Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Phil S

Re: Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Post by Phil S » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:34 pm

sanchoz wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:14 pm
True. Just reading the chair of the clubs construct on twitter patronising people who are asking polite questions of his position, one of them an away season ticket holder. Put downs followed by "West Ham Family"
He does that a lot
Patronises then wishes a nice weekend, crossed Hammers, let's work together, West Ham family, blah blah.

If you're at Everton David, I'd love a chat

Sick of this Osb bollox, work for the fans or **** off

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Below is the letter Emailed from Hammers United to West Ham earlier today.

Jake Heath,
Supporters Services Manager,
West Ham United,
London Stadium,
London E202ST.

October 18th 2019.

Banning of Away Ticket Holders

We write on behalf of our members to seek clarity on the recent bans administered by the club to several away season ticket holders.

The selling on of tickets has always gone on.Surely the club must realise that there are occasions when supporters go to weddings,go on holiday,suffer family bereavements.What if someone falls ill on the night before the match?-Of course on these occasions the tickets are passed on to friends or family.What would the club have these supporters do-throw the tickets away leaving an empty seat which could have been taken up by another West Ham supporter?

Without a facility in place to return tickets for resale, we would like to understand what the club suggests that those of its loyal and well-travelled away support, who may legitimately for any number of reasons find themselves unable to attend an away game do?
Given the much discussed failings of the current away ticketing system and the recent forum meeting held (which you will recall Hammers United requested be deferred to accommodate our attendance which was refused) we again request that the club meet members of our elected committee who represent the views of over five thousand West Ham supporters.

The failings of the current system are many, and yet it appears that any abuse of the system for purposes of profiteering remain unaddressed, with an abstention of any action regarding corporate and club staff tickets, with no visibility into any investigation taken by the club in that regard.

We again draw your attention to the clubs continued refusal to meet with us to discuss this and several other pressing matters that have been raised to you by Hammers United on behalf of its members (who lest we forget are also your fans) and urge you to change your position and meet with us at your earliest convenience.

Yours Sincerely.
Lee Rogers.
Joint Secretary, Hammers United.

ornchurch ammer

Post by ornchurch ammer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:19 pm

steps wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:28 pm
Will the club be banning people who buy home cup tickets (if we ever get a home cup game this season) and not turn up to sit in their seats? I.e bagging the double points.

It’s all getting ridiculous now, cause let’s face it, the only reason they’re offering double points is an incentive for people to buy the tickets.

Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
Absolutely spot on.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Don't know if anyone caught it but I've just been talking to James Gooderson on LBC about the away ticket situation.

FWIW West Ham were asked to comment, but refrained from doing so.

Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:08 pm

How do other clubs cope ?

Or is it the new 26,000 STH feeling hard done by ?

Can't see a reason to change it, the system has worked for years.

The £30 a game probably has more to do with it than anything, see the prices abck up to £40-60 and the AST numbers will drop off as no longer throw away prices. Or a relegation that'll see them off !!

The club must love all the emails and social media stuff etc etc

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Phil S wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:34 pm
He does that a lot
Patronises then wishes a nice weekend, crossed Hammers, let's work together, West Ham family, blah blah.

If you're at Everton David, I'd love a chat

Sick of this Osb bollox, work for the fans or **** off

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:33 pm

And there are people at the club who think this David Baker fellow is the right person to represent the supporters of West Ham United ?

For the club to believe he is ever going to be accepted by suppoters as a legitimate voice shows just how disconnected the clubs high command remain from the supporters.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:03 pm

I've said this previously but I think his responses smack of someone under a lot of stress and pressure.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Can David not see that the club use the OSB.as their excuse not to talk to the democratically elected fans groups.His committee have not earned the respect of the fanbase,will never win the respect of the fanbase and should resign immediately.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:38 pm

**** it.
Last edited by Doc H Ball on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hitchin Hammer

Post by Hitchin Hammer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:43 pm

Probably covered before but this seems to be a few fans who have been going for a few years thinking they are entitled to go to a few so called glamour fixtures and when they cant making a lot of noise to the club. Pathetic. There are lots of gigs and sporting events for example that I cant get tickets for but just accept others are more committed / entitled than me and move on. The current system (excluding the stupid ballot) has worked for year but the club always seem to listen to the few and not the many.

Where were these few when we played Kidderminster, 400 of us at Blackburn during ground developments, Anglo Italian cup games, Bristol rovers away when they played at Bath, Newcastle when Dicksie elbowed Carr, gutted on the pitch when we thought we had won the Div 1 title only for Oldham to get a last minute winner, Oldham with the coin operated scoreboard, Grimsby FA cup, numerous early / late / mid-week kick off's moved for TV, games at UP with crowds sub 15k, sat in away ends when couldn't get a ticket etc etc and many more since. Where were you then eh?

These mugs still wont get tickets going forwards as a few extra points still wont get them to 90% of games and certainly not the ones they want.
All they will do is piss of the many and deny a lot of fans who are able to get tickets only because this secondary market exists. These mugs could use this option themselves but assume they wont coz they want a point to attend when a few extra points will get them nowhere. Except it, many do, its virtually a closed shop and they must wait your turn. A relegation and rise in tickets is probably their only hope.

Not got a problem with anyone selling a few aways (or homes) over the course of a season at face value. However Tour operators, ticket sites and people selling over face value deserve to be grassed up and dealt with by the club, not the ones who have managed to get themselves in prime position due to decades of support / suffering.

Moving on - how can the club identify individuals on twitter if the user account is not name specific e.g. WHU SPARE TIX 1895 etc? I suspect they cant, without help from twitter, but am no tech wizard. If they cant just set up an account with no link to your name surely?

See you all at Everton :scarfer:

danm79

Post by danm79 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:56 pm

Hitchin Hammer wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:43 pm

Moving on - how can the club identify individuals on twitter if the user account is not name specific e.g. WHU SPARE TIX 1895 etc? I suspect they cant, without help from twitter, but am no tech wizard. If they cant just set up an account with no link to your name surely?

See you all at Everton :scarfer:
You can be found on twitter by email so fairly easy for the club to match up or act as a buyer and ask for row seat number, wouldn’t need Twitter Involved.

What is interesting when researching, is how common bans are for selling tickets and much longer bans than 6 matches upto 3 years

e17

Post by e17 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:19 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:33 pm
And there are people at the club who think this David Baker fellow is the right person to represent the supporters of West Ham United ?

For the club to believe he is ever going to be accepted by suppoters as a legitimate voice shows just how disconnected the clubs high command remain from the supporters.
I’d trust Danny Baker more

whuisa_bonds_H

Post by whuisa_bonds_H » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:02 am

WHUISA's e-mail to the club sent yesterday morning - we need to keep up the pressure.

Good Morning,

We have been contacted by a number of our members and others (selection of comments provided below) and have seen the reaction online regarding the clubs decision to issue ban's to people for the next six matches (3 home, 3 away), starting with Everton FC tomorrow on 19th October.

We feel that WHUFC are taking a sledgehammer to crack a walnut over this particular issue, which is clearly and directly linked to the overall issue of away tickets and their allocation.

A blanket ban on anyone who was advertising the sale of a ticket we feel is a draconian measure. People may have any number of genuine reasons as to why they are no longer able to attend a football match. Those who abuse the system to "hoard" points are the ones who should be targeted, investigated and provided with clear and unequivocal evidence as to why they would be banned. This should not apply to everyone so we ask as a matter of urgency that you reconsider and withdraw the 6 match bans you have handed out in the last 48 hours so this issue can be properly addressed and discussed in a measured way with independent supporter associations like ourselves.

Co-Chair of West Ham United, David Gold, is known for using his Twitter feed to retweet people looking for tickets or wanting to sell tickets for both home and away matches. Indeed, he has retweeted requests for the Everton match and those who are looking to sell. Under the measures undertaken by yourselves on this matter, wouldn't you also consider Mr Gold as part of the issue and consider he too should receive a ban? Of course Mr Gold is not directly selling a ticket but his tweeting on this subject gives an impression that he and by extension the football club are in total approval of fans trying to sell tickets onto other fans.

You cannot have your cake and eat it if on the one hand you issue bans and on the other, an owner and co-chair of the football club is actively supporting the idea you can sell your ticket for an away match.

We ask you to withdraw these bans and to engage with us as an independent supporters association on this, and other issues that arise from time to time or are ongoing. The current situation the club finds itself in with regards to fan consultation is unsustainable and has lead to a lot of rancor, division and mistrust of the football club and those it chooses to engage with. This is not just the view of WHUISA but of the wider fanbase from what we can see online and from having conversations face to face with West Ham United fans. The frustration felt in large on this and many other issues is palpable and the current method being utilised by the football club to try and address genuine fan concerns is not working.

I look forward to receiving a prompt response that directly addresses the issues raised in this email.

Regards,

Sue Watson, Chair of West Ham United Independent Supporters’ Association

Sample of comments provided by members and others to WHUISA:

"Unbelievable! I got a phone call from the ticket office telling me I am banned for tweeting I have a spare ticket for Everton. I was still going to go."

"Total joke. Club can't help but shoot itself in the foot time after time"

"There has to be a way of selling tickets on an exchange at face value if you or others are unable to attend an away match"

"Why now?"

"Legitimate concerns are raised by this decision. The fanbase is not happy at all"

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:42 am

Just like to confirm ive arrived in Liverpool, parked on walton hall road.....off to buy a local papee so i can take a proof of attendence selfie.
It used to be so muxh simpler, it actually used to be enjoyable.

One season in the championship would sort this **** out

Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:00 am

the pink palermo wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:42 am
Just like to confirm ive arrived in Liverpool, parked on walton hall road.....off to buy a local papee so i can take a proof of attendence selfie.
It used to be so muxh simpler, it actually used to be enjoyable.

One season in the championship would sort this **** out
Selfie inside and outside the ground and also you need to walk passed Gonzo doing his Hammers Chat vlog after the game and get in shot, which you were in at Bournemouth :thup:

rigoberts song

Post by rigoberts song » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:21 am

I've been lucky enough to benefit from AST holder's
You know who you are .lots of games over the last few years where they have shown kindness and got me into small allocation games..
As a genuine fan albeit only a lowly member I'm very grateful !

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:40 pm

If there are more games like today we'll all be begging to be banned.

cambridge hammer

Post by cambridge hammer » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:42 pm

So just to clarify matters,as an AST I shall receive my ticket for Sheffield United in the Full knowledge I cannot attend thanks to work commitments and Sky's intrusion. I cannot give my ticket back to West Ham, I can not (legally) transfer it to somebody else and I certainly cannot sell it. What are my options? I know what I'm going to do but what is my legal obligation? Coincidently I was in a city centre pub in liverpool yesterday where people were seeking Burnley tickets. One bloke said he could get as many as required. I was hoping he was just giving it the Bertie Big Boll*x but I suspect he wasn't.

mushy

Post by mushy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:42 pm

danm79 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:56 pm
You can be found on twitter by email so fairly easy for the club to match up or act as a buyer and ask for row seat number, wouldn’t need Twitter Involved.

What is interesting when researching, is how common bans are for selling tickets and much longer bans than 6 matches upto 3 years
Surely your Twitter email address isn't visible to other Twitter users, or is it?