Felipe Anderson

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Beavis Danzig

Re: Felipe Anderson

Post by Beavis Danzig » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:32 am

sadly confidence players get eaten alive at the OS. you could see the life drain out of the bloke in real time with every coating he got for not doing cresswell's job for him well enough.

waynepin

Post by waynepin » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:57 am

really hard for Anderson, what we paid for him was not his fault looks a bit like we paid through the nose for this one, he like a lot of players from foreign leagues will take time to get used to the physical side of the premier league, teams will see that and try to bully him, he is gifted and quick has a good eye for a pass so will come good I am sure, just needs to put a shift in when its not happening, he did not look up for it at all yesterday and confidence drained as the game went on. Leicester next I am sure they will target him for roughing up, so get the general and Diop to mark him in training that will toughen him up

Tross
The bard of East London

Post by Tross » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:04 pm

He had a stinker yesterday. . .

The creativity and movement never got going - completely nullified by a packed Spurs midfield.

We looked considerably more threatening with Antonio in front of Cresswell on the left.

That says how bad Anderson was.

Tross
8-)

JCA

Post by JCA » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:12 pm

He was total gash yesterday.....are we only trying to make excuses for him because of his transfer fee......how many of those have we had over the years? He's not for me.

irving boleyn

Post by irving boleyn » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Defensively..I wondered if he hadn't found his nearest Mothercare.he bought so many dummies.

Aceface

Post by Aceface » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:21 pm

He had a mare yesterday but you'd have to be blind not to recognise his better qualities. It's going to be a case of finding the best way to utilise those abilities. The similarities with Arnautovic's situation at this time last season are uncanny.

For a change we haven't bought someone when they're pushing 30 so we have the luxury of time in incorporating him into a long-term set-up.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:02 pm

I think Anderson is suffering from having weak left back play behind him. Yesterday Creswell looked to be playing as the left sided member of a back 3 in the first half which meant Anderson was playing as a wing back. If we had a defensively score lid left back Anderson would look a lot better. He is also a confidence player and some members of the home support booing him didn’t help.

e17

Post by e17 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Is a confidence player, doesn’t like getting stick, not his fault he cost 40 million...

Efforts like yesterday remind me more of Matt Jarvis than Payet.

Against Arsenal, there were a few actually blaming Wilshere for visibly calling him out for being lazy and not doing his job. Now it’s Cresswell.

He was appaling yesterday. I don’t see any defence & don’t care about his price tag.

Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Post by Clucking Bell » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:19 pm

I think he just had a **** day at the office.

Until we buy an even more expensive player, he's going to have the same problem that Carroll's had since he's been here of being not worth the money every time he has an off day or is perceived to be less than 100% committed.

Snodz is a perfect example of how to address that. He had the job of replacing Payet and he stunk the place out. However, this season he's probably an early contender for 'Most Improved Player'. Realistically is he scoring and creating opportunities? No, he's not! What he is doing, is putting the effort in.

As Pinky put it on another thread, the minimum requirement is maximum effort and Anderson might have to go back to just doing the basics well and adding the flair once his confidence is back.

wizzo_66

Post by wizzo_66 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:31 pm

It's not the defensive side that bothers me.

It's not willing to take his man on, how slowly he plays the game, Cresswell and Snodgrass were combining to try and create openings and he just looks spaced out.

He has to improve quickly.

mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:48 pm

JCA wrote:He was total gash yesterday.....are we only trying to make excuses for him because of his transfer fee......how many of those have we had over the years? He's not for me.
How long has he been in England? Not long enough to make judgement

Any foreign signing needs 1 season to bed In before being judged . Some adapt instantly like payet but most take time to get to speed with the league

Willian was awful in his first year for Chelsea. Now he is one the top players in the league
Lamela was terrible for spurs for ages now he is a fan fave

Writing off a player before a season to adapt is short sighted

So many were writing off richarlison before the season. Waste of money. Played poor after a quick start last year , looking rather decent so far for them

I trust MPs judgement

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:01 pm

wizzo_66 wrote:It's not the defensive side that bothers me.

It's not willing to take his man on, how slowly he plays the game, Cresswell and Snodgrass were combining to try and create openings and he just looks spaced out.

He has to improve quickly.
Exactly this. I can accept his defensive limitations, but I have yet to see anything close to resembling what should be expected from an attacking sense

It is silly to say the price tag should not be used to judge him. Of course it should. He cost almost double the cost of any player we have ever bought. For that he should be doing better, a lot better IMHO

brownout

Post by brownout » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:14 pm

I don't mind if players don't track back and make tackles if they are scoring and setting up goals but yesterday he didn't offer anything.

mattyD

Post by mattyD » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:15 pm

He's been excellent the last few games before yesterday. Let's not write him off for one bad game. He had a poor game but I think he should have stayed on and been moved central instead of Snodders.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:35 pm

He wasn't excellent at Brighton, failed to beat his opponent and set play delivery was poor.

I thought his performance yesterday were simply not acceptable at this level of the game. There were some things he didn't do yesterday which had fek all to do with how long he's been in the country or what position is his best. If you've got an opposition player 10 feet away from you and you are the only WH player near him you move, you don't just stand there and do nothing.

I saw him in the first game up at Liverpool and I was actually impressed with how he was tracking back and helping out so he can do it, yesterday he choose not too. Against Tottenham FFS, the fans will not tolerate that and rightly so.

All you had to do was see the reaction of his team mates after the goal. If you were inside the stadium and didn't notice that then what were you watching because there was not hiding the reactions.

JCA

Post by JCA » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:42 pm

Mumbles87, I agree with your comments on my post to some extent, but the demands for success do not favour - rightly or wrongly - things taking their time, bedding in periods, etc......the PL is a ruthless place to be as a manager particularly in respect of tenure, and at clubs not blessed with limitless wealth to build large talented squads, a lot will be rightly expected from "headline "signings at clubs like ours as soon as they walk through the door. Hopefully we see better from him and very soon......

bobd_uk

Post by bobd_uk » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:11 pm

mumbles87 wrote:Any foreign signing needs 1 season to bed In before being judged .
I wonder what Simone Zaza, Havard Nordtveit, etc. would say to that when they look on here?!

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:47 pm

It wasn't the fans who decided to get shot of Zaza and Nordtveit, it was the club.

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:03 pm

nothing can excuse the three piss poor corners in a row he had. confidence, time to settle, cresswell...

he had a **** day. he's better than that, still has a lot to work to do, but yesterday he was just *****.

mickeymacavennie

Post by mickeymacavennie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Just been to watch Bologna v Torino, 2-2.

Who turns up for Torino? Simone Zaza.

He was dogshit. As we're most of the other 21 players on the pitch to be fair.

Ultra RossoBlu '74 Bologna Irons X