Huge rise in ST prices

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

DaveWHU1964

Re: Huge rise in ST prices

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:53 am

Prob wrote:Don't forget you have to pay a £2 booking fee when you renew your season ticket

Pay money to spend money
You don’t “have to pay” them anything. Free will is ace.

Not picking up on you in particular Prob but this constant refrain of “aren’t the Daves terrible, look what it costs, now where do I pay before I go back on NUMB to moan about it ” is a cycle that people could break today if they chose.

Many of us have broken that cycle. I believe that more and more will. But I think that those who remain knowing that their money goes to people who are responsible for this club’s slide into unrecogniseableness are simply adding a few hundred or a few thousand quid’s worth of fuel to the ongoing de-West Ham-isation of West Ham.

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:05 am

If they haven't done so yet Dave I doubt they will now.

Marky

Post by Marky » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:26 pm

So far today 3 missed calls/voicemails about renewing in the Forge and an email. I sense panic from the club.

Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:13 am

Marky wrote:So far today 3 missed calls/voicemails about renewing in the Forge and an email. I sense panic from the club.
You'll miss out on this for the next 3 seasons :wink:

NEW – a selection of draught beers available

Estuary

Post by Estuary » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 am

Marky wrote:So far today 3 missed calls/voicemails about renewing in the Forge and an email. I sense panic from the club.

Ditto, **** 'em.

hxhammer

Post by hxhammer » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:41 am

I've only had the two calls, you must be special

SammyLeeWasOffside

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:01 am

My mate just got his MLB tickets. It says seats not suitable for people with vertigo :lol:

Ozza

Post by Ozza » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:32 pm

The only way to get rid of the leeches is to vote with your feet and wallets, they haven’t had a penny of mine since the move.

Marky

Post by Marky » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:07 pm

On my literature to renew (the Forge) they are openly promoting Away season ticket access as a selling point to get them for another 3 years. In a way it’s a Ponzi Bond scheme as I can’t think of another reason to renew....

mushy

Post by mushy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Marky wrote:On my literature to renew (the Forge) they are openly promoting Away season ticket access as a selling point to get them for another 3 years. In a way it’s a Ponzi Bond scheme as I can’t think of another reason to renew....
Marky, do they say how many away tickets you are allowed or anything like that?

Marky

Post by Marky » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:11 pm

No they don’t Mushy. It’s aimed at Arnold Hill, Forge and Royal East I think. It’s under Exclusive Benfits page 5.

Big George

Post by Big George » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:28 pm

Marky wrote:No they don’t Mushy. It’s aimed at Arnold Hill, Forge and Royal East I think. It’s under Exclusive Benfits page 5.
That is pretty lousy even by their standards. Could post a pic of that page Marky?

Marky

Post by Marky » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:32 pm

I don’t know how to!

Could someone tell me. Sorry I’m a Luddite

stuarttampin

Post by stuarttampin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:25 am

Looking at renewing
doesnt seem i can use my club cash if i renew online ?
do i have to ring them to get that money off ?

sutts07

Post by sutts07 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:32 am

stuarttampin wrote:Looking at renewing
doesnt seem i can use my club cash if i renew online ?
do i have to ring them to get that money off ?
Various others have said that they were only able to use club cash if they called the club. Needless to say it wasn't made clear or easy.

And those renewing online without realising they couldn't use club cash, now have just a limited amount of time to use their club cash and very little that they can use it on.

Someone genuinely listed a number of ways to use club cash to my mate over the phone and included that they could be used for ticket to a cup game... my mate replied... brilliant, who do we have in the cup final then?... and it went quiet...

Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:38 am

Don't give them your money. It is more than painful not going but unfortunately ££££ is the only thing the greedy liars appreciate.

Or look forward to repeat, repeat.

NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:48 am

Porkeyes wrote:Don't give them your money. It is more than painful not going but unfortunately ££££ is the only thing the greedy liars appreciate.

Or look forward to repeat, repeat.
THIS, A THOUSAND TIMES OVER...

brooking10

Post by brooking10 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Respect your views, but I don’t think it makes a blind bit of difference.

I’ve had a ST for 30 years now, and I’ll renew again. The cost of my yearly ticket equates to about 15 minutes of Andy Carroll’s weekly wage. Ticket sales make little difference to how the club is funded now.

I won’t let them drive me away, I’ll go when I’m ready - I’ve lasted longer than Cearns, Pratt, Storrie, Duxbury etc, and I hope to see these off as well. I love watching and supporting West Ham more than I hate the board.

I also think it’s occasions like the Burnley game that genuinely makes change happen and frightens them. You had to be there to see that. The way I see it, the more ‘old school’ West Ham walk away, the quicker the club changes for the worse. Also, despite what you might read on here sometimes, there’s plenty like me still about at Stratford.

Finally, before I’m accused of being a board apologist, I’ve not trusted a word they’ve said since they tried to take away my 5 year season ticket discount years ago. ⚒

sutts07

Post by sutts07 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:39 pm

brooking10 wrote:
I’ve had a ST for 30 years now, and I’ll renew again. The cost of my yearly ticket equates to about 15 minutes of Andy Carroll’s weekly wage. Ticket sales make little difference to how the club is funded now.
This... wasn't there a stat saying that we were one of and 'X' amount of teams in the Premier League who could actually open their doors for free each week and still be in the black come the end of the season?

reo_coker20
One line wonder

Post by reo_coker20 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:08 pm

reo_coker20 wrote:My dad rung up and said we won’t be renewing our club London can we be relocated apparently we can’t and have to join the waiting list. Strange seeing as we have tickets already and not newbies. Guy on the phone tried to warrant the price increase and my dad said again we won’t be renewing and seeing as you can’t relocate us your losing someone whose been going for over 60 years, including 23 years as a season ticket holder me and him

Further to this received a email today from a senior figure at club, unfortunately it’s there policy and I won’t be getting a ticket as we’ve got to join the waiting list but best bit they will waiver the joining on fee :scarfer:. So it looks like after 23 years as father and son going to West Ham and over 60 odd years of him going, are final game will be Southampton. Won’t go into to much detail but my dads not very well and what could be he’s last years he will be following us on sky instead of in person.

This club really does stink from top to bottom, rip West Ham united I won’t be setting foot into soul less bowl again well until we get new owners