Grady Diangana

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

thejackhammer

Grady Diangana

Post by thejackhammer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Well done to the kid on his debut!

Has earned a place on the bench for Saturday. The question is do we keep him around the first team or should he go out on loan?

kentishiron

Re: Grady Diangana

Post by kentishiron » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:34 pm

Absolutely deserves a space on the bench for me, thought he was excellent tonight, not scared to take anyone on and also composed in possession, decision making at times was off but understandable for a kid to wanna get a goal on his debut when we're 4-0 up!

Was also surprised at his willingness to get stuck in and strength holding defenders off the ball.

kentishiron

Post by kentishiron » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:35 pm

Also think a loan out would be perfect for him as long as its not League 1/2, needs to go abroad because a player his style does not work in the lower leagues, hopefully go to a more technical league.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:41 pm

Think he’s 20 so not a kid. Rice is younger yet played like the elder statesman tonight.

Diangana was bright throughout. The highlight of the game for me was the Bovril and him getting his first. He rolled the ball past the defender beautifully.

MP seems to be the sort of manager to give players a chance and I expect we will see more of Grady.

How refreshing was it to start with a strong team and then introduce youngsters rather than starting weakened. Forest away festers a little bit less tonight.

irving boleyn

Post by irving boleyn » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:12 am

A Star is Born !

Very Raheem Sterling'ish with his nippiness and close control.

Best debut I can remember.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:17 am

irving boleyn wrote:
Best debut I can remember.
Cottee ‘83.

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:19 am

Well done Brady, I'm very pleased for him, but let's not heap on too much expectation too soon. Macclesfield are second bottom of League Two for a reason.

Iron-on-transfer

Post by Iron-on-transfer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:30 am

Rocket wrote:Well done Brady, I'm very pleased for him,.....
Wait, what?...she's accidentally sent out a dick pic and she's had to resign?!! Praise the Lord. :lol:

carnage

Post by carnage » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:35 am

Best debut since Freddie Sears.

jastons

Post by jastons » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:48 am

Macclesfield or not, the guy will be full of confidence. Bring him off the bench with twenty minutes to go on Saturday and watch Manchester United fall apart :scarfer:

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:41 am

Iron-on-transfer wrote: Wait, what?...she's accidentally sent out a dick pic and she's had to resign?!! Praise the Lord. :lol:
:oops:

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:49 am

lets not get carried away by last night. suggestions of being on the bench are premature to say the least. loan to a championship side in January will do him some good. next round of the cup maybe depending who we get, we want to win this carraboo thing.

a good dbut against a team we hit for 8 and people want him to play against man utd. crazy

e17

Post by e17 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:50 am

jastons wrote:Macclesfield or not, the guy will be full of confidence. Bring him off the bench with twenty minutes to go on Saturday and watch Manchester United fall apart :scarfer:
I hope we’re careful with him & don’t end up giving him a cameo that instantly writes him off as soon as he comes up against top flight footballers, but it was refreshing how often he wanted to go forward with the ball last night, and up until his goal how his focus was about the team scoring goals and not just himself.

I’d put him on the bench ahead of Perez or Hernandez (even if he’s fit) on Saturday. Reward him for last night and like you say, give him a run out towards the end.

stu1

Post by stu1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:59 am

hammerman11 wrote:lets not get carried away by last night. suggestions of being on the bench are premature to say the least.
:?

Assuming one of Arnie or Hernandez are injured I see no problem in giving him a place on the bench. He’s obviously impressed in training and impressed again last night, how else is he meant to earn a place on the bench?

That type of attitude hinders the development of English youngsters, unlike our German counterparts etc.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:16 am

it was Macclesfield and now he is ready to play in premier league against man utd. no way.
starts the next cup game and if he continues to impress then maybe a sub appearance against lesser premier teams.

MP will want to beat this lot more than most and will not let his heart rule his head.

steady progress for the younsgters is fine but you dont risk him or the team against man utd in a game we need to win . we are still 4th from bottom and could drop into bottom 3 easily if we dont win.

Roby

Post by Roby » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:24 am

The kid easily deserves a sub run out against Man Utd but that is a massive step up against world class players.

Saying that, I remember Zavon Hines absolutely tearing up Liverpool at home in a game under Zola when Diamanti scored his two-touch penalty.

Maybe sometimes let the kids just play with their confidence and you never know.

psychoscoredthelot

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 am

i think he should start........but i didnt see the game last night

Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:57 am

Start him, give him a sink or swim a bit like happened to Rice v Arsenal and my god did he swim.

We are lacking up top with Injuries relying on Antonio who most on here moan about (i rate antonio myself)

GALF

Post by GALF » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:03 am

I'm sure that Ashley Fletcher was Man United's number 1 academy striker and Rashford only got his first team chance by virtue of the fact that Fletcher was out on loan.

This guy was seemingly behind Martinez, Silva and Browne but stood up and took his chance when called upon. Fair play to the lad.

I'm not suggesting he is, or will become, as good as Rashford. However, it's very often due to events outside of ones control that someone is thrown into the limelight.

People behind the scenes must rate the kid, or else he wouldn't have made the first XI. I'm sure they will convene to discuss how best to utilise him going forward and I'll have to trust their judgement.

stu1

Post by stu1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:26 am

hammerman11 wrote:it was Macclesfield and now he is ready to play in premier league against man utd. no way.
starts the next cup game and if he continues to impress then maybe a sub appearance against lesser premier teams.

MP will want to beat this lot more than most and will not let his heart rule his head.

steady progress for the younsgters is fine but you dont risk him or the team against man utd in a game we need to win . we are still 4th from bottom and could drop into bottom 3 easily if we dont win.
I think you are placing far too much emphasis on the importance of what would effectively be our 3rd choice attacking sub.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not suggesting he displace Antonio or Snodgrass etc but we seem to have a couple of injuries now that could mean a space on the bench is up for grabs and if there is then he deserves it.

Rashford went from being completely unknown to leading Man U ‘s front line and saving LVG’s job at the age of 17, so I’m sure we can risk a promising 20 year old being on our bench.
Last edited by stu1 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.