Andriy Yarmolenko

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

claretandblue82

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by claretandblue82 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:24 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:32 pm
He's always been a lovely player and now, he's getting a head of fitness he will glow and glow.
Lasting effects of Chernobyl!!

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Like I've said previously, he's Arnautovic without the ego and greed. The bloke has definitely got it going forward and a proper team player to boot. Love him. :thup:

Furthermore, we now have a collection of absolute monsters going forward - Yarmolenko, Antonio, Anderson with a supporting role performed by the likes of Lanzini, Fornals, Wilshere and Noble. ****ing love the amount of technical ability flowing through our ranks these days. Many Clubs should be very green with envy with a group of creative, goal scoring talent as that before we even get on to Haller.

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:01 pm

two added reasons for MotM for me the past 2 weeks... not just the goals because they were brilliant no doubt.. but the sheer effort last week to get that block in when Fab made a save AND today when he busted a gut just to keep the ball in play for us to maintain pressure on our opponents..

so more please Yarmo..and he looks like he is interested, I won't say "cares" because I honestly expect that from all of our players. they don't play for the shirt in general because they are not from our neck of the woods (not a negative that's just how it is these days) but I want a player to play with passion because that's his job, a professional footballer, and because they want to win. IF they can become attached and "get us" then that's a bonus. he seems a genuine bloke, just look at the way he ran over to the medical squad when he scored that first goal !!!!

I cite an example of someone who isn't from "here" but gets the city and what it means to have a pro team

J.J. Watt

from Wisconsin, went to school up that way, got drafted by the Texans and is an embodiment of the city. doesn't just "talk the talk."

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:59 pm

Loved his performance today, good goal, great workrate, some really good passing and got stuck in defending

MOTM for me

bubbles1966
Location: A pessimist confronted with a challenge, sees a problem; an optimist sees an opportunity.

Post by bubbles1966 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:11 pm

Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:11 pm

I'm signing him up for my fantasy team

ironilunga

Post by ironilunga » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:18 pm

Great goal but almost as excited by Haller assist! Can see why he is compared so much to Kanoute.

il_martello_di_genovesi

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:22 pm

Hopefully Marky will stop with the ‘drop Yarmolenko for all away games stuff’. An amazing performance from him both attack wise and defence wise.

WorcesterWHU

Post by WorcesterWHU » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:28 pm

Great player and seems like a top geezer to be around the place too. Worked really hard today.

He's got a touch of the Robben's about him; not in his play but in the obviousness of what he's going to do but being powerless to stop it. Cut inside, get half a yard (if that) and aim for the far corner.

S-H

Post by S-H » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Pop Robson wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:11 pm
I'm signing him up for my fantasy team
Please don't.

stu1

Post by stu1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:37 pm

Glad to see Yarmolenko doing the business again, especially away from home, vindicating my support for him the other day.

8-)

fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:20 am

I'm gonna get a shirt with his name on it.

Beedub

Post by Beedub » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:24 am

I’ve been his biggest critic............ I was wrong!

His work rate late night was outstanding especially tracking back.

He has a tad a quality that we don’t always see at West Ham.

All I got left is his very one sided....but with a left foot like his you can do what you like really

It’s a joy watching Yarmolenko

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:26 am

His performance at Villa was rubbish.

Him having a great game today does not magically change how he played at Villa.

If he has a rubbish game next week it wont magically change how he played today.

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:43 am

The last 3 games on the trot he's been dynamite. He's in great form right now and a timely reintroduction just when Antonio is out with a lengthy injury till around Christmas time.

Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We protest) Untill DIGNITY becomes custom" (Chile)

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:44 am

Sorry, I just forgot to share this (I came across it) on here before the game:

Fantasy Premier League

GW7 Differentials: Andriy Yarmolenko:

The Scout 25 Sep 2019

The Scout says West Ham winger can extend run of goals this weekend against AFC Bournemouth's defence

Andriy Yarmolenko (WHU) £5.9m

The West Ham United winger is owned by only 0.8 per cent of managers for his trip to AFC Bournemouth.

Yarmolenko has been in fine form since making his first start of the season in Gameweek 3.

The Ukrainian has scored in two of the last three matches, netting against Norwich City and Manchester United.

And the underlying statistics further highlight his attacking threat.

Yarmolenko has registered five shots on target from Gameweek 3 onwards, joint-top with Sebastien Haller (£7.4m) for the Hammers.

Indeed, only two FPL midfielders have bettered that total, Son Heung-min (£9.7m) and John McGinn (£5.6m), with seven and six respectively.

A trip to AFC Bournemouth boosts the prospects of West Ham's attackers.

The Cherries have conceded 10 goals and are among the four sides yet to keep a clean sheet.

Yarmolenko can profit from that lack of resilience and strengthen his claim as a cut-price source of goals for FPL managers.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1357702
:scarfer: :crest:

hammernsickle

Post by hammernsickle » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:15 am

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:01 pm
two added reasons for MotM for me the past 2 weeks... not just the goals because they were brilliant no doubt.. but the sheer effort last week to get that block in when Fab made a save AND today when he busted a gut just to keep the ball in play for us to maintain pressure on our opponents..

so more please Yarmo..and he looks like he is interested, I won't say "cares" because I honestly expect that from all of our players. they don't play for the shirt in general because they are not from our neck of the woods (not a negative that's just how it is these days) but I want a player to play with passion because that's his job, a professional footballer, and because they want to win. IF they can become attached and "get us" then that's a bonus. he seems a genuine bloke, just look at the way he ran over to the medical squad when he scored that first goal !!!!

I cite an example of someone who isn't from "here" but gets the city and what it means to have a pro team

J.J. Watt

from Wisconsin, went to school up that way, got drafted by the Texans and is an embodiment of the city. doesn't just "talk the talk."
Maybe my favorite post of yours! Absolutely agree with all of it.

Marky

Post by Marky » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:37 am

Hats off to him I have been critical but he was brilliant yesterday

Ozza

Post by Ozza » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:34 am

Marky wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:37 am
Hats off to him I have been critical but he was brilliant yesterday
:thup:

Jedi Al Khalaas