Grady Diangana

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Re: Grady Diangana

Post by sanchoz » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:56 pm

S-H wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:39 pm
I think bringing him back would be a bad move.

He's playing, he's happy, he's enjoying his football, it's better for his development if he stays where he is.

We'll have him back next season for our promotion push..
Also if people for the next few games want someone who is willing to take on defenders down the wings and is different to what we have been playing so far, we have someone already on the books (Holland) who fits that criteria.

YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:15 pm

I think with Holland we should be handling him as we did with Grady last season - the odd 20-30 minutes here or there, a start if needed due to injuries or opposition. Then next season we get Grady back into the first team fold after a successful loan and of goes Nathan to someone in the Championship who's expected to play on the front foot and be reasonably successful.

In two seasons then they're ready to be starting in the PL for us - two youngsters coming through to replace Antonio and Yarmolenko as they move into their 30s.

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:33 pm

if only we had played Holland in an EFL Cup game to get experience......

oh wait...

:hush:

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Manuel Pellegrini tips Grady Diangana to remain at West Brom for rest of season

West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini has provided a boost for West Brom, stating that Grady Diangana 'must finish his season' with Albion.
Fears had begun to develop over recent weeks that Diangana could head back to the Hammers in January, in a similar case to Harvey Barnes and Leicester last season.

The 21-year-old has been an integral figure at The Hawthorns since joining on-loan in the summer, scoring four goals and registering four assists for the Baggies so far this campaign.

Speaking ahead of West Ham's clash with Burnley, Pellegrini admitted that Diangana has a future at the London Stadium, but is set to complete his season in the Black Country.

"I think that Grady is doing what we wanted for him, same as Josh Cullen. He's a player without any doubt will be part of West Ham in the future." he said.

"I trust a lot in Grady and I think it was better for him to go and play 40 games this season and be ready for next season, than to play here just some games. I think he must finish his season where he is."

Reports in the national press had claimed that Pellegrini was considering recalling the youngster, partly thanks to the injury problems surrounding Michail Antonio and the questions marks over Felipe Anderson's form.

However, Pellegrini's latest thoughts have put that speculation to bed - barring serious change in east London.
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... of-season/

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:55 pm

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134036

No Diangana recall, says Pellegrini

S-H

Post by S-H » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:08 pm

sanchoz wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:49 pm

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... of-season/
Good news for the lad.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:32 pm

so grady stays at west brom fair enough time to give Holland a chance then. a few appearances off the bench will help. trouble is we have some hard games coming up.

interestingly he said that diagana and Cullen had a big future at west ham next season. I am happy to give Cullen another chance as he is home grown.

thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:39 pm

hammerman11 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:32 pm
so grady stays at west brom fair enough time to give Holland a chance then. a few appearances off the bench will help. trouble is we have some hard games coming up.

interestingly he said that diagana and Cullen had a big future at west ham next season. I am happy to give Cullen another chance as he is home grown.

Couldn't wait to get rid of Cullen in the summer.

Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY becomes custom" (Chile)

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Good decision now for Diangana but a bad one for WHU.

Sadly I have the feeling that its the right move at the right place and right time.

sanchoz wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Off-Topic: Do someone know, how expensive will be to buy this nice WB yellow-green shirt???

I really love the colour combination on that...

"Sunshine... sunshine reggae... " :tune:

One love! :D

YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:09 am

thejackhammer wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:39 pm
Couldn't wait to get rid of Cullen in the summer.
Not like we sold him, though - loaned him back to a club where he'd performed very well the season before and could settle straight back in to a team and management that he knows to get Championship game time. Pellegrini used him in pre-season a fair bit, too.

Honestly, I think we might have both Grady and Cullen starting for us regularly next season, if their form this is anything to go on. Cullen's playing the full 90 for Charlton in most games and has been shining for them recently - think he's got two MoTM awards in their last four, including bossing the midfield against Derby.

I feel like I say that about Cullen every season he's out on loan, though...

Ultimately, we have two players who are fitting the definition we're talking about in the January thread - promising Championship players who are young and looking good, possibly a level above where they currently are. The best news is that both will be back here in the summer.

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub

Post by Het-Field » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 am

Cullen is a high performer in the Championship and now a full international. Grady has been generally impressive this term with the top team in the league. They need to be options going forward.

fmgod

Post by fmgod » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Het-Field wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 am
Cullen is a high performer in the Championship and now a full international. Grady has been generally impressive this term with the top team in the league. They need to be options going forward.
Grady has a bit of time still, Cullen next season is almost now or never at 23

e17

Post by e17 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:40 pm

Het-Field wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 am
I think it’s safe to say they’ve outperformed Fornals or Sanchez this season

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Slaven Bilic and Manuel Pellegrini in agreement on Grady Diangana

Head coach Slaven Bilic has welcomed Manuel Pellegrini's comments that he'd like Grady Diangana to remain with Albion for the entire season.
The 21-year-old joined the Baggies on loan from West Ham in the summer but his eye-catching displays have led to speculation he could be recalled to the London Stadium in January.

Ppeaking at a press conference on Thursday, though, Pellegrini said he is pleased with the way Diangana is developing at The Hawthorns – with the Chilean eager for the wideman to play at least 40 games this season.

And Bilic also feels it is in Diangana's best interests for him to stay with Albion.

"Of course – Pellegrini is a great manager, he’s done everything," Bilic said when asked if he was pleased to hear Pellegrini's comments.

"But I really think that for us, for West Ham and for Grady, it’ll best for him to stay and to grow up as a player.

"Grady is nowhere near the finished article. He’s a young player who is enjoying it.

"It’s his first season where he’s an important part of the team that is fighting for something.

"I’m not only talking about the pressure and everything, it’s also off the pitch. It’s great for him. He’s on a great path, he’s enjoying every game.

"He’s raising his game, he’s growing and it would, for me, not be good for him and also for West Ham long term – and for us, of course – to stop that process."

Albion also have their own promising youngsters out on loan with Jonathan Leko and Sam Field both doing well in the Championship at Charlton.

And Bilic sees similarities with them and Diangana – with Albion's head coach keen for the duo to remain with the Addicks to ensure they continue to play.

"It’s the same with them (Leko and Field)," Bilic continued.

"That was part of the plan. That was the reason we sent them there because we were thinking about them, the players, but also about West Brom.

"We didn’t think about Charlton – I’m not going to lie and say we wanted to help Charlton – but we were thinking about two things – what is good for the players, and West Brom in the long term.

"If we were thinking in the short term, it’d be great to keep them here and for them to wait for a chance, that’s even if a chance comes.

"That wouldn’t be good for them of course, and not for West Brom long term.

"Although it might happen at some point in the season that you’re going to need players, but that’s not a reason to have 40 players in your squad.

"Sam and Jonathan are a great example of that. I told them, you’re going to come back here and knock on my door and say I want to play here - I’m good enough.

"They are that way to be fair, same with Grady and West Ham. It’s about perspective."
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -diangana/

only1post

Post by only1post » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:12 pm

England u21 call up.

Roby

Post by Roby » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:59 pm

only1post wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:12 pm
England u21 call up.
Well deserved too.

Should have had at least one U21 cap last season anyway.

S-H

Post by S-H » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:06 pm

only1post wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:12 pm
England u21 call up.
Wonder if he will actually play this time.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:15 am

Sterling stuff from West Brom's Grady Diangana
Student of the game Grady Diangana has revealed he is taking inspiration from Raheem Sterling as he bids to score more goals.
The winger, who is hoping to feature for England under-21s against Albania tonight, has netted four times for Albion since joining on loan from West Ham in the summer.

In a bid to improve, Diangana says he watches clips of a host of top players – including Barcelona’s Lionel Messi.

But his says for young, English, wingers, Sterling is now a huge source of inspiration.

“He (Sterling) has always been a top player but now you can see he has become so efficient,” Diangana said.

“You want to understand how he’s got to where he is.

“He is a big inspiration for every attacking player.”

Diangana believes Sterling has made the art of scoring look easy.

And it’s that skill he wants to learn.

“It’s how he’s getting his goals,” the 21-year-old continued.

“Everyone wants to get goals but you don’t know how to consistently get goals like that.

“To be consistent you have to have a method in doing it.

“Sterling doesn’t dribble as much as he used to but you can see him getting on the end of things – the one-touch finishes, the timing of his movement.

“He is really good at those things.”

Born in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Diangana moved to England when he was just four-years-old.

He joined West Ham’s academy aged 12 and – along with Declan Rice – was immediately touted as a star of the future.

Now he is hoping to emulate his Hammers team-mate buy also playing for the senior England side one day.

But he says to do that he is going to have to stay grounded.

“I’ve always been someone who’s grounded and I don’t let things get to my head,” Diangana said.

“Playing with Declan and seeing where he’s got to and how he’s got there and the things he’s had to do to get there has helped me develop as a player.

“Hopefully I can be just as good as him.

“Declan is definitely someone I can learn from.”
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -diangana/

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:29 pm

picked up an injury maybe ? not even on the bench and it looks like we are short 1 ??

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source= ... 40;dt;fp;1;;

S-H

Post by S-H » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Boothroyd is a c*nt