Huge rise in ST prices

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

psychoscoredthelot

Re: Huge rise in ST prices

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Wed May 22, 2019 10:44 am

bubbles500 wrote:Can 17k actually be true ? I mean how many ST did we even have at Boleyn can’t have been much more than 25k. That will mean just 8k ST will remain out of 50k surely that can’t be true.
This what it states

With over 1,000 season ticket holders voting nearly 61% say they have already renewed with over 24% saying they plan to renew before next Friday’s deadline on 31st May.

That leaves 15% who claim they will walk away and give up their London Stadium season tickets.

With 54,000 season tickets at the London Stadium with an increased 60,000 capacity that equals to 8,200 tickets potentially becoming available.

Last year 92% renewed leaving over 4,000 season tickets for those on the waiting list, the previous year it was a 90% renewal rate meaning 5,000 decided not to renew after the first year.

If the 15% non-renewal figure is accurate it means over 17,000 will have given up their season tickets since the move to the London Stadium in 2016 with a previous season ticket population of 26,000 at the Boleyn Ground in the final season.

James P

Post by James P » Wed May 22, 2019 11:07 am

Could it not be the case that some of the 8000 not renewing this year have only had STs since the move? Or did the survey only ask Boleyn STHs?

mike1961

Post by mike1961 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:30 am

The number of season tickets sold each year at the Boleyn was in the range 20,000 to 25,000 I think. (I remember an announcement one year that we had 22,000.)

mushy

Post by mushy » Wed May 22, 2019 3:33 pm

James P wrote:Could it not be the case that some of the 8000 not renewing this year have only had STs since the move? Or did the survey only ask Boleyn STHs?
I would imagine this to be the case, I doubt if 17,000 out of the original 23-25,000 no longer come.
Anything is possible though.

Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson » Wed May 22, 2019 5:10 pm

The Sherriff wrote:Had a chase up call from the ticket office yesterday afternoon to see if I’d be renewing.

I’m in band 5.
:o

Do you have a whole block ?

Hitchin Hammer

Post by Hitchin Hammer » Thu May 23, 2019 11:49 am

Just renewed online, including club cash. All seemed to be working fine. Don't know why we don't have the option to renew linked ST holders (e.g. kids) also though, I had to do it in separate visits signing on as each individual.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 am

Hitchin Hammer wrote:Just renewed online, including club cash. All seemed to be working fine. Don't know why we don't have the option to renew linked ST holders (e.g. kids) also though, I had to do it in separate visits signing on as each individual.
Booking fee per transaction would be one reason.

Prob

Post by Prob » Thu May 23, 2019 12:55 pm

renewing online seems to auto opt you into the cup scheme, as I couldn't see any box to unclick to say I would not like to be apart of that scheme

Cottee

Post by Cottee » Thu May 23, 2019 1:01 pm

Hitchin Hammer wrote:Just renewed online, including club cash. All seemed to be working fine. Don't know why we don't have the option to renew linked ST holders (e.g. kids) also though, I had to do it in separate visits signing on as each individual.

I did all mine in one hit, however I did have to re-add them to my network a few weeks back.

hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Post by hadleighhammer » Thu May 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Hitchin Hammer wrote:Don't know why we don't have the option to renew linked ST holders (e.g. kids) also though, I had to do it in separate visits signing on as each individual.
Cottee wrote:I did all mine in one hit, however I did have to re-add them to my network a few weeks back.
I have the same issue but my network has the person linked still :?

@TFSH_WHUFC

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC » Thu May 23, 2019 1:25 pm

[/quote]
I would imagine this to be the case, I doubt if 17,000 out of the original 23-25,000 no longer come.
Anything is possible though.[/quote]

I am in limbo at present whether to renew or not, never in all the time I have been able to afford a ST have I even questioned the thought of not renewing, but i just cannot stand the bowl, the walk, the shepherding, the "londonification" of our beloved club, as a so called founder I went over to new stadium with eight friends, we all had tickets at UP for at least five season before move, from these eight I am the last one who still has a ST...........I would love to know the renewal rate of the last season at UP and first season at LS against this years take up, I think we would all be horrified!!!

Really just thinking of doing Aways next season...........

LLTB

mushy

Post by mushy » Thu May 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Prob wrote:renewing online seems to auto opt you into the cup scheme, as I couldn't see any box to unclick to say I would not like to be apart of that scheme
Effectively, what the club have done is increase the true cost of season tickets by the amount it costs to attend all cup games (say £80 as a very rough guess), so you now get cup games as part of your season ticket package, you just dont know how much it will cost you.
Imagine if they now scrapped the £10 cup matches and started charging £30 instead for each match.
There would be some pretty pissed off punters, and some pretty sore bank accounts.
A brilliant bit of opportunism from the club.

Johnny Byrne's Boots

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots » Thu May 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Club London prices unveiled (scroll to page 17 for summary)

For the first time in three years, a limited number of seasonal memberships will become available across all of our lounges, priced from just £1,650 plus VAT per season.

Francoisvander or else

Post by Francoisvander or else » Thu May 23, 2019 6:14 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Club London prices unveiled (scroll to page 17 for summary)

For the first time in three years, a limited number of seasonal memberships will become available across all of our lounges, priced from just £1,650 plus VAT per season.
Panic on the streets of Stratford, maybe Kazza could use this as a task on the apprentice, send out the teams to see who can sell some corporate memberships

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:For the first time in three years, a limited number of seasonal memberships will become available across all of our lounges, priced from just £1,650 plus VAT per season.
That phrase again. I wonder how many 1,000s of available tickets constitutes "a limited number" in the eyes of our marketers.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Thu May 23, 2019 6:22 pm

psychoscoredthelot wrote:With over 1,000 season ticket holders voting...
And how they could possibly know this? Strikes me as unsubstantiated guesswork.

IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave » Fri May 24, 2019 2:50 am

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Club London prices unveiled (scroll to page 17 for summary)

How many 'lies' can they get in one brochure ....
As a Member of Club London you secure much more than just your seat to watch the Hammers play in front of 60,000 supporters.
According to Police and Council attendance figures we have never once had 60,000 at the bowl ....
The Royal East is a high end informal experience with a vibrant pre-match atmosphere
Yet this year's Royal East holders are quitting in droves because it's like a library .. go figure
The Boleyn creates a familiar pre-match pub atmosphere, with the advantage of being just seconds from your halfway line seat
No it doesn't and yes it seconds but it's about 600 of them ....

and those questionable claims are just from the headline blurb .... no wonder so many are not renewing the 'con' has been found out.

When Spuds have a waiting list for 11,000 a year corporate seats, and we can't sell our 2,000 'bargains' you just know our famed 'best migration ever' is starting to unravel ....

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:51 am

They are getting desperate as its doesn't seem to be going well. maybe if they signed someone and followed it up with a statement saying more on the way we might believe them.

I am ony a member and thinking hard before I part with my £40 for the right to buy a ticket. I wonder what free gift rubbish it is this year ?

Hammer in Hornchurch

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch » Fri May 24, 2019 9:16 am

Just renewed by phone on the dot at 9am, straight through after selecting option 1.
Was dubious renewing online due to the cup scheme opt in issue.
Apparently the opt in and no option to opt out is a website fault that they know about and you don’t automatically get opted in! (Hmm)
Told to expect new season tickets end July/beginning of August.

Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU » Fri May 24, 2019 9:24 am

hammerman11 wrote:They are getting desperate as its doesn't seem to be going well. maybe if they signed someone and followed it up with a statement saying more on the way we might believe them.

I am ony a member and thinking hard before I part with my £40 for the right to buy a ticket. I wonder what free gift rubbish it is this year ?
Don't waste your money on a membership you literally get nothing for it. You can get a ticket to any home game on general sale and can get it cheaper than from the club if you look in the right places. No away games go to members now these days either. It's literally a waste of money.