Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

essexguy

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by essexguy »

HammerPDC wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:28 pm
That said sacking the manager only sends us round in the same circle. This is a problem that runs far deeper and it’s on Sullivan and Gold if you think we go anything better than mid table with them your delusional

Out of interest to those wanting Pellegrini out, who should replace him? Don’t hit me with Bowyer etc that’s just embarrassing, im talking serious credible mangers who can come in and take us above say 9th in the table?
If we were sitting in mid table I wouldn’t be calling him to be sacked. We aren’t talking about mid table, we are talking about getting relegated.

It would be different if we had a run of difficult games but then had some easy games coming up. You could look 8 games ahead and think about picking more points. Our next 8 games are worrying.

It’s also no longer about long term plans. An appointment needs to be made to steady the ship. If we get someone who works out longer term then great!

Anyway this is all theory anyway. The Dave’s will not twist when they would have to pay so much money in compensation to MP.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Faithless wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:30 pm I support every manager we've had and I'll continue to support Pellers but he needs to to some serious work over the international break with this lot because there is nothing to cling on too at the moment, practically every player is playing below their level in every game.
We are effectively starting every game a goal down until Fabianski comes back. In addition our team seems incapable of creating chances.

Wouldn’t like to be in MP’s shoes.
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

HammerPDC wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:28 pm Out of interest to those wanting Pellegrini out, who should replace him? Don’t hit me with Bowyer etc that’s just embarrassing, im talking serious credible mangers who can come in and take us above say 9th in the table?
I think we really missed a trick not going for Brendan Rodgers. He was who i wanted before we went in for Pellers.

Its a pertinent question you ask; and i'm not sure who we could go in for.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

S-H wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm He hasn't shown signs of changing his philosophy since he's been here.. why would he start now.

Dude wants out.
I've had that view about all the ones we've had here managing this club, it's a ****ing disgrace
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Not sure if this has been said yet (and I'm certainly not looking back over 305 to see if it has), but are we proving that managers like Pellegrini can't do the business without a warchest the size of a small country?

Or is it that after becoming our manager, he's realised what he's up against regarding the glorious custodians of our club and he's thinking - "F**k it! I'm in my 70's and I can't be bothered with all this s**t" and has just given up?

Just a couple of thoughts.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

:lol: Im laughing at the suggestion of Rodgers, I got slated on here for wanting him both before and during he went to Celtic
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

essexguy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:35 pm If we were sitting in mid table I wouldn’t be calling him to be sacked. We aren’t talking about mid table, we are talking about getting relegated.

It would be different if we had a run of difficult games but then had some easy games coming up. You could look 8 games ahead and think about picking more points. Our next 8 games are worrying.

It’s also no longer about long term plans. An appointment needs to be made to steady the ship. If we get someone who works out longer term then great!

Anyway this is all theory anyway. The Dave’s will not twist when they would have to pay so much money in compensation to MP.
Actually disagree - they take more of a financial risk keeping him on if they feel he is not capable of turning it round.
essexguy

Post by essexguy »

Pellegrini comments:

West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini: "I don't know if it was an unacceptable performance. We conceded the first goal from a corner that was not a corner.

"When you concede so many easy goals it does not help. I am concerned at the easy goals we are conceding. We need to change. I prefer not to analyse individual performances - I prefer to talk about the team.

"We have 15 days and we will try and recover. The international break has come at a good time. We need to work hard and reverse this situation. It's more than just confidence - we are conceding too many goals. if you concede too many easy goals it is very difficult to win."

:eh:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

what happened to that thread about how far forward should we plan ?

considering who we are, there should be more managers leaving us for better jobs than we sack.

we'll get another manager with a completely different philosophy, sign players to fit that system and then sack him leaving the squad ill equipped for another bloke coming in
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Ozza wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:37 pm :lol: Im laughing at the suggestion of Rodgers, I got slated on here for wanting him both before and during he went to Celtic
At the moment the hype does not match reality though. He was poor in Europe for Celtic, while Strachan and Lennon were able to get past the group stages in the Champions League. Lennon is again doing better in Europe than Rodgers had.

He seems to be doing well at Leicester, but it is early days. He seems to have a short term galvanizing effect before things go belly up. How many would predict how hopeless MP would be after his reasonable start?
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:37 pm Not sure if this has been said yet (and I'm certainly not looking back over 305 to see if it has), but are we proving that managers like Pellegrini can't do the business without a warchest the size of a small country?

Or is it that after becoming our manager, he's realised what he's up against regarding the glorious custodians of our club and he's thinking - "F**k it! I'm in my 70's and I can't be bothered with all this s**t" and has just given up?

In the world of Premiership football the investment we have is small, always has been, and regardless of age all of our previous managers seem to go through exactly the same issues, with exactly the same things levelled at them, "no plan B", "lacklustre performances", "players don't care", "no leadership", "tactical naivety" etc etc.

The only constants in all of that, Sully, **** investment, the training ground
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

IB he's done well at every club he's been at, what you talking about? Especially in regard to player management, systems and the foundations of creating a good club.

Not that it matters in regard to us
Last edited by Ozza on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Ozza wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:37 pm :lol: Im laughing at the suggestion of Rodgers, I got slated on here for wanting him both before and during he went to Celtic

Not sure why anyone would NOT want Rogers. Is he a bit of a prat, Yes. Is He a top quality manager who gets his teams playing good attacking football. HELL YES!!
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

essexguy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:38 pm Pellegrini comments:

West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini: "I don't know if it was an unacceptable performance. We conceded the first goal from a corner that was not a corner.

"When you concede so many easy goals it does not help. I am concerned at the easy goals we are conceding. We need to change. I prefer not to analyse individual performances - I prefer to talk about the team.

"We have 15 days and we will try and recover. The international break has come at a good time. We need to work hard and reverse this situation. It's more than just confidence - we are conceding too many goals. if you concede too many easy goals it is very difficult to win."

:shock:

" I don't know if it was an unacceptable performance"
WTF?

I'll tell him what's unacceptable, it's unacceptable that he doesn't know what is and isn't unacceptable.
If that's the best he's got to say he should just f*** off
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 483 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Ozza wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:42 pm IB he's done well at every club he's been at, what you talking about?
Rogers is not Moyes. :wink:
Al Fisti
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

Hook it!
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

How do you appraise that?

“Yes well it is difficult to analyse the performance. Difficult to play when other team scores goals.”

Naughty teams keep scoring :D
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

essexguy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:38 pm Pellegrini comments:

Why aren't we working hard at the moment then, would be my riposte to that comment and just how much worse have things got to get before we do ?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:37 pm Not sure if this has been said yet (and I'm certainly not looking back over 305 to see if it has), but are we proving that managers like Pellegrini can't do the business without a warchest the size of a small country?

A Pelligrini in his 50s is different from the guy we had now. He has managed Real and Man City, so what is his motivation here. He clearly went for the money when he went to China (where he was rubbish), so I doubt he has much motivation.

People paint in broad strokes, but each manager is a unique individual with different motivations and circumstances. We blame the board all the time, but MP has been given decent resources compared to his predecessors.

The fan base needs to get real to an extent as well, as too many want the mythical “next level” that is all but impossible to achieve in the modern premier league without insane financial backing.
Last edited by Ironing Board on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.