Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

bonzosbeard

Re: Away tickets 2019 / 2020 season

Post by bonzosbeard » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:05 pm

Let's hope this awful guy does get found out and passed on to the police. How can people enjoy money they've got from other people's misery?

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:14 pm

Was he about 5 foot and wearing a Politburo coat?

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:17 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:14 pm
Was he about 5 foot and wearing a Politburo coat?
:lol:

mywhufc

Post by mywhufc » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:35 pm

Kialos wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:50 pm
I see from the article below that the OSB have invited select individuals to a meeting to discuss away ticketing.

Both the author of the article and another regular contributor to WHTID have been invited. Both anti away season tickets and want them scrapped.

Does anyone know how many away season ticket holders or high PP holders are on the OSB and who else has been invited to this meeting?

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2 ... qJVi7FQiOk
Fake news here
i wrote the article, im not anti away season ticket holders at all, nor want them scrapped.
as a failed applicant to the OSAB i recievd invite to this

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:40 pm

mywhufc wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:35 pm
Fake news here
i wrote the article, im not anti away season ticket holders at all, nor want them scrapped.
there's a question for you on Hammerschat Nigel

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:47 pm

mywhufc wrote:
Fake news here
The problem is that a ‘debate’ has been started predicated on the allegation that bondholders and ASTs are selling on tickets without putting that allegation to those people.

As supposed fan representatives it’s amazinv that those most affected haven’t been canvassed. There was quite a lot of angry feeling amongst our lifers hearing about this.

I suggest the OSB sub committee don’t say a word about this subject until all regular away fans are asked an opinion. You should all cancel your meeting and ask those going to Everton their thoughts before discussing it at all.

mywhufc

Post by mywhufc » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:55 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:47 pm
The problem is that a ‘debate’ has been started predicated on the allegation that bondholders and ASTs are selling on tickets without putting that allegation to those people.

As supposed fan representatives it’s amazinv that those most affected haven’t been canvassed. There was quite a lot of angry feeling amongst our lifers hearing about this.

I suggest the OSB sub committee don’t say a word about this subject until all regular away fans are asked an opinion. You should all cancel your meeting and ask those going to Everton their thoughts before discussing it at all.
who started that debate? i know nothing of that.
this is a ticketing meeting, not just about away STs.
I wrote the article on WHTID as i regularly write on there.
people have till wednesday to comment or contact those going (those that are known)
Im no board patsie so will use the oppotunity to attend this 1 meeting to see what is said, comment in the meeting then will prob write again whats gone on.
too many people put 2 & 2 together and come up with 10.

West Ham Dave

Post by West Ham Dave » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:00 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:47 pm

As supposed fan representatives it’s amazinv that those most affected haven’t been canvassed.
Problem with that Doc, is they risk getting the wrong opinions to back their agenda.

And for the record I’m not an AST.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:18 pm

mywhufc wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:55 pm
who started that debate? i know nothing of that.
this is a ticketing meeting, not just about away STs.
I wrote the article on WHTID as i regularly write on there.
people have till wednesday to comment or contact those going (those that are known)
Im no board patsie so will use the oppotunity to attend this 1 meeting to see what is said, comment in the meeting then will prob write again whats gone on.
too many people put 2 & 2 together and come up with 10.
Why should people comment before Wednesday? Most of our away support don’t give a flying one for the ‘surveys’ on C&H or for WHTID threads.

Who gave anyone the right to express views on this subject, whatever those views are, without an open dialogue with those most affected?

The OSB, Dale, Hugh, Sean, Coker, WHUISA, HU, KUMB nor anyone else should pretend to speak for or about our away fans without speaking to them first.

Until that happens 2+2 = b*llocks.

Big George

Post by Big George » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:25 pm

Why not speak to all fans? There is a generation of fans growing up who will never know what it’s like to go to an away game because of the AST scheme.

Bond holders guaranteed away tickets, AST, Club London tickets, OSB Freebies should all be scrapped.

mywhufc

Post by mywhufc » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:37 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:18 pm
Why should people comment before Wednesday? Most of our away support don’t give a flying one for the ‘surveys’ on C&H or for WHTID threads.

Who gave anyone the right to express views on this subject, whatever those views are, without an open dialogue with those most affected?

The OSB, Dale, Hugh, Sean, Coker, WHUISA, HU, KUMB nor anyone else should pretend to speak for or about our away fans without speaking to them first.

Until that happens 2+2 = b*llocks.
The easiest thing is to attend the meeting without publicising it publicly, i chose the opposite,
Every west ham fan though is a potential away fan, so by going public i did open dialogue with those potentially affected.
Im not speaking for ASTHs or claiming it, but as a fan invited to attend that has knowledge of buying away tickets as well as home.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:44 pm

As someone who had gone for 50 years told me on Saturday ‘either they do the miles or they can **** off’.

Queue jumpers nothing more or less.

Think Everton going to GS and coaches leave at 5.30am. The next generation welcome.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:41 am

mywhufc wrote:

Fake news here
I'm not sure it is fake news. I not sure I would totally misread an article like that but anyway, I am glad to see you state you do not want to see them scrapped and hope you maintain that viewpoint at the meeting. You will be one of a small number of people who have attended away games over the years.

The other invited attendee I referred to does want them scrapped and his comment stating this is still showing. I believe work commitments mean he can't attend. Most of us have commitments of some sort. I've lost the best part of two days pay attending Newport and Oxford away in the last month.

I appreciate you are not responsible for how the OSB operate.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:53 am

Big George wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:25 pm
Why not speak to all fans? There is a generation of fans growing up who will never know what it’s like to go to an away game because of the AST scheme.

Bond holders guaranteed away tickets, AST, Club London tickets, OSB Freebies should all be scrapped.

Even in the last couple of seasons we've had games that went to general sale. There is always the ballot. You don't need any priority points to enter that. So it is possible to get tickets for some away games direct from the club and get your foot on the ladder but it's usually the games most people don't want to go to and there lies the rub. Some people want to pick and choose.

I think Everton away will go to general sale, I hope those who want to go to an away game with their kids go to that game. It will be a great day out at a traditional old ground.

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:49 am

Big George wrote:

Be honest George, what you really mean is you find it difficult to attend as a Father and child combo because you're on radically different points to each other.

The naivity of those that believe getting rid of the Bondholders or scrapping the AST scheme or scrapping priority points will make it easier or fairer for them to get an away ticket is worrying.

Take a Parent and child combo , both go in a ballot , childs name pops out, parents doesn't ........

Or, Vice versa.......

The idea that offing the Bondholders will free up loads more tickets simply isn't true, the absolute, undisputed maximum that could offer up is an additional 808, assuming of course the club don't siphon them off for corporate .....can you see the flaw in your argument yet ?

Some points

The points system worked perfectly well up until we moved to stratford.You could argue, with the Everton game likely to reach general sale, it still does.

The increase in the number of AST's in the first season at Stratford, rising from 321 to just over 500 also saw little issues, the debate at the time being around the club not taking full allocations .Incidentally the new AST holders were of a much younger generation to those that used to go in the Boleyn era - there has been a ,marked reduction in the age of our travelling support: the club will have the figures.

The introduction of the £30 cap then saw a surge in demand for away tickets, this is where I believe a real issue lies.One PL club has attempted to address this by charging a fee to be allowed Away tickets. For clarity I'm not advocating that, but when you open up a system for discussion and change don't be surprised if the club comes back with , say, a £99 fee just to be allowed to buy an away ticket .Or £199, or £299....oh, and that's per applicant.

That would reduce the demand overnight.

Those of us that go every week - having followed the rules meticulously for decades - would I'm sure scrape the money together - we have to for bus fares, train fares, petrol, parking, unpaid leave from work - so just another cost is one we would find a way of paying, albeit unhappily because we've been shafted by the M25 ( and south coast if it's a saturday brigade) crew.

But lets get to the real issue, the handing out of tickets to people in corporate lounges to keep them sweet and buying the overpriced seats for home games. Now, it's a practice that has gone on for years, long before we moved, but it's increased dramatically, probably because nobody likes the new gaff, the corporate packages are chronically over priced and they have to be given more "value" to persuade them to keep buying them.

The other not insignificant change is the increase in home season tickets to 40,000 or so.

Why no calls to cap the number of those ? There's a generation of supporters unable to get to home games........meanwhile every week there are thousands of paid for child seats sat empty.....

However, lets be clear, those who have chosen to open this can of worms won't be party to introducing a "fairer" system, merely a different one. A system that will still see legally protected Bondholders have first dibs, followed up by Corporate supporters (in order of spend on home packages), followed by former players and celebrities, followed by the remaining 10% which will go to a ballot.........meaning you still won't be going to Brighton away anytime soon with a child.

Still, at least you'd have ****ed up mine and hundreds of long serving away season ticket holders lives, so all's not lost eh ?

We stuck to the rules, we did the miles, we earned the points, why should we just roll over having spent thousands on travel costs and tickets for decades to allow Graham Gooch to get a ticket for Bournemouth ?

Andytheammer

Post by Andytheammer » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:33 am

Well put Pinky

Big George

Post by Big George » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:04 am

Doc H Ball wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:44 pm
As someone who had gone for 50 years told me on Saturday ‘either they do the miles or they can **** off’.

Queue jumpers nothing more or less.

Think Everton going to GS and coaches leave at 5.30am. The next generation welcome.
Does that mean you don't have any spares for Palace on Boxing Day Doc?

brownout

Post by brownout » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:10 pm

Just bought two for Everton on 19 & 11 points. Only restricted view but loads of their seats are.
I expect this to go to low points or general sale so hope those who complain they can't get on the points ladder will be taking the trip north to what is one of the best away games and in a proper football stadium.

mushy

Post by mushy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Big George wrote:

Everyone except priority point holders?
Bearing in mind that ast holders and some bond holders will already be on maximum points anyway I dont think your idea will make it any easier for those that want the occasional away trip.

Just to clarify as well, you could have started on zero points three years ago and now be comfortably in the mid twenties.
You would have had to have gone to some general sale games to have got to that total though.

Does anyone know if all failed osab applicants have been asked to attend on Wednesday or have they been 'especially selected '?

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:16 pm

That's another tradition that has been lost. How many young kids' first match at West Ham was the Boxing Day game? It was a special treat for families and it's been taken away. I'd be tackling that before anything else. Anyway off topic to this debate so I'll say no more.