ve been trusting his mate Husillos to provide the in and outs in regards to players. We don’t know exactly who is at fault for buying and selling. We bought in Fornals, Ajeti and Haller for Obiang, Hernandez and Arnie. It looks to me it’s more a case or bad recruitment than undermining. If they wanted to f*** a manager over completely they could’ve got plenty in for less than £7m a year. Moyes probably could’ve stayed for half of that.

They are at fault for most of the stuff you list Ozza, I agree, but plenty of the stuff on the pitch is down to him and his staff. Pellegrini hasn’t yet had to start Roger Johnson or Jonathan Calleri. He leaves a £22m CB on the bench and has a £45m forward who does mostly f*** all unless someone else does all the running.
Da Vinci
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Da Vinci »

The players that have been signed under the new management have largely been anonymous in recent times. we had to bring Snodgrass back to add a bit of work rate to the team and he has done well while Yarmo, Anderson , Wilshere, Haller, etc. have been sitting on their arses on the bench. This management team has to go now, deal with the owners later. :x
il_martello_di_genovesi

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:40 pm To think we could be changing places with Brentford next season. Just let that one sink in GS&B, because that is a team that shows never say die spirit Who's their manager by the way ?
Do you know anything about Brentford? This isn’t a dig btw, just saying look it up if you don’t. They have a special blueprint which involves buying and selling players based on data and stats and appointing a manager who will basically fit into that approach. All very clever, but it does involve them losing their best players fairly often.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

What we do know is that Pellers said he wanted to replace Obiang, that was in the press, I’ll let you work that one out, and how it played out.

What we also know is historically how the leeches work we’ve had 10 years of it, it’s never changed, it amazes me that people have short memories wit these c****

I’ll say it again for the millionth time, it’s irrelevant who the manager is with this lot, rinse and repeat