Huge rise in ST prices

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

hessa

Re: Huge rise in ST prices

Post by hessa » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:24 pm

mumbles87 wrote:I found an article from 2012/2013 season were the tickets were frozen after we got promoted

band 1 was £850
band 4 (lowest back then) £600

band 1 worked out at £44.73 a game

now band 1 is £975 and band 4 is £555

I have not included 1966 as thats a special ticket that I believe you get more than just a ticket to the game isnt it?

anyways band 1 now works out £54.16 a game extra.. band 4 is actually a bit less than before and also have band 5 which we will leave out of this

so £10 a game extra increase in 7 seasons? works out about 15% increase for band 1 in 7 years

id hazard a guess most other things (rail tickets, cinema etc) have gone up more if not the same

it doesnt seem overly more than back then
I think one of the issues is that for a large majority of us, the banding is misleading. At the old place, the band 3 seats I had (front row of BM upper) were far superior to anything I could get at the new place. I'm now in Block 132 and the seat is okay, but nowhere near as good as what I had previously. For me, the £600 I paid for Stratford rather than the £800 I paid at Upton Park, reflected that difference. The new seat wasn't worth what I had previously paid. I don't think any of them are comparable, with the possible exception of the seats at the top of the Rio.

mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Dwightster wrote:
Band 1 in today's stadium is more like band 2 at BG, Band 2 is band 3 and band 3 is band 4 so you have to compare in that sense for similar view. The only difference with band 3 lower tier is you now have to stand whereas in BG you had sections that sat.
I don’t have band 2 prices to hand , i have them for half a season from an old email £395 for half a season which works out £43 a game so still £11-12 increase a game on that price but those figures are for half seasons so were prob weighted

If you compare band 1 to 1966 it’s £22 a game more which in 7 seasons is a £3 a game increase per season, broken down like that doesn’t seem huge

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:32 pm

what band was the BML? 3 or 4?

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:56 pm

sendô wrote:Affordable football for all.

The reality is, Brady doesn't want your money, she wants tourists and corporates money, because they moan less.
Can't comment on so called tourists, but I can assure you there are plenty in the Corporate areas who complain to Karren, and she actually has to listen to those.

e10hammer

Post by e10hammer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:04 pm

warp
BML was band 4, unlike now which is band 4 at the front and band 3 further back.

James P

Post by James P » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:15 pm

mumbles87 wrote:If you compare band 1 to 1966 it’s £22 a game more which in 7 seasons is a £3 a game increase per season, broken down like that doesn’t seem huge
I think if they raised match ticket prices by £3 every season that'd be a bit of p*ss take.

Estuary

Post by Estuary » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Can't comment on so called tourists, but I can assure you there are plenty in the Corporate areas who complain to Karren, and she actually has to listen to those
:thup:

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:37 pm

e10hammer wrote:warp
BML was band 4, unlike now which is band 4 at the front and band 3 further back.
cheers mate! Image

Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Wembley1966 wrote:Even though I paid for my band 5 season ticket for 2 years last year - I still have to renew it for next season. Although there is no charge for the season ticket, they still want £2 admin fee!

I suspect that many people that thought that they had bought their season ticket for 2 years will not think about renewing - be interesting to see what happens then.
Samba wrote:That's shirley got to be an admin error..
It was an admin error on the ticketing website - just got an email:
  • You may have seen that our Season Ticket renewal window has recently opened - however, as a Season Ticket Holder on a two-year term your seat will automatically be renewed, and no action is required on your part.

Your 2019/20 Season Ticket access card will be sent to you via post before next season.

Westbourne Bill

Post by Westbourne Bill » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:55 pm

So what do we reckon the average increase is per seat ? Even if it were £100 and it’s not..,x 55000 gives the club an extra £5.5m revenue per season. That’s about half a Hugill in today’s currency. So barely justifiable in facilitating more big signings.

Someone needs to put that muppet puppet Whetstone, or whatever his name is,right on that.

They’re increasing the prices because despite the moans, the majority will accept it.

Up the Junction
    Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:03 pm

A thread I started on twitter today.
    Back in 2012, pressure from KUMB and others forced the current Board to fulfil a pledge made by the previous (Icelandic/Duxbury) administration to honour a 20 per cent season ticket loyalty discount, after they initially attempted to renege on it:

https://t.co/2jtIROmXFc
    A year later, in 2013, Karren Brady tried to more than double the cost of disabled supporters' season tickets overnight; KUMB (and others) successfully lobbied the Board and the increase was eventually halved:

https://t.co/e6Rd4hkZlq
    In 2018, the Editor of KUMB (ie myself) was banned from all media events involving West Ham Utd and any attempts to communicate with the club since have been ignored. The Board have also confirmed they will only liaise with its self-appointed Official Supporters Board (OSB).
    Earlier this week, a prominent member of the OSB - a faction not recognised by the Football Supporters Federation and called "undemocratic" by WHUISA, an affiliate of the FSF - admitted that they had not been consulted prior to the 'inflation-busting' season ticket price hikes.
    So WHUFC fans are in a position where the Board has decided they will only liaise with one supporter group - its own "undemocratic" OSB - yet opted NOT to consult them over this week's season ticket price rises, which have been almost universally condemned by supporters.

Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:07 pm

James P wrote:
    I think if they raised match ticket prices by £3 every season that'd be a bit of p*ss take.
    They raised them by £5 last season for non-members

James P

Post by James P » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Pop Robson wrote:They raised them by £5 last season for non-members
    P*ss take

Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:41 pm

James P wrote:
    P*ss take
    The cheaper ones obviously went up the most percentage wise as it was £5 across the board, Kids Seniors hammered as usual

Band 4 £40 up to £45 12.5%
    Kids etc £20 up to £25 25%

Band 5 £30 up to £35 16%
    Kids etc £15 up to £20 33%

Hugh Jargon II

Post by Hugh Jargon II » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Eticketing app fails to accept club cash as part payment. I'be abandoned my renewal because I'm faced with the full bill of £865. What a swizz!

Big George

Post by Big George » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Up the Junction wrote:So WHUFC fans are in a position where the Board has decided they will only liaise with one supporter group - its own "undemocratic" OSB - yet opted NOT to consult them over this week's season ticket price rises, which have been almost universally condemned by supporters.
    This was always going to happen. The OSB serve at the pleasure of the the executive vice chairman & co. If they upset them, they will be off.

They’re not consulted.

They have had their legs chopped off, their credibility shot and have chosen to say nothing.

This is madness.

Ferret

Post by Ferret » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:43 pm

I'm guessing these hikes are due to the fact, we have to pay players enormous wages to get them to even consider coming to West Ham.

Condorhammer

Post by Condorhammer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Perhaps the bank of Sully and Gold have upped their interest rates, and the price increase is intended to cover the increased interest payment due.

Hugh Jargon II

Post by Hugh Jargon II » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:23 pm

The reason? Jeez. Wake up. The know they are mostly despised and there ain't much they can do about it. Still be hated. But richer. Pardon?

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Lifted this post from WHO

Another example of the club trying to shaft loyal fans. Hopefully he tells them to stick em where the sun don't shine.

================================================================================
    So when we moved to the new ground me and two mates decided to upgrade from band 3 tickets to club London tickets. Held season tickets for 20 years.

We had to pay for three years £2016 per season and then £500 to be a member.

Now three years on we want to move to another area in the ground. However it seems we are not allowed to do so and only have two options:

A) Renew club London for £2400 per season plus the membership fee
    B) start from scratch at the back of the waiting list.

Club London is not value for money and we want out but also want to renew in say band 4.

Is anyone else going through this as I’m gobsmacked I may not be even able to go next year after 24 years holding a season ticket.