Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham

Re: Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Post by w4hammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Kialos wrote:There are people in corporate who go home and away, like UG, so it is unfair to clump them in with the corporate who are minded to grab tickets and not even sure they will use them or just hand them out to people who fancy a boys jolly weekend in Bournemouth. You wont be seeing them at Villa away.
this.

loxfordhammer

Post by loxfordhammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Some one just commented that this has only been happening since the move,
having big trouble getting away tickets. From memory I believe this to be true.
What has changed? Is it something that the club has done? :crest:

NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:59 pm

loxfordhammer wrote:Some one just commented that this has only been happening since the move,
It’s definitely true, prior to the move we struggled to sell out games north of Birmingham...

Nowadays the West Ham London new breed are replacing the old school in big numbers...

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:12 pm

loxfordhammer wrote:Some one just commented that this has only been happening since the move,
we have gone from 26,000 ST holders to 52,000
Away tickets are capped at £30

That is the biggest reason in my opinion

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:11 pm

You only have to look at the number of times the same discussions have taken place in this thread to pick out the real problem. There are plenty of opinions, theories, disagreements, calculations and stories leading us back to the same point and the same problem.

That problem is that we just don’t know.

Whatever your opinion on who should get the tickets let’s not forget that the making of this problem lies exclusively in the hands of the club.

There is only one way to solve the problem. Inform us. Tell us who buys the tickets. Be transparent. Then informed discussion could begin. People would know where they stand and what they would need to do to be in a position to acquire tickets and they could give informed opinions on that process.

Until such time, much to the delight of GSB, hypothesising will lead us down avenues that continue to mask and shelter the true culprits.

Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:03 am

Loads of empty seats at some away games since the move, as there always was. Everton , Manchester City in the last couple of seasons, when not 3pm Saturday, there has been lots of vacant seats.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:05 am

I actually prefer the harder to make away days. The ones we don’t sell out and are a ballsache to get to.

Remarkable that the more money you have the more you can queue jump. I know that’s true in life, but hoped that some vestige of our ‘family’ small other world existed.

As discussed before, we have moral choices to make, our own coda.

bristolhammerfc

Post by bristolhammerfc » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 am

upton girlie wrote:
Was there any need for that?
I was only emphasising the ongoing ‘blame the corporate’ attitude that seems to be going on. Surely if you were doing your moderating job to the finest degree you would’ve said something yourself. I’m purely sticking up for myself and don’t see why it should be criticised. .
Your post was stating that posters were blaming you personally for the allocation of tickets hence you writing, "Is it my fault......". You didn't write, "Is it Corporate customers fault.....". I was pointing out that despite your accusations, no one was blaming you as an individual. They were criticising the clubs policy, which is fair game.

You then went on to imply that posters shouldn't criticise the club policy. As a moderator, the flow of the conversation was fair and polite. Your post attempted to stifle that flow. As a moderator, it is at that point that an individual poster has decided that a personal slight has taken place and tried to dictate the tone of the thread.

I was correct in stating that "No one was blaming you." So your accusation was baseless and I pointed that out. I also stated that we didn't need help moderating this thread. The flow was good, the conversation polite and the points valid. I didn't need to "say something" to others who were acting correctly.

upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."

Post by upton girlie » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:08 pm

bristolhammerfc wrote: Your post was stating that posters were blaming you personally for the allocation of tickets hence you writing, "Is it my fault......". You didn't write, "Is it Corporate customers fault.....". I was pointing out that despite your accusations, no one was blaming you as an individual. They were criticising the clubs policy, which is fair game.
Incredibly pedantic response in my opinion.
I stated that I had noticed that there was a general negative attitude to corporate members and from that, as I was a member, I would take that on board as a personal negative remark (albeit directed as corporate members in general).
I’m not going to go through all the posts that have unfavourable comments about corporate members in general. I obviously need to desensitise myself around this negativity, something I have plenty of experience of due to being ginger and a WHU fan.
bristolhammerfc wrote:You then went on to imply that posters shouldn't criticise the club policy. As a moderator, the flow of the conversation was fair and polite. Your post attempted to stifle that flow. As a moderator, it is at that point that an individual poster has decided that a personal slight has taken place and tried to dictate the tone of the thread.
If my post attempted to stifle that flow then why are other members in agreement with me?
I made no accusation about criticising the club policies. I am in agreement with many as to the club being more transparent with allocations.
As a moderator surely your job is to also respect other people’s views whether you agree or not.
bristolhammerfc wrote:I was correct in stating that "No one was blaming you." So your accusation was baseless and I pointed that out. I also stated that we didn't need help moderating this thread. The flow was good, the conversation polite and the points valid. I didn't need to "say something" to others who were acting correctly.
Your comment, ‘we are not currently recruiting for moderators and are capable of moderating without assistance thanks’ was, in my opinion, completely over the top and somewhat pathetic. Hence my comment, ‘was there any need for that’.
I’ve been a member of this forum before you ventured in and have had, on the whole, a good rapport with both the moderators and many members of this forum. I’m sure many of your fellow moderators, who know me in the real world, would know that in no way was I being disrespectful of your moderating ‘skills’ but just sticking up for myself. Something I am perfectly correct in doing so without another person trying to be so patronising.

farmerham

Post by farmerham » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Seems the corps aren’t as interested in Oxford as they were Bournemouth

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Just got tickets for Oxford

Well happy

Happyhammer52

Post by Happyhammer52 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:05 am
I actually prefer the harder to make away days. The ones we don’t sell out and are a ballsache to get to.
Before the move when I used to go, like you, much preferred these types of games.

Some of the best ones I did were the midweek games Up North, with a small away following. Can remember Everton in the FA Cup on a Monday night, think there was only around 500 of us, but it was a cracking evening (bar Lukaku doing his usual).

It's a shame to read that so many now find it difficult to get to away games. Must admit, previously when there was a photo of our away end, you could always name a good few people, or recognise them at least. Now I look, and have no clue who half of them are.

As others have mentioned, it would be good if the club came out and said where the tickets were going, but can't see that happening anytime soon.

rottiel

Post by rottiel » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:48 pm

Phil S wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:22 pm
Just got tickets for Oxford

Well happy
Nice one mate

brooking_1980

Post by brooking_1980 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:51 am

I've been in touch with Premier League & Postboy Jake at West Ham. I'm trying to get answers to where are the Tickets going, but no real progress. Jake told me to write to the OSB, so I did and I got no reply from them at all. I've got some compelling arguments and proof that something is going on and I feel it needs to be responded to - the implications for West Ham and the Premier League, I believe are profound if its verified that's somethings going on, so I'm a bit surprised neither Premier League or West Ham have jumped to attention.

I don't know what to do now, I would like to handover the file to someone who can take it up to the next level, or be told what to do ? Any suggestions ?

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:11 am

brooking_1980 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:51 am
I've been in touch with Premier League & Postboy Jake at West Ham. I'm trying to get answers to where are the Tickets going, but no real progress. Jake told me to write to the OSB, so I did and I got no reply from them at all. I've got some compelling arguments and proof that something is going on and I feel it needs to be responded to - the implications for West Ham and the Premier League, I believe are profound if its verified that's somethings going on, so I'm a bit surprised neither Premier League or West Ham have jumped to attention.

I don't know what to do now, I would like to handover the file to someone who can take it up to the next level, or be told what to do ? Any suggestions ?
Pass it on to Hammers United - they have a legal guy in the background
pm me mate

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:05 am

farmerham wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:22 pm
Seems the corps aren’t as interested in Oxford as they were Bournemouth
Still not sold out
Down to 24 points?

mushy

Post by mushy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:09 am

Got in on 24 points this morning, still selling.
Will be selling on 23 after midday for anyone interested.

mushy

Post by mushy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:13 am

brooking_1980 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:51 am

Nobody at the club(including the OSB) will give you any answer to where the tickets are going, thats for sure.
You make it sound like something illegal is going on, is that what you mean?

brownout

Post by brownout » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am

Have people received their Villa tickets yet?
Ours haven't come.

rottiel

Post by rottiel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:26 pm

brownout wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am
Have people received their Villa tickets yet?
Ours haven't come.
I havent