Felipe Anderson

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Patito

Re: Felipe Anderson

Post by Patito » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:03 pm

BondsOfOslo wrote: Are you kidding ?

I think he did both both ways last night.

Come on Image

hammerddh

Post by hammerddh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:19 pm

Was superb again.
Double edged sword, with every performance like that I just think it makes his exit a little closer.
A player like that with a season accustomed to the PL. Trust me he will be on a lot of radars.

And this will be the everlasting issue. We have to invest in the Team to potentially keep these players (even then there is a strong possibility he will go)

I'm not bitter about it, i'm old enough and ugly enough to realise that Anderson is here for
a) the Cash
b) as a potential stepping stone to an "elite" club

Good luck to him and i intend to enjoy every moment he has in the Claret & Blue.

As a side note was trying to work out on the way home with my son as to whether he has managed to nutmeg every full back in the league so far

psychoscoredthelot

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:25 pm

hes a joy to watch

hope we get another few years out of him but it wont be long before big clubs come sniffing

hawkins_hammer

Post by hawkins_hammer » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:30 pm

When he nutmegged Milner at the very start :lol:

BondsOfOslo

Post by BondsOfOslo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:38 pm

Are you kidding ?

Come on Image[/quote]

I mean it. If you compare to previous games he gave Cresswell a helping hand a lot times times last night.
He was like a bulldozer on jet fuel

Patito

Post by Patito » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:44 pm

BondsOfOslo wrote:
I mean it. If you compare to previous games he gave Cresswell a helping hand a lot times times last night.
He was like a bulldozer on jet fuel

You've never read this thread before have you? I've mentioned his tracking back just a few times :thup:

S-H

Post by S-H » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:53 pm

prophet:marginal
Location: Marking Us With The Sight Of What We Might Have Known

Post by prophet:marginal » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:59 pm

fjthegrey wrote:Still at number 12 in the Premier League tackles list for the season so far.

Only outright attacking player in the top 40.
He just nicks the ball, too; like he's picking a pocket.

davids cross

Post by davids cross » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Yes....

I wouldn't call them tackles exactly... :D

But he has a great knack of just nicking the ball away from opponents. He's very good at it.... :thup:

wivenhoetim

Post by wivenhoetim » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Gonna play devils advocate a little here, but hopefully just a little perspective. I think Felipe has been a revelation. The most naturally gifted player on the books. That said, and there were several instances last night where, he seems to switch off, looks a bit lazy with his passing and dare I say disinterested. I guess thats the make up of a natural genius, does more than enough in the 80 minutes he is switched on. Not a critisisim but more an observation.

Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:32 pm

wivenhoetim wrote:That said, and there were several instances last night where, he seems to switch off, looks a bit lazy with his passing and dare I say disinterested.
Cleverly lures opposition into a false sense of security. Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldo Phenomenom and many others do/did the same.

goa127

Post by goa127 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:03 pm

consistently takes the ball into apparently dangerous situations and waltzes his way out with the ball. Lightning acceleration as well. Seems to enjoy playing as well which is not the case with all footballers

S-H

Post by S-H » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:06 pm

He was still making runs late into the final stages of the game, great fitness.

The Collector

Post by The Collector » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:18 pm

S-H wrote:He was still making runs late into the final stages of the game, great fitness.
Absolutely.

bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:25 pm

wivenhoetim wrote:Gonna play devils advocate a little here, but hopefully just a little perspective. I think Felipe has been a revelation. The most naturally gifted player on the books. That said, and there were several instances last night where, he seems to switch off, looks a bit lazy with his passing and dare I say disinterested. I guess thats the make up of a natural genius, does more than enough in the 80 minutes he is switched on. Not a critisisim but more an observation.
It's a fair one.

He's a flair player and most of those can have quiet or wasteful spells within games or throughout a season.

He's on target for 16 goals/assists over the year though which is the kind of return £35m+ should deliver. He's been value for a large fee and vindicates Pellegrini's judgement, which is no bad thing.

It will be interesting to see him in tandem with more fluid compadres like Lanzini, both in linking and transition.

szola

Post by szola » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:27 pm

I like him much more than in August
:)

NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:21 pm

It was obvious he was class from day one.
We used to give 'foreign' players a year to get used to British football.
I guess it's easier for them now because there are so many and our tactics have become more 'continental' but it's clear that he's taken time to adjust and is now finding his groove. Especially impressive with all the changes and inconsistency around him in the team. He was the one player in our side on Monday who would walk into the Liverpool team.

Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:50 pm

he's west ham's record signing, our top goalscorer, has played every league game this season and hasn't even had so much of a knock.

we're lucky that he hasn't been press ganged by MI6 research and development to give them a biological blueprint for an invincible super soldier.

HammerAl

Post by HammerAl » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:11 pm

Some of his touches and dummies are top class. It's refreshing to see a player who tries to be positive and creative almost every time they get the ball. With a better left back and a fully fit Lanzini, he'll become one of the league's best.

Coops

Post by Coops » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:13 pm

I can't wait to see him team up with Lanzini.