✍️ Lukasz Fabianski signs

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Re: Lukasz Fabianski signs

Post by Roby »

jacko wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:09 am So is this a recurrence of the same injury? If so, why are we rushing players back like this?
Simply because our other two keepers aren’t Premier League quality.

Really if he has been brought back too early we should’ve had one of our centre backs taking goal kicks for him until he was fully healed.

That new injury was easily avoided.
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

jacko wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:09 am So is this a recurrence of the same injury? If so, why are we rushing players back like this?
Because we never had a` suitable back up keeper and we are 2 points off relegation. Martin can come in and do a job and i dont blame him solely for that mistake. Why did Balbuena race towards him and demand the ball? What the hell was Balbuena going to do with it? We have 2 many brain dead moments which cost us games. The Keep injury on fabby is the owners fault. We have had 10 days to find a replacement for a desperate predicament and have done nothing.Fabby clearly wasn,t 100% recovered.
Last edited by Depressed Hammer on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

It's obvious why, subs are inadequate and we're desperate. Bringing in an injured Randolph now, if it wasn't before, seems an absolute idiocy to me.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we did it with Antonio. its because the alternatives are so poor !
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

We have rushed players back & suffered the consequences for years now, two bob owners
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

tbf FAbianski has been back for over 3 games before he got injured again
Keepers don't have to run much, so the chances of recurrence are quite slim. There are not many unusual movements they do. Kicking a dead ball is is a very repetitive and controlled movement and he would have kicked the ball loads of times in matches and training since he came back with no negative effect,plus done thousands of stretches on his leg muscles

If he had been rushed back when not fit it would have gone much sooner

Sometimes, injuries are just plain bad luck that you cannot really legislate for.

It isn't like rushing Antonio back who relies on pace and explosiveness with many movements you can't legislate for and so much more susceptible to reinjury

Every club in the division would get their first choice keeper back in the team ASAP. Liverpool did with Allison after his injury
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

duncanio wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:14 am It's obvious why, subs are inadequate and we're desperate. Bringing in an injured Randolph now, if it wasn't before, seems an absolute idiocy to me.
It seems to be the New West Ham way doesn't it? Bringing back personnel who were deemed not good enough a couple of years ago. :|
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 282 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

Because they are cheap, we can write off debts their clubs owe us, they are loans and we have zero imagination in the transfer market because we have no real DOF and scouting network.
reo_coker20
One line wonder
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by reo_coker20 »

Rushed him back because the 2 cheap alternatives are not good enough.

There was doubts over him so why play him in the cup, why wasn’t a outfield player taking kicks to ease the pressure on him
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Fab said himself its was an injury you dare not rush back with due to the likelihood of reoccurance.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

How long is Fab out for this time?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:25 am How long is Fab out for this time?
You would imagine same as last time, maybe even a little longer which will take us to the end of the season. I guess scans are now done but I have not seen any news about them.

When he went down it was a proper f*** me moment, proper gutted for him & us.
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... ury-update

I read this as there will no new keeper coming in. They're hoping to be dropping points freely for only some weeks
Afterall the only keeper Sullivan can name outside of the club is also injured,so-
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Great news if it’s weeks and not months :thup:
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

norse wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:09 pm I read this as there will no new keeper coming in. They're hoping to be dropping points freely for only some weeks
Afterall the only keeper Sullivan can name outside of the club is also injured,so-
This is what I said. You can bet if they did bid for Etheridge they’ll be retracting it and risk playing Martin in the next two games.

They’re playing a very very risky game with the squad and have done all season. Sold players in areas without replacing or replacing poorly. It’s half of the reason why we’re in this current mess.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

still need to be signing etheridge as a keeper who can challenge and eventually take over as our number one. what is the point of having millwalls 3rd choice keeper as our number 2 when fab is 35 this year and injury prone. buy etheridge and we have no more worries at that position !
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I have just read on the home page, Fab is expected to be out for no more than 2 weeks. Don't expect us to sign another keeper. I have said all along, I don't think we will be signing anybody in this window, although I shall be happy to be proved wrong
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm I have just read on the home page, Fab is expected to be out for no more than 2 weeks. Don't expect us to sign another keeper.
We could be bottom 3 and adrift by then. :(
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

steps wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:47 pm This is what I said. You can bet if they did bid for Etheridge they’ll be retracting it and risk playing Martin in the next two games.

They’re playing a very very risky game with the squad and have done all season. Sold players in areas without replacing or replacing poorly. It’s half of the reason why we’re in this current mess.
Absolutely. God knows what will happen when Haller gets his inevitable injury in February. No sniff of signing another central forward. Rely on Antonio to take his place up front with his own injury record? Yeah right. Sullivan you are taking us down again through your own crass stupidity.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm I have just read on the home page, Fab is expected to be out for no more than 2 weeks. Don't expect us to sign another keeper. I have said all along, I don't think we will be signing anybody in this window, although I shall be happy to be proved wrong
Think they know they need Randolph at the very least. I would suggest we loan Gordon from Celtic, or buy Forster from Southampton.