Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Re: Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Post by hadleighhammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:37 am

browney83 wrote:To add salt to the wound....my mate who is in the corporates x2 and band 1 x5 has 7 seats for Oxford and Bournemouth confirmed. He probably wont even use them. Been happening for 2 years now. Glad people are starting to cotton on!! The club call ALL of these members before the tickets are allocated and offer them seats. It is a total disgrace.
Has he paid for them? Seems mad to pay for them if not intending to go?

mushy

Post by mushy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:47 am

Maybe he sells them on or gives them to mates?
You are right though, seems an odd thing to do.

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:49 am

^ if he's got 7 tickets on the firm at £30 each, £210 is a bit of a throwaway isn't it?

browney83

Post by browney83 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:07 pm

Unfortunately you are dealing with someone who doesnt worry about wasting 4/5 of these. They get circulated amongst friends and family if not used. A quick look around the away end shows the usual crowd are being replaced.

ornchurch ammer

Post by ornchurch ammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:09 pm

browney83 wrote:To add salt to the wound....my mate who is in the corporates x2 and band 1 x5 has 7 seats for Oxford and Bournemouth confirmed. He probably wont even use them. Been happening for 2 years now. Glad people are starting to cotton on!! The club call ALL of these members before the tickets are allocated and offer them seats. It is a total disgrace.

Maybe it is the Corporate way of protecting their allocation which people seem so keen to accuse ASTs and PP holders of doing?

Andytheammer

Post by Andytheammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:41 pm

About time! People are beginning to see what’s happening!
Maybe now us ast holders will be exonerated!
One corporate holder gets 7 tickets for games with limited availability
Do the maths!
I do feel that they’ve been trying to dilute the crowd since the protesting?

Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:17 pm

Andytheammer wrote: I do feel that they’ve been trying to dilute the crowd since the protesting?
I must admit I was unsure this was the case until recently. Compare the away ends at Newport last week and the similar sized away following at Bristol City away in the FA Cup back in 2015... Very different crowds. There are of course still many of the regular faces going but there were also an awful lot of "irregular" faces.

danm79

Post by danm79 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Knighter10WHU wrote:
I must admit I was unsure this was the case until recently. Compare the away ends at Newport last week and the similar sized away following at Bristol City away in the FA Cup back in 2015... Very different crowds. There are of course still many of the regular faces going but there were also an awful lot of "irregular" faces.[/quote]

Think it has been very notable this season just the way people are acting - people walking around concourses half lost, taking loads of pics, moaning about standing etc.

Its also killing the atmosphere, at Newport the half of the stand behind the had goal zero singing, people disappearing for 30/40 minutes of game.

I guess if you were WHUFC and wanted to make sure you keep out of the headlines for the wrong reasons across the country, if you make the crowd one you can 'trust' high PP and AST and corporates it has to reduce the chance of trouble (Maybe they could be thinking of using the 'look how well behaved our fans are' to help increase capacity at the LS).

Also helps keep the corps happy and we all know how important ££s are the GSB.

upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."

Post by upton girlie » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:05 pm

I’m seeing a general negative attitude to Club London members and their accessibility to away tickets.
I am in Club London and I can apply for away tickets but I am not guaranteed them. That all depends on supply and demand.
Is it my fault that the our club have decided to allocate Club London members a small percentage of tickets? No; so let’s reduce the amount of digs please.
Cheers.

HarlowEssexHammer

Post by HarlowEssexHammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:30 pm

upton girlie wrote:I am in Club London and I can apply for away tickets but I am not guaranteed them. That all depends on supply and demand.
Hi UG,

You mentioned that your application depends on supply and demand, so at what stage of an away game ticket sales is your application considered? E.G. are you given a date/time to log-in like bondholders and PP holders?

My main issue with it all is the complete lack of transparency from the club as to how many tickets are being put aside for this and at what point of the sales ahead of us, if at all.

You're right it isn't your fault personally that the club have taken this approach, but at no point was anybody made aware that this would be happening, nor is any corporate time-slot ever listed for each game, meaning we now have no idea if we're likely to get tickets anymore.

For example I've missed out on both Watford and Bournemouth already this season, two fixtures we hadn't struggled with previously despite maintaining roughly the same number of points each season. That's without the two cup games we've been drawn with small allocations, which admittedly would've been tight even before (got Cheltenham 2017 as an indicator), but now nigh-on impossible on PPs with an unknown number of extra ones being offered to corporate.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Before the move, there was no need for an AST, originally there was no booking fee for PP applications yet there was for AST and ASTH were given the most expensive seats so other than the convenience of not having to put your application into the ticket office next time you were at Upton Park there was no particular need to have one.

I got a ticket at the Withdene on PP and that's the smallest allocation we've had for some time. If you had max or close to max PP you could get a ticket for any game. I did 100% home and away attendance that season so plenty of PP holders were going to just as many games as AST holders.

When the club were flogging corporate tickets in the new stadium the marketing blurb said they would be get priority for away tickets over PP applications. That's why several people applied for an AST at that point because we could see the writing on the wall. The club then stopped advertising it so openly, but it was definitely one of the benefits.

The problem is that there is no clarity about what the corporate allocation is. The example quoted by browney83 should not be happening. In fact it's disgusting.

bristolhammerfc

Post by bristolhammerfc » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:06 pm

upton girlie wrote:
Is it my fault that the our club have decided to allocate Club London members a small percentage of tickets? No; so let’s reduce the amount of digs please.
Cheers.
I don't think anyone has blamed you for anything? We are not currently recruiting for moderators and are capable of moderating without assistance thanks.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:10 pm

There are people in corporate who go home and away, like UG, so it is unfair to clump them in with the corporate who are minded to grab tickets and not even sure they will use them or just hand them out to people who fancy a boys jolly weekend in Bournemouth. You wont be seeing them at Villa away.

upton girlie

Post by upton girlie » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:11 pm

HarlowEssexHammer wrote:
Hi UG,

You mentioned that your application depends on supply and demand, so at what stage of an away game ticket sales is your application considered? E.G. are you given a date/time to log-in like bondholders and and PP holders?
We apply for away tickets as and when. There are no dates, as such, but obviously applying in advance (normally after the last away match) is recommended. I have received notice the day before an away match so it can be very last minute confirmation. On these occasions I would imagine they are the surplus tickets allocated to players and not issued, therefore ‘spare or excess’. All of our players are allowed to apply for away match tickets too.

The issue of tickets to corporate sales has been around for years - it is not a new thing and all clubs have the same thing going on.

The difference with our club is the increase of Club London memberships as opposed to the amount that were released when we were at the Boleyn.

NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Knighter10WHU wrote:I must admit I was unsure this was the case until recently. Compare the away ends at Newport last week and the similar sized away following at Bristol City away in the FA Cup back in 2015... Very different crowds. There are of course still many of the regular faces going but there were also an awful lot of "irregular" faces.
Hundreds of proper bods have given up going completely since the move, that's why.

The fan base has been successfully sanitised.

Marky

Post by Marky » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:10 pm

I agree with UG. Some of the vitriol directed at Club London members is OTT. Most of them are just people spending their own £ not faceless corporate entities. It’s not their fault the club allocates as they do.

upton girlie

Post by upton girlie » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:06 pm

bristolhammerfc wrote:
I don't think anyone has blamed you for anything? We are not currently recruiting for moderators and are capable of moderating without assistance thanks.
Was there any need for that?
I was only emphasising the ongoing ‘blame the corporate’ attitude that seems to be going on. Surely if you were doing your moderating job to the finest degree you would’ve said something yourself. I’m purely sticking up for myself and don’t see why it should be criticised.
Marky wrote:I agree with UG. Some of the vitriol directed at Club London members is OTT. Most of them are just people spending their own £ not faceless corporate entities. It’s not their fault the club allocates as they do.
Thank you Marky. I do know other Club London members that do home and away matches on a regular basis and, at the end of the day, we are loyal supporters of our club and have been for years. It’s purely circumstances that enable us to sit where we do and we shouldn’t be victimised for it.

upton girlie

Post by upton girlie » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Kialos wrote:There are people in corporate who go home and away, like UG, so it is unfair to clump them in with the corporate who are minded to grab tickets and not even sure they will use them or just hand them out to people who fancy a boys jolly weekend in Bournemouth. You wont be seeing them at Villa away.
To be honest, those, that I know, who apply for away tickets are usually at the matches. There are always going to be the ones that take advantage but isn’t that the case with most situations - who you know etc? I’m sure if I had a good friend who worked at the 02, for instance, then I’d nag/blag him/her for a ticket if there was something I wanted to see. It happens everywhere.

Anyway...hope to see you at Villa away :wink:

w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham

Post by w4hammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Kialos wrote:There are people in corporate who go home and away, like UG, so it is unfair to clump them in with the corporate who are minded to grab tickets and not even sure they will use them or just hand them out to people who fancy a boys jolly weekend in Bournemouth. You wont be seeing them at Villa away.
this.

loxfordhammer

Post by loxfordhammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Some one just commented that this has only been happening since the move,
having big trouble getting away tickets. From memory I believe this to be true.
What has changed? Is it something that the club has done? :crest: