Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9648 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by S-H »

keithwright1977 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:54 pm Hammers options
Get rid of Pellegrini = £20m
Buy players unsuitable for Premier League = £20m
Yeah but.. signing players is life, bro.
brothernero
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by brothernero »

"People took against Allardyce and Moyes from the outset"

Perhaps if Allardyce had not slagged of each and every supporter from day 1 then. Hardly endeared himself to us did he.

Day 1, "Sam you are West Ham's new manager"

Sam, "yes and all their fans are deluded c****"
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:50 pm People took against Allardyce and Moyes from the outset - there's an element within our support who'll take against anyone like that.

Pellegrini often looks like a PR appointment to appease those with that viewpoint, just as Zola was after Curbishley. The end result of these changes is usually as bad , if not worse.
I think Sulli and senior people at the club want to be loved and also think they can spot (and profit) from attacking players. To some degree I think managers like Sam and Moyes (who are almost the opposite extreme of the spectrum) balance that up.

There was a really interesting tweet from Ex (and similar language was used on the ‘&’ website) when we went for Fornals - it said something like ‘the club sees better value in Fornals than the other midfielders we were interested in’. The ‘other’ midfielders rumoured were Joan Jordan, Lobotka and Issac Hayden. We’re crying out for one of those three in our midfield imo. It was interesting that the decision was being made on ‘value’ and also that it was apparently a ‘club’ decision and not DoF or manager being referenced. Fornals has been better of late, but that’s not the point - our central midfield is abject in athletic terms. Opposition teams know they will get time and space because Declan can’t cope or be 100% for every challenge. It repeatedly leads to goals conceded and our attacking is suffocated by players trying to compensate by slowing it down, playing safe and not getting ahead of the ball.
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

keithwright1977 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:54 pm Hammers options
Get rid of Pellegrini = £20m
Buy players unsuitable for Premier League = £20m
There was a comment on a West Ham podcast this week (apols - can’t recall which one) that suggested it would only cost £5m to move Pellegrini on as he’s a gentleman and implied that he would agree some form of mutual deal. That’s less than it would allegedly cost for Javier Manquillo.
LongShot
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by LongShot »

lol we actually need allardyce.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Doc H Ball wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:54 pm It’s our fault.
Pellegrini was an appointment to appease the support, Doc. "World class, title winning, " blah blah blah. The managerial equivalent of getting Nasri, Evra and Zabaleta five to ten years after their best.

And people bought it. The owners exploit it.

If people want shot of the owners, they need to keep their wallets shut.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Coops wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:57 pmBut the owners need to strengthen in January no matter who is sitting in the chair.
Otherwise I feel we are destined for the drop.
The GK Issue has been an abomination and many fans were correct in the Summer when they said we needed a Foe type player sitting. However, I honestly feel like recruitment is the secondary issue here and that tactics and motivation are the main concerns.

Someone like Gerard has now done his apprenticeship in Scotland and would not put up with lack of effort from his players. Pellers looks shot.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I said I only want him gone during the season if we are really in the relegation battle. We without a doubt are now and I expect us to be for the rest of the season.

I now want him gone as soon as possible.

I am bored sh*tless watching us play. More so than any of the previous managers. And I mean any of the previous managers we have had under our w*nker owners. And that is saying something!

I have zero faith he will turn this around and is the man to improve us. And don't trust him to spend any more money to bring in the right players and characters we desperately crave. And I think the only reason we will stay up, if we do is simply because there are 3 worse teams than us.

Let's be honest, even the wins we have had this season have been down to the poor teams we have faced, or we have just been lucky enough to face a team that doesn't exploit our weaknesses. As we have arguably got to be one of the easiest, if not the easiest team to beat if you really do your homework on us.
ironilunga

Post by ironilunga »

Why can’t clubs put break clauses into managers contracts should they not reach negotiated mid season targets? For example: 12th or better by Christmas or club can trigger break clause?

Surely the above would avoid big payouts when managers get sacked.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Are they waiting for a raven from kings landing before they pull the plug on this farce ? We are abysmal all over the pitch , have been for months , what are they watching ? We have become a sympathy club , how many times do I have to hear from pals who support other teams with '' we are **it but you're a 1000 times worse .?? We are dead in the water with this man in charge
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:08 pm And people bought it. The owners exploit it.

It’s this,over and over and over.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:08 pm Pellegrini was an appointment to appease the support, Doc. "World class, title winning, " blah blah blah. The managerial equivalent of getting Nasri, Evra and Zabaleta five to ten years after their best.

And people bought it. The owners exploit it.

To an extent Bubbles. The ‘you will see why in 9 months’ from Andy Swallow after his meeting with Sullivan was obviously a reference to having been told Pellegrini was signing with a £100m war chest.

It’s of interest that according to ‘The Legacy’ (which hadn’t been sued) one of the country’s biggest career criminals was at that same meeting.

The supporters, generally, didn’t and haven’t ‘bought it’ - they were sold it, forcibly.

We haven’t got anywhere else to go, both physically and emotionally. I’m still opening my wallet and going not for them, but for what’s left of us.

When they scored their later winner today it felt a bit different to their other late winners. There was anger after Antonio’s brain fart last time but today crowd didn’t really seem to care that much. My bet is a lot of us would welcome relegation.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Chalks and Ozza spot on yet again.
How does anyone still not see it?? Nothing will ever ever change with those 3 at the helm.

Pellers will be gone after the bournemouth game, will probably be Moyes that returns. Groundhog day and the cycle repeating itself.
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

today crowd didn’t really seem to care that much. My bet is a lot of us would welcome relegation.
[/quote]
The ominous admission of resignation
ironilunga

Post by ironilunga »

southendmadhammer wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:05 pmHow does anyone still not see it?? Nothing will ever ever change with those 3 at the helm.
I personally struggle to see how the board are to blame for our current form (unless of course moving stadium can be used as an excuse by every future manager of the club)
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

ironilunga wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:15 pm I personally struggle to see how the board are to blame for our current form (unless of course moving stadium can be used as an excuse by every future manager of the club)
Moving to a **** stadium is a valid excuse.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 861 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

I can’t believe he is still here. He should have gone weeks ago and given a new manager a chance to give us the new manager bounce over the busy Christmas period.

We are in serious trouble now. The owner’s inability to act in time will be the reason we drop.
denzel

Post by denzel »

Ozza wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:43 pm Bring it on I say, I’d love us to go down it would put some real pressure on the leeches
The thing is Ozza, the only thing these leeches care about it profit. If we go down they’re not going to get that profit. I reckon if we went down they’d cling on for dear life until we went back up.
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

We need a major overhaul from top to bottom how many times has that been said in the last 10-15 years alone?

Absolutely fed up with the lack of conviction and care shown by the majority of the players, said for a while we need more british based players and not the Carlos kickaballs we are lumbered with.

Awful decisions today, when Haller went off we became ineffectual and then Ajeti gets put on for the last 7 mins.

Baffling today as so many times this season. The board have let Ancelotti join Everton , who had a decent pedigree and maybe might have been tempted here. Who else is there that could come here and fo a decent job? Lawd help us!!
denzel

Post by denzel »

southendmadhammer wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:05 pm Chalks and Ozza spot on yet again.
How does anyone still not see it??
I cannot echo this enough....