Renovation of Training Facilities/Rush Green

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

War Pony

Re: Renovation of Training Facilities/Rush Green

Post by War Pony » Fri May 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Leicester's new training ground....

Ours...

:thdn:

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Out of curiosity a couple of weeks back I looked on Google to see the distance apart of both training grounds and the sizes and realise it's not that much of a big deal, just a short joinery apart and easily accessible should any senior or academy players need to be at one place or the other. It's not like they're worlds apart with nothing to do with one another and they clearly share both facilities as and when required by management. I never hear of any players or kids complaining about what's on offer and generally now regarded as Premier league standard or pitches themselves are in excellent nick these days of premier league match standard (9 outside/1indoor on total) with all the mod con equipment inside both sites. I'm not convinced it's so much of an issue as it was when it was just at Chadwell heath and run down with little investment going on. Regards more advanced medical facilities don't we have a partnership deal with Spire roding where the players get great care there?
Last edited by Colours never run on Fri May 10, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.

Post by Croydon » Fri May 10, 2019 1:13 pm

War Pony wrote: Leicester's new training ground....
Thanks for posting that. It's so disappointing especially as Leicester are a team who we will be competing directly for player's signatures.

Just seeing the training ground would make that decision easy for me.

vaz te's bonnet

Post by vaz te's bonnet » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:11 am

Investing in the training ground, isnt just investing on the building, its on the whole infastructure. While portacabins arent a great look it gets the job done. I think the biggest issue is the standard of pitches. The first team get a lot of injuries and also when reading about the highly rated youths that we let go recently. It all followed the same lines that persistent injuries were at fault.

Ive walked on watfords training pitches before and they are lush, you can really feel the difference under foot and its more than the top layer.

The supposed issue why Arsenal have a lot of issues is the ground underneath the top layer is solid and that causes the muscular injuries

steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 am

That's an Arsenal cock up then as they're next to each other

vaz te's bonnet

Post by vaz te's bonnet » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:41 am

steveherts66 wrote:That's an Arsenal cock up then as they're next to each other
Watfords ground used to be Arsenals, I think the thinking was to have pitches that are just like the pitches they play on at the weekend but playing on the firmer pitches put more strain through the muscles

Exiledin cardiff

Post by Exiledin cardiff » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:49 pm

The issue with this is money all the way, How would we feel if we signed no one this summer but spent 30 mill bringing Rush Green up to the required standard,

Sullivan is not going to spend on both at this moment he's half heartedly spending on players, I could not see Pellegrini staying around when Sully comes out with " you'll have to go with what you have".

Yes I would like to see Rush Green improved, but at this time the team needs to really consolidate in the premier league. Then we can put Rush Green in order.

Don't think I'm a Sullivan stool Pidgeon I am not I whole heartedly dislike the three of them, but I can see both sides of this story. Rush Green or Fornals? what would you choose

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:05 pm

if they didn't charge us interest and instead put THAT money into the training facilities they would be a lot better.

Gold and Sullivan however have charged the club nearly £17 million in interest charges and have taken out over £14 million of this out in the form of cash since August 2017.

http://priceoffootball.com/west-ham-201 ... c-passion/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and I know that you are not sticking up for them but hell's bells why can't we have both Fornals and an improved training facility ?

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:07 pm

It should not need to be one or the other.

They have owned the club for close to 10 years.

It's all moot under this lot though, all they are interested in is make do and mend. Rather take money out of the club in interest payments then ploughing it back into infrastructure.

bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:05 am

You will never be an Elite club working out of portacabins apart from just being embarrassing there are numerous other factors. Such as attracting players, imagine if we are in a battle with Leicester for a player and they visit both facilities. The same with young players and and their parents opinion. Then also obviously injuries, blimey our warm up area in winter is an AstroTurf corridor. Burnley built a very nice facility for £10m. I’m pretty sure we could build something very decent for £30-50m. We are a £200m + revenue business it’s basically a drop in the ocean that would make such a difference to the professionalism and perception of the club.

ashbanki

Post by ashbanki » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:09 am

Fornals or a state of the art training complex?
There is a far higher chance of him suffering a serious injury at West Ham ( man for man top of the injury list season after season) than at other PL clubs - Of the nine signings, last season - three were out pretty much all season (Yarmo,Sanchez,Wilshere) plus Nasri when he turned up!! and two for ten weeks or so (Balb,Fredericks)
Of existing players Hernandez approx 12 weeks,Cresswell 8-9 weeks,Arnautovic 9 weeks,Carroll over 20 weeks and Lanzini to add to the list, but as a result of an injury on International duty.
Compare to Wolves - two players out for four weeks or more Jota 7 weeks and Jonny 4 weeks during the whole campaign.

bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:43 pm

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. They could easily get a loan with reasonable payments of say £5m a season.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Croydon wrote:
Just seeing the training ground would make that decision easy for me.
Have you ever seen the city of Leicester, because that’s where you’d be living?

Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Post by Sloop John B » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Croydon wrote:Just seeing the training ground would make that decision easy for me.
Imagine how gutted you'd be then when you turned up to their actual training ground...

War Pony

Post by War Pony » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:27 pm

They only have a year to wait... In that time, our portacabin roof would have been repaired twice due to leaks and we are top of the league for injuries once again

Better tools, better productivity.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... nd-2716949

As soon as we moved into the new stadium our next priority should of been the training ground/grounds. :thdn:

Arch Dandy

Post by Arch Dandy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:30 pm

What's actually wrong with the facilities now at Rush Green?

HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Arch Dandy wrote:What's actually wrong with the facilities now at Rush Green?
People that don't use them, or go there, don't like them...

Ozza

Post by Ozza » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Arch Dandy wrote:What's actually wrong with the facilities now at Rush Green?
They are substandard in relation to other premier league clubs, a well known jorno called them worse than most league one sides facilities

Ozza

Post by Ozza » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:55 pm

HammerMan2004 wrote: People that don't use them, or go there, don't like them...
Take it you’ve been there and like them?

Arch Dandy

Post by Arch Dandy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:01 pm

Ozza wrote:They are substandard in relation to other premier league clubs, a well known jorno called them worse than most league one sides facilities
But in what way specifically are they substandard? Have you got a link to the article, I found one where Pellegrini was apparently unimpressed but we've spent over £10 million on them since and he's quoted as being very happy and that media reports were false.