Andriy Yarmolenko

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Post Reply
User avatar
Faithless
Posts: 1644
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:09 pm
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by Faithless » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Welcome and settle quickly!

User avatar
Burnley Hammer
Posts: 6495
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Contact:

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by Burnley Hammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Does he have RH negative blood?

User avatar
ironstu
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: Sitting tight on the West Ham rollercoaster!

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by ironstu » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Like this signing. Got the physical attributes to be a hit in the Prem.

All I really remember of him is him scoring a screamer against Spurs at Wembley last season. Dortmund got smashed in that game but it was a great goal.

User avatar
levistubbstears
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:36 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by levistubbstears » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Welcome Andriy

With this lad, Fredericks and potentially Anderson could West Ham have.... dare I say it... pace?

:scarfer:

User avatar
Cockneyboy311
Posts: 8127
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Fascination Street

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by Cockneyboy311 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Don't know much about the geezer tbh but welkumb Andriy. Please don't be crap :)

User avatar
Smonnie
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:35 pm
Location: East Midlands

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by Smonnie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Perfect like-for-like replacement for Arnautovic.

User avatar
the celestial insect
Posts: 4941
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:06 am
Location: working on a sex farm

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by the celestial insect » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Smonnie wrote:Perfect like-for-like replacement for Arnautovic.
On paper, yes, and that is a worry. But I sincerely hope not because Arnie is settled and proven whereas Yarmolenko is untried in this league. Relying on him to fill Arnie's shoes would be a big gamble, IMO.

User avatar
StevePottsGoalsReel
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:05 am

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Cracking signing. Hopefully an additional threat to Arnie and not his replacement.

User avatar
rossmundo
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:32 am
Location: Where did it all go wrong

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by rossmundo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Why did Dortmund get rid after only 1 season?

User avatar
ageing hammer
Posts: 19379
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Cockney Hammer's stunt double

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by ageing hammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:28 pm

rossmundo wrote:Why did Dortmund get rid after only 1 season?
Never look a gift horse in the mouth :scarfer:

User avatar
Patito
Posts: 10098
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:51 pm
Location: Irons

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by Patito » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:29 pm

rossmundo wrote:Why did Dortmund get rid after only 1 season?

They've done it with quite a few of their recent signings, 4 managers in 3 years as well. He missed 12 games last year through injury and never broke into their first XI regularly enough for them.

User avatar
arlhe
Posts: 2564
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: Basildon

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by arlhe » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:32 pm

A very welkumb addition!

User avatar
rossmundo
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:32 am
Location: Where did it all go wrong

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by rossmundo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Patito wrote:

They've done it with quite a few of their recent signings, 4 managers in 3 years as well. He missed 12 games last year through injury and never broke into their first XI regularly enough for them.

Cheers :thup:

User avatar
Devils Advocate
Posts: 4916
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:11 pm
Location: A long way from the pitch
Contact:

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by Devils Advocate » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 pm

stammer wrote:Yarrma Yarma Yarma Yarma Ukrainian
Please score some goals,
Please score some go-oa-oals

absinth hammer
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by absinth hammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Welcome :D

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Algarve Hammer
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:40 pm
Location: The rural Algarve, well away from the tourists.

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by Algarve Hammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Welcome Andriy, please don't be gash.

User avatar
ageing hammer
Posts: 19379
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Cockney Hammer's stunt double

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by ageing hammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:57 pm

levistubbstears wrote:Welcome Andriy

With this lad, Fredericks and potentially Anderson could West Ham have.... dare I say it... pace?
We used to have Hales one time too :D

YorksHammer
Posts: 3799
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by YorksHammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Patito wrote:They've done it with quite a few of their recent signings, 4 managers in 3 years as well. He missed 12 games last year through injury and never broke into their first XI regularly enough for them.
I don't know about that breaking into the first team comment - he made 18 Bundesliga appearances and started 13 of them (with one sub appearance on his debut and two on his return from injury, which you might expect), started 6 out of eight Champions League games, and both of the German cup games. The only thing that actually limited him was his injury.

I think it's more likely that Dortmund just have too many good attacking players and he couldn't be guaranteed starting time by their new boss - Sancho broke through last season for them, and on top of that they have Reus, Kagawa, Gotze, Pulisic, Schurlle, Phillip, Wolf all competing for spots there, before we evenn touch on their younger players like Gomez, Larsen, and Isak.

Really like this signing - watched him a lot for Kiev after getting into he and Zozulya based on FM09, and he became a really impressive player for them as time went on, which his goal scoring record speaks to. Good business for us, I think.

User avatar
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Posts: 3618
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:54 pm
Location: Careful what you wish for

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by Tristan Shout » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Very happy with this signing, just what we needed, a winger with plenty of pace and scores plenty of goals
There must be a song out there to the tune of yankie doodle dandy??
Pelegrini went to town,
riding on a pony,
He came back with Jack wilshere
And Andriy Yarmalenko

User avatar
Patito
Posts: 10098
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:51 pm
Location: Irons

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Post by Patito » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:14 pm

YorksHammer wrote:
I don't know about that breaking into the first team comment - he made 18 Bundesliga appearances and started 13 of them (with one sub appearance on his debut and two on his return from injury, which you might expect), started 6 out of eight Champions League games, and both of the German cup games. The only thing that actually limited him was his injury.

I think it's more likely that Dortmund just have too many good attacking players and he couldn't be guaranteed starting time by their new boss - Sancho broke through last season for them, and on top of that they have Reus, Kagawa, Gotze, Pulisic, Schurlle, Phillip, Wolf all competing for spots there, before we evenn touch on their younger players like Gomez, Larsen, and Isak.

Really like this signing - watched him a lot for Kiev after getting into he and Zozulya based on FM09, and he became a really impressive player for them as time went on, which his goal scoring record speaks to. Good business for us, I think.

13 starts doesn't constitute breaking into the first team IMO but perhaps you're right and that injury was his main limitation :thup:

Certainly a talented player and a higher calibre of player than we normally sign. Luckily I don't think he is an injury-prone player and he'll be rattling them in from the wing for us next season.

35 in 77 at international level from the wing is highly impressive.

Post Reply