Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.
Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc
- Posts: 13151
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 5:21 pm
- Location: missing Zola and Behrami
- Posts: 22089
- Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:01 pm
- Location: I have no idea.
Probably needed as soon as we lost Lanzini. We needed someone who can use a football well.
Welcome Jack. Hope you can stay fit.
- Posts: 3376
- Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:37 am
- Location: Cork.
Happy with that, he seems to be past his injury issue.
Knowing our luck however he'll relapse
- Posts: 4528
- Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:03 pm
- Location: Essex
Very happy about the other 3 signings. Gutted about this one. Never have rated him at all. One of the most overrated players in football.
Oh well, perhaps he will prove me wrong.
Yea Why Not
- Posts: 16954
- Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 pm
- Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass
Obviously a notch above what weve got in terms of ability. A better footballer than Noble and Kouyate, no doubt about that.
Hopefully we're not paying him a fortune. Now stay fit you ****
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:31 pm
- Location: South Twyford
As long as he can stay fit, stops smoking and treats the game with respect - it should be a good signing.
Plenty to prove.
Just hope we don't have to suffer all this "he's coming home" b*llocks ... its toe curling and embarrassing.
That aside, Welcome Jack.
- Posts: 499
- Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:29 am
I've always wanted us to sign an FM Wonderkid! Pity we've got one from FM09
In all seriousness though, if it hadn't been for his injury troubles in recent years we wouldn't of had a chance of signing him. Lets hope there fully behind him as he should be in or approaching his best years. Remember watching his performance against Barca in the champions league all those years ago, ran the show as an 18 year old.
- Posts: 6813
- Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:48 am
- Posts: 16718
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am
Good luck Jack.
I wasn't keen on the thought Wilshere sighing when we were first linked, but the more I've thought about it, the more I like it.
If he can stay fit, he instantly becomes our best midfielder.
He will give his all to prove a lot of people wrong, as well.
- Posts: 2589
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:44 pm
- Location: Basildon
From a West Ham family; that's always gets a bonus point from me.
- Stranded in the smog
- Posts: 9933
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:53 pm
- Location: Middlesbrough
Welcome, Jack. Now go out there and do the business!
- Posts: 1097
- Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:07 am
I'm very happy with this. COYI
- Posts: 1123
- Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:46 pm
- Location: Legends Pool & Sports Bar, Thailand
Arsenal's best player last season by a mile. Great signing
- Posts: 3055
- Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:08 pm
Welcome Jack, I am in the middle here, didn't want him, not because of his talent for which he has bundles but because of his fitness. Please prove us wrong and become a star!
- Posts: 1794
- Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:11 pm
- Location: Living in a Pellergrini epic adventure
Welcome to West Ham Jack and good luck.
- Posts: 5622
- Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:35 pm
Great signing. If he'd had 2 seasons of consistency like last season I've no doubt he would of made England squad and we probably wouldn't be signing him.
Got a good feeling that not under the spotlight he was at Arsenal will result in a more relaxed player. It's all good.
- Posts: 758
- Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:09 am
i honestly don't know what some people see when they watch football.....
Jack Wilshere is an absolutely brilliant footballer, injury prone yes, but a tremendously gifted football player nonetheless