Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Overchuffed
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Overchuffed »

hxhammer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:43 am Oh i agree something needs to be done about Pellegrini and how the side are performing, but its deja vu, with every manager we've had since these slags took us over, the same thing has happened, they can't all be bad managers, something occurs for them to lose, what appears to be, all interest in the job
Could it be that the owners go behind his back and start talking to other managers (confirmed meeting with Howe by "club sources") and undermine him?
They Did the same with Avram Grant, (with O'Neill), I'm told they did the same with Bilic (Moyes) . I know this probably happens everywhere, but other owners will do it on the hush, instead ours get their sources to leak stories and do polls on who we would want instead.
In the case of O'Neill, he ended up walking away when he realised what was going on.

Doing this while Pellegrini is still manager is so undermining. No wonder the bloke has lost faith and looks like a lost man on the touchline. If my boss was putting polls out on who was going to replace me, I wouldn't be putting the effort in at work.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

smuts wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:16 am :thup:

All of this "It'll be okay when Fab and Antonio are back" is a load of old rot. This team is dire and that's before you get to the bench where you have a £45m striker who hasn't broken a sweat for 3 months on the pitch and a £22m 6 foot 4 CB who can't head the ball to save his life.
The warning signs were there last year. Most saves in the league was Fab and he got the player of the year. That's not a good sign.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Well the team and manager may be struggling but at least we have a world class stadium and an inspiring rebooted badge to help see us through the tough times.
hxhammer

Post by hxhammer »

Overchuffed wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:50 am Could it be that the owners go behind his back and start talking to other managers (confirmed meeting with Howe by "club sources") and undermine him?
They Did the same with Avram Grant, (with O'Neill), I'm told they did the same with Bilic (Moyes) . I know this probably happens everywhere, but other owners will do it on the hush, instead ours get their sources to leak stories and do polls on who we would want instead.
In the case of O'Neill, he ended up walking away when he realised what was going on.

Doing this while Pellegrini is still manager is so undermining. No wonder the bloke has lost faith and looks like a lost man on the touchline. If my boss was putting polls out on who was going to replace me, I wouldn't be putting the effort in at work.
Exactly, this is what i'm saying, the dogs continually undermine their mangers, its happened to everyone they've had here
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Overchuffed wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:50 am Doing this while Pellegrini is still manager is so undermining.
TBH this is one of those damned if they do damned if they don't things imo. If they sack him today and spend a month trying to find who they want and get them in then this place would be full of 'this should all have been sorted before getting rid of Pellers, these amateurs are out of their depth and destroying the club'.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Reading the last few pages there seems to be a feeling on here that we need a philosophy and a manager that matches that but how long will that last before the boos start. We keep bringing in someone to sort out the mess, then get bored of that so boo until we get a 'flair' manager, then that goes wrong so we want them out and a more pragmatism to keep us up, rinse repeat.

If we got, for example, Howe and in trying to create a philosophy he took us down and not straight back up would fans still want that? If we get Benitez how long before his pragmatic approach is not what people want 'I go to be entertained, the results don't matter'.

I said it when the Bilic out stuff was at its peak and again with Moyes, this is fast becoming an impossible job and not just because of the board.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:34 am i can understand the calls for his head, we're awful and show little signs of progress, what i can't understand is the vitriol aimed at the bloke. how many more decent managers can you put yourself at the edge of a coronary, blowing your fuse over how much they're ruining your club before you realise that any new manager we get in will be another temporary solution to a terminal problem?

call for his resignation if you want, but save whatever fight you have left for the real battle.

hes got to go end of , too many mistakes , too stubborn to change anything , although you're 100% correct with the root cause
algerianhammer

Post by algerianhammer »

The buck doesn't just stop with the manager for me, yes we all have issues with the board (which will most likely always be ongoing), I think the players also need to take a long hard look at themselves. Reading Rice's comments saying they still "love Pellegrini" makes me think the mentality just isn't there with this group of players. Pellegrini himself has said he tried to change the mentality of this team into a big club and as we all can see has failed to do just that. The way where once we concede one goal the whole team just seems to collapse, and we never look like getting back into a game is worrying. I think this is more to do with weak-minded players on the pitch that don't have the intelligence or game management to do what the manager asks of them, which has now most likely cost him his job and we are now all hoping for a more tactically astute (defensive) man in charge. I don't believe things will get better by just changing the manager, most of these players need to have a good look in the mirror and fight and concentrate for this club for 90mins :crest:
Last edited by algerianhammer on Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Stick pellers on gardening leave, and get Di-Canio on a short term deal.

Winner winner
chigwells finest

rossmundo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:09 am Stick pellers on gardening leave, and get Di-Canio on a short term deal.

Winner winner
ggms
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Overchuffed wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:46 am The Sack Race doesn't even show odds for Rafa ....

Odds at moment look like this:
Howe 3/1
Hughton 7/1
Moyes 7/1
Dyche 12/1
O'Neill 16/1
Bowyer 14/1
Wilder 16/1

This from Sky Bet , mate -

Rafael Benitez
5/4
Eddie Howe
2/1
David Moyes
5/1
Chris Hughton
6/1
Lee Bowyer
10/1
Sean Dyche
14/1
Martin O'Neill
20/1
Chris Wilder
22/1
Mauricio Pochettino
25/1
Niko Kovac
25/1

Stories in various red-tops of Niko Kovac at last night's game [ he was at Everton last week ] - probably watching Arsenal but having managed Haller could he be worth 50p e/w ? :)
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

The fact that we were appointing someone like Pellegrini in the first place just sums the farce this football club is.

As someone pointed out above why would you recruit a manager whose track records tells you that he needs to be backed heavily financially and then proceed to do the opposite rather than just appoint one in the first place who is proven to work successfully with a more moderate budget you clearly are going to provide?

I also posted previously that until proper investment is made into the clubs infrastructure to compete with other clubs of the level we aspire to then we are deluding ourselves with some of the names we are linking ourselves as I am sure many enjoy better facilities to do their day to day job at the smaller clubs where they already are.

Pellegrini like he was in China is here purely for the money and pretty much any decent manager will see that as the only reason to be in charge of a club with a ground they have no control over, below standard training facilities and football illiterate owners rather than a smaller club with proper infrastructure and football motivated owners might attract them for footballing reasons.

It is as a shame Pellegrini can't himself put us out of our misery but then why should he let the owners of the hook, to think we gave up our home for all this.
rossmundo

Post by rossmundo »

chigwells finest wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:13 am ggms
Can I have that one in English please pal.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Go-go gadget multiple-sclerosis.

He missed a G out.
chigwells finest

god give me strength ............
rossmundo

Post by rossmundo »

fjthegrey wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 am Go-go gadget multiple-sclerosis.

He missed a G out.

Gotcha. :thup:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

rossmundo

Post by rossmundo »

chigwells finest wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:22 am god give me strength ............
tfctu!

This is the future I like it.
rossmundo

Post by rossmundo »

Roy Keane and Paul Ince, do these people actually think :lol:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The full list of rather fanciful names is in the link a few posts up.