Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Row X

Re: Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Post by Row X » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:55 pm

All this finger pointing is doing no-one any good, apart from the board.

All we need to know is who is buying what tickets.

If the club were to give you a breakdown of where the tickets went, the finger pointing stops.

The board have an issue with the away support for 2 reasons:

1: They are the most loyal and vocal supportters we have and have been following the club for years, before the current board turned up. They will let you know what they think of you no matter what and cannot be 'brought'.

2: They do not earn money from away tickets apart from the stupid booking fees they are charging.

The board wants to sanitise the whole club, they want a club like Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd or Man City where tourist's turn up once a season and spend shed loads on tat that is sold in the club shop.

The travelling fans will be the first to get on their back... see Watford a couple of years ago, that started the whole debacle that was the failed march and the Burnley fiasco.

People want to go to away games, I understand why, they are great days out with your mates etc...

We now have double the number of season ticket holders who can qualiify for away games and the £30 cap is driving up demand as well. We have a system that fairly distributes the away tickets which is based on loyalty... with people asking for this system to be scrapped, you are playing straight into the board's hands, whereby the only loyalty they know is a pound note.

Be careful what you wish for people.

mushy

Post by mushy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:11 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:20 am

Meanwhile David Baker tries blaming WHUISA for spreading self serving information.
Only at West Ham could the so called elected chairman of our fans group (stop laughing at the back), turn against the very people he is meant to represent.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:47 pm

What price on loyalty? (Staff Writer #4)
https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=43651

Marky

Post by Marky » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:51 pm

The club made it very clear in their brochure that if you bought an expensive VIP ticket that a benefit was favoured chance of away tickets.
They advertised this! You cannot blame/hate folk for taking them up on this. The issue should only be with the club policy I think.

I don’t think the word corporate is correct as most people in Boelyn are just normal supporters who pay more as they want a decent view of pitch

taffhammer

Post by taffhammer » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:54 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:10 pm
Taff, I think we need to be a little careful before labelling supporters.

We have loads of very "real" supporters who buy corporate packages, sit in lounges and attend awards ceremonies at huge cost to themselves.
Just to clarify, a real 'away' supporter is someone who puts in the miles wether you sit in the posh seats, corprate or behind a goal and are in the right place in line for a ticket. I've had a season ticket for years would love to go away more but only got a chance for away tickets once last year as have only 7 points. That said if anyone has the points because they have done the travel supporting the club they deserve to go ahead of me, thats fair. Whats not is giving out away tickets with a package ahead of someone in the queue, and i'm sure theres loads more on points higher than me missing out. Giving a corprate package with away tickets is a two fingers up to loyal fans.

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:47 pm
What price on loyalty? (Staff Writer #4)
https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=43651
I don't know who wrote that but cap duly doffed
Bravo

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:17 pm

There is nothing to stop West Ham fans in the posh seats getting their tickets like Pink Palermo does, if they wanted to go to away games they could have easily got an away ST up until very recently.

Moving forward, the club should allow Club London seat holders to be able to apply for the AST waiting list and tickets under the PP system including the ballot. Those who have bought tickets for away games, should be allocated retrospective PP points for the previous and current season so they are not starting at the bottom again.

That takes away the illogical reason for those in corporate home seats having their own allocation of away tickets and makes it fairer.

If the club actually offered value for money in corporate they wouldn't have the need to make such incentives, but they can't be arsed to address the core issue of charging top dollar for a bottom dollar offering.

steps

Post by steps » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:25 pm

:o

Marky

Post by Marky » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:26 pm

Kialos wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:17 pm

If the club actually offered value for money in corporate they wouldn't have the need to make such incentives, but they can't be arsed to address the core issue of charging top dollar for a bottom dollar offering.
This. I (note not a corporate) had 2 seats for 3 years at the Forge up until this season and I genuinely felt robbed. The amount I paid for what I got back from the club was unforgivable. Not one ****er from the club asked for any feedback after I spent £18,0000 with them.

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:49 pm

taffhammer wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:54 pm
Just to clarify, a real 'away' supporter is someone who puts in the miles wether you sit in the posh seats, corprate or behind a goal and are in the right place in line for a ticket. I've had a season ticket for years would love to go away more but only got a chance for away tickets once last year as have only 7 points. That said if anyone has the points because they have done the travel supporting the club they deserve to go ahead of me, thats fair. Whats not is giving out away tickets with a package ahead of someone in the queue, and i'm sure theres loads more on points higher than me missing out. Giving a corprate package with away tickets is a two fingers up to loyal fans.
Taff, we're on the same page. :thup:

Kialos wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Marky wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:26 pm
This. I (note not a corporate) had 2 seats for 3 years at the Forge up until this season and I genuinely felt robbed. The amount I paid for what I got back from the club was unforgivable. Not one ****er from the club asked for any feedback after I spent £18,0000 with them.
And I agree with all of these two posts as well.

The club are conflating issues - they're creating a second problem in trying to address the first problem.

The reason of course is our Vice Chair negotiated a terrible deal when we moved home.

I think I may have mentioned before the move that the fans were going to get shafted - I'll check back. :D

Let's also not forget those supporters who for years paid top dollar for a halfway line seat at the Boleyn ground believing that one day they would turn it in to a concession seat when they became a pensioner. Now of course, no such concession seats exist in prime spots.It's why I now have to pay considerably more than I ever did, and will have to do so until the day i drop.

Worringly, it's the lack of humility from the club, the lack of any acknowledgement of their very real part in upsetting and continuing to upset supporters that causes the distrust between supporter and the clubs Board to be what it is.

They've created the environment from which they are struggling to escape.I can't help but feel if they partook in some form of meanigful engagement with properly elected fans groups or representatives much of this could be nipped in the bud before we engage in another spat.

At what point will the clubs Board realise we are supposed to be on the same side ?

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:52 pm

Jake Heath,
Supporters Services Manager,
West Ham United FC.,
London Stadium,
London E20 2ST.

October 1st 2019.

Dear Jake,

We write on behalf of our members who have raised great concern following reports that away ticket distribution is being reviewed by the club.

We understand that there is an OSB sub-committee meeting being held tomorrow to discuss this with a number of fans and groups invited.

For the record, no such invitation from the club was extended to Hammers United, the largest FSF affiliated supporters group.

As such, we urgently request that the meeting is postponed with a new date set in the next two weeks. We are of the view that the regularly attending away fans should be properly and fully consulted before any discussion of such matters.

Your urgent attention in this matter and immediate response is requested in this matter.

Thank You.

Lee Rogers.Joint Secretary.
Hammers United.

CC.Sean Whetstone.

brooking_1980

Post by brooking_1980 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:15 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:49 pm
Worringly, it's the lack of humility from the club, the lack of any acknowledgement of their very real part in upsetting and continuing to upset supporters that causes the distrust between supporter and the clubs Board to be what it is.

At what point will the clubs Board realise we are supposed to be on the same side ?
The Board are on a different side to the "Customers". The Board just want to sanitise West Ham, get the Corporates in, do whatever it takes, get those revenues up and make it fit for sale. As soon as the Penalty Sale Period is over (22 March 2023), they got a brand new shiny football club, with Freehold Owned Stadium or the potential to acquire it, so they can get Top Dollar and swan off into the sunset................

The Board has no interest in the fans whatsoever. I'm surprised they've not run a few over in their Rolls-Royce. Never say never.

Estuary

Post by Estuary » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:51 am

Marky wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:51 pm
The club made it very clear in their brochure that if you bought an expensive VIP ticket that a benefit was favoured chance of away tickets.
They advertised this! You cannot blame/hate folk for taking them up on this. The issue should only be with the club policy I think.

I don’t think the word corporate is correct as most people in Boelyn are just normal supporters who pay more as they want a decent view of pitch
This is true of most of the lounges, West Ham’s “corporate” is predominantly life long supporters who have made a quid or two, there are very few national corporations, let along global in comparison to people like myself and my pals who have attended since the 1960’s in some cases. As what is called a VIP member we are not guaranteed away tickets, there is an allocation after bond holders and away ST’s which can be very few.

BSB1

Post by BSB1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:13 am

the pink palermo wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:49 pm

Let's also not forget those supporters who for years paid top dollar for a halfway line seat at the Boleyn ground believing that one day they would turn it in to a concession seat when they became a pensioner. Now of course, no such concession seats exist in prime spots.It's why I now have to pay considerably more than I ever did, and will have to do so until the day i drop.

No you don't. You could move seats.

Your problem is that you will take umbrage at virtually everything the club does but you will still hand over your money. You did it when we moved and you've continued to do so since. Irrespective of the wrong things the club does, all the choices are yours, the club don't put a gun to your head each season.

So, while you make many valid points about the clubs actions, you're way off the mark making statements effectively saying you're forced into paying for the choices you make.

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:33 pm

@BSB1

Actually, and factually you're wrong.

Try trading down from a premium seat to a lower priced one........you get told you're at the back of the queue, and may not be accomodated if all other seats are sold.

I know people who buy the evn more expensive seats than I do who were told that in no uncertain terms last summer.

But yes, I do take issue with an awful lot of the decisions and actions taken by the club in recent years, and with good reason, or would you suggest all is sweetness and light ?

You may be happy with everything the club does ....the attempt to rip off supporters with regards the 5 year loyalty scheme, the ramping up of prices for disabled, the clear attempts at now trying to reamp up prices on kids tickets, the lack of support for the away supporters, the snidey attempts to change the away scheme, the way the migration was handled......you may be happy with all of that,and that's your perogative, but I'm not, and I comment both on here and directly to the club, that's my perogative.

If they didn't want my money they could always refuse it.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Unsure if Mr Coker is able to attend tonight's gathering (as he has previously said he has work commitments that might prevent his attendance) but he has previously indicated he was invited to attend. This is his view:

BSB1

Post by BSB1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:18 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:33 pm
@BSB1

Actually, and factually you're wrong.

Try trading down from a premium seat to a lower priced one I did when I moved from UP........you get told you're at the back of the queue, and may not be accomodated if all other seats are sold.
That's fundamentally wrong, no disagreement from me but then, since when have you believed there was a queue?

The point remains, if you're so peeved off about it, do something about it rather than open your wallet while continuously grumbling about it. Many hundreds have voted with their feet and their wallets

I know people who buy the evn more expensive seats than I do who were told that in no uncertain terms last summer.

But yes, I do take issue with an awful lot of the decisions and actions taken by the club in recent years, and with good reason, or would you suggest all is sweetness and light ? I've agreed with your raising of certain issues

You may be happy with everything the club does ....the attempt to rip off supporters with regards the 5 year loyalty scheme, the ramping up of prices for disabled, the clear attempts at now trying to reamp up prices on kids tickets, the lack of support for the away supporters, the snidey attempts to change the away scheme, the way the migration was handled......you may be happy with all of that,and that's your perogative, but I'm not, and I comment both on here and directly to the club, that's my perogative.

Well, if you're going to be "factual" then perhaps you need to know exactly how I feel rather than guessing how I feel. :wink: The fact of the matter is, there's many things that piss me off as much as they do you and everyone else but there are also things I am happy with. That's all down to the personal situations that we all have. I'm annoyed I can't get an away ticket for the 8-9 games I could manage to get to but I don't complain about the reasons why I can't, nor begrudge those that put the miles in and do. I'm happy with the level of kids season ticket prices (even with the increase but understand that the system has been abused.
Whatever the situation, it's my choice what I chose to accept from the club and if I don't like something that much, I won't accept it and I won't give them a penny for it.

If they didn't want my money they could always refuse it.
No offense but that's a poor argument and you know it. It's your money and your choice, the same as any other financial purchase considerations you make in life.
Your preogative and ability to comment on the club isn't being questioned, it's more the principle of the fact that you argue so strongly yet are so willing to wear it, and that I doubt you would do the same in any other financial/business/personal situation outside of West Ham. Maybe you're fearful about losing out in some way. We all know that for many of us West Ham is an addiction but perhaps you have to find the courage to take a step to ease your situation and stress levels because surely it can't be enjoyable for you to hand over your money yet walk in that ground hating nearly everything about West Ham off the pitch?

EastHam56

Post by EastHam56 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:38 pm

With regard to the Dan Coker thing ( sorry I don't do twitter ) . If they do away with AST surely they will have maximum points ahead of the rest of us high PP people , then how will that give people with lower points a chance to get tickets , that does not seem to have been clearly thought out . You will have exactly the same scenario as now , just leave things as they are .

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:40 pm

There's the rub though BSB1, my love for West Ham on the pitch trumps everything else, like, I suspect, the overwhelming majority of our supporters.

One small point though, when the club does something well, or kindly, or good, I do comment on that as well. See my comments on the womens team on Sunday for example. :thup:

Estuary

Post by Estuary » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Whetstone at the Wheel? What could possibly go wrong!!

And if they want to look at changes why don't they just ask the away supporters? Surely you are golden if you sample poll as a consultation and then act on the findings?