Hammers United launch campaign to force dialogue with the Club

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

GaryP

Re: Hammers United launch campaign to force dialogue with the Club

Post by GaryP » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:41 pm

Graza wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:59 pm
There's a difference in language there. They've done their job and represented the interests of their constituent to the minimum acceptable level. "They", read someone on their staff, have written an enquiry. What they do with the response when it comes and how easily fobbed off they are will tell you if they are on side or going through the motions.

I'm not digging you out, but it's boilerplate response right now nothing concrete and frankly unless they were fans themselves they aren't going to know the ins and outs of it all. In that position they'll wait for the responses and unless you can create enough noise for them to care they'll ignore it.
Noise will be made where needed. Numbers behind the noise helps.

www.hammersunited.com/join

SammyLeeWasOffside

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:21 am

GaryP wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:36 pm
However, our officials, as part of their regular discussions with the football authorities and organisations such as the Football Supporters Association,have raised this issue and asked that they are investigated as appropriate.

Really not sure how much clearer it can be said. The issue is being raised with the football authorities. We are going to just have to wait and see the outcome.
I think as you get used to dealing with politicians you might come to see these sort of letters in a different light. IMO far from seeing this response as progress you should be furious at being palmed off.

The expert working group was set up by a tory sports minister, its purpose was to deal with exactly the issues you are complaining about. The fact that these issues are there shows the groups recommendations are being ignored in some cases. This is the minister for sports remit, just because the person in the seat has changed doesn't mean they aren't bound by what went before. No hint that they will press other bodies until something is done, no we will keep you informed of the progress.

This letter is the equivalent of ringing the helpline for your broadband company and them saying its probably your PC or microsoft to blame, try them.

Tross
The bard of East London

Post by Tross » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:51 am

There's little doubt that the engagements with politicians, government departments and footballing bodies are a learning curve, and often a steep one at that, for the committed and dedicated team of volunteers at Hammers United.

Some amongst their ranks are willing and do stand up to be counted amongst us, just as others who publicly pontificate and pay lip service to ours and others faces, from the also rans and political hopefuls to real established heavyweights on those circuits, have absolutely no real intention of lifting a finger to help change the status quo.

Dialogue with all parties, political and otherwise, remains on-going, and we shall continue in our attempts to be as transparent as possible in our communications.

Rest assured, we will of course exercise our right of reply, and continue to explore all available avenues until they are exhausted.

Our aim remains to establish an independent voice for West Ham United fans, one that is not bound by the constraints of an undemocratic construct.

To that end, any experience that those who read or are commenting on this thread may have, that could accelerate in achieving that aim, would be warmly welcomed with open arms by those of us who have already decided that the time has come to unite and take a stand against the clubs position.

To quote one of our more famous fans (who we have also reached out too) "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek".

Positions on our committee and our sub-committees remain open. Membership remains free.

From a personal perspective, I simply asked myself if I was happy with my West Ham experience, and after answering honestly, decided I wanted to do something about it.

I now have what I see as a great privilege to serve my fellow Hammers - I'd be honoured to have any of you serve by my side.

http://hammersunited.com/join/

Tross
8-)

hammers92

Post by hammers92 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:01 am

We should definitely ask why West Ham made a donation to the Conservative party of around £12,000 a few years back. It was on the electoral commission website of how much exactly it was.

Why has the club donated money instead of individuals wishing to do so (which is perfectly fine).

On what basis should West ham donate to any political party? For what purpose? The answer is there is none.

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:29 pm

How was this communicated? I am on the Facebook group but don't remember ever hearing about it.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi Rocket.
It was advertised on Hammers United facebook page and on the website.

Members signed up by EMail were EMailed.

Notice of the AGM will be going out soon.Hopefully you will be able to make it.

Graza

Post by Graza » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:27 pm

Tross wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:51 am
There's little doubt that the engagements with politicians, government departments and footballing bodies are a learning curve, and often a steep one at that, for the committed and dedicated team of volunteers at Hammers United.
Shortened for brevity
I don't disagree with anything you've said there. It's a time issue for many (well me and I assume others) and effort which can be ill afforded, do I want to spend time with my infant children or time banging my head off the brick wall of a privately owned company that has shown it will drag it's feet, dissemble and deflect communication and criticism. It's not the latter.

Your best hope is through some form of direct action - waiting till the 6th minute to enter the stands, having a march etc. as that hurts and embarrasses the public perception the spin that our owners like to wrap themselves in like a warm Russian hat. The problem as I mentioned in the other thread is that the way they broke up the last one has destroyed trust and enthusiasm for going through it all again for many (well for me anyway). The naivety of suggesting forcefully that an MP "writing a letter" is support, backing or anything other than an acknowledgement that they received a request makes me doubt how far HU can get as an organisation.

Tross
The bard of East London

Post by Tross » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:45 am

Thanks Graza.

I'll speak personally (and humbly) as a typically proud father of three, who this year has seen his own father undergo chemotheraphy, moved house, balanced a career that requires extensive international travel and coached an U13's football team.

Time really is the most precious resource we have, and in today's climate, it moves faster than it ever has before.

I think you are correct in much of what you say, and what price could any man put on that all too brief magical time when children are young.

It's a terrible position when groups like ours are in effect asking our fans, men and women like you to find that time.

But it is a position I feel almost duty bound to take, for if I and others like me do not make that ask, and fans like you do not answer the call, what legacy do the children, yours and mind, inherit?

We have seen the manner in which the club executed a PR masterclass in its previous efforts to disassemble protest, and lessons are learned and experience is gained as we at HU continue our journey.

You will have to take me on my word, that our relationships with some MP's is somewhat better than has perhaps been reflected.

Perhaps you and the kids would like to come down to the Plaistow Community Centre for our Xmas Party - it would be a great opportunity to discuss some of your ideas and perhaps see first hand some of the more influential support we have in our ranks.

Best,

Tross
8-)

Graza

Post by Graza » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Tross,

As I said before I'm not digging you out and I don't want it to come across like that.

I'm sorry to hear about your father, I've seen similar with family members and certainly the older people get the harder it is to go through and come back so all the best there.

You make a compelling argument with the legacy issue, having girls though try as I might they care less about football than Brady - though my eldest enjoyed the day out for the ladies game it was more the day out with her dad and grandad.

I applaud the effort, I agree with the sentiment and I hope against hope that the club hasn't gone beyond the point where it can still be unfucked. Sadly the most effective instrument we've seen is a pitch invasion, which is a bit extreme. Pushing for the club to follow the guidelines in a proper way etc. Is a decent starting point but the deck is very much stacked against the fans. It'll be a long hard grind and I wish you the best with it.

loxfordhammer

Post by loxfordhammer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Last night Hammers United had plenty of engagement with our fans out and about in Westfield, and on the bridges, where we listened to their growing frustration at the current state of affairs within our beloved club.
The tension is growing, and the mood of the West Ham faithful is becoming considerably darker with the fan-base once again coming close to the end of its tether. We have to ask the question, how long before that frustration once again boils over?
The last 24 hours we’ve seen our membership rocket by almost 10% and it was clear last night that our loyal supporters have had enough.
Tross 😎:crest:

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Thanks to everyone who stopped for a chat, took a leaflet and signed up.

It was great to get so much positive feedback on our efforts thus far.

Made for an enjoyable evening (I believe evening officially becomes night around 8pm).

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Stephen Cross

Admin · 52 mins

HAMMERS UNITED UPDATE: - We've been inundated with requests to take direct action over the past 36 hours. We have in the words of Phil Stringfellow, "Stayed Classy" but Bubbles, Lee Rogers, myself and the committee recognise that we unfortunately appear to be approaching the end of that long road, which has seen us all but exhaust our options.

We are therefore engaging a number of other supporter groups, associations, social media outlets and influential supporters, as well as the correct authorities.

So there is no doubt, this group has gone about it's business the right way from it's inception.

We have been polite and patient, exploring all the correct avenues available. It would seem that some had hoped that by ignoring us, we would fade and die. . . on the contrary, we now will rally our loyal and long suffering support. . . you loyal and dedicated Hammers. . . your West Ham supporting friends and family. . . it's as Hammers. . . United we must take a stand.

We will look to provide you all with an update shortly, and once we understand the options available, we will put them to you our members.

Tross 😎

#unitedwestand #unitedforchange #hammersunited

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:13 am

Just a gentle reminder that the last few tickets are available for the HU Xmas Bash are available.
December 28th at Plaistow Community Club before and after the game.
Fancy winning a signed shirt and supporting #teamisla?
Check our FB page or website for more details..
HU Commitee would love to see you there..
MV ⚒⚒

Tross
The bard of East London

Post by Tross » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:54 am

Hammers United Update

The Committee can confirm that the club have asked for an initial meeting with Hammers United.

We welcome what we see as a progressive step, as we continue in our mission to drive change at the club.

In line with that mission, we are also pleased to confirm that we will be meeting the Metropolitan Police and our legal advisors as we continue to explore several direct protest options.

Your continued support of this group is now more important than it has ever been.

If you haven’t already, the time is now to get your West Ham supporting friends and family to join Hammers United.

http://hammersunited.com/join/

Tross 8-)

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Great work Tross & everyone at Hammers United.

I’m down at Southampton and will be raising our profile giving out a few more leaflets today.

Anyone is more than welcome to stop for a quick chat about how we are working hard to bring about change.

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:21 pm

Hammers United Xmas Party tickets are almost sold out.. last chance to bag one and possibly win a signed shirt.
Come and say Hi, have a beer and enjoy time with some other HU Members..
Let your hair down (if you have any left watching WH!)
It’s Xmas after all..
Check the FB page for details
Cheers
HU Committee
⚒⚒

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Hammers United Update

Your Committee has been working on a number of fronts this week, engaging with our legal advisors as we continue to boil down our direct action options. We've spoken to the FSA as well as working with a number of the prominent and influential amongst our support, and leveraging the invaluable experience of those who have fought previously under many guises against the club when the need has arisen.

The next seven days will see us hold our first introductory meeting meet with the Club as well as with The Met Police.

We will also be meeting a number others in positions of great influence who share our frustration with the current regime and its inability to deliver against its well documented pledges to take us to the next level.

This week has seen a demonstrable shift across our broader fanbase, with a noted increase in the numbers starting to lose patience and questioning the manner in which the club is run, and many more outside, particularly in the media, starting to question if the problems do in fact lie beyond the Manager and sit at the core of the clubs structure. Training ground under investment and the financials, over committed executives and a string of reneged promises are once more topics of debate, with the dissatisfaction, frustration and anger again rising to the fore. This notably has been to the backdrop of a 0-1 away win.

We remain inundated with many great posts, ideas and requests for action – we share that frustration and your anger, and thank you for your patience, trust and understanding as we meticulously prioritise them and our time.

The lifeblood of this group is you, the members, and we again implore you to share this post, reach out to friends and family who are not aware of the work we do and the changes we are looking to make.

We are Hammers United. . . we stand proudly, uniting our loyal and long-suffering fans, our independent groups and factions, united for change and we demand the much promised next level now.

www.hammersunited.com
#wearemoorethanfans
#unitedforchange
#nextlevelnow

Tross 😎

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:39 pm

Latest articles on Claret and Hugh (latest articles put forward from the club that need a mouthpiece other than the official site) would suggest the club are a little worried.

One, with no opinion data, shows we tick a lot of boxes for fan engagement.

One looks to play down the meeting arranged for tomorrow. :?

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Re the report and Mr Whetstone's tweet.Post on Hammers United Facebook page.

One really does have to question those behind this report.On what basis did they arrive at their conclusions regarding West Ham fan engagement.West Ham are the only Premier League club that does not engage with it's democratically elected fans groups.One assumes that the writer counts the OSB.as fan engagement.This is neither democratic or representative of the fans.Indeed it is held with contempt and scorn by most West Ham fans.We will be writing seeking clarification and urge our members to also do so.

Sean Whetstone of Claret and Hugh has also tweeted asking whether Hammers United will share the fan engagement index with our members 'or does that not meet with your agenda'.

Well Sean as you well know fan engagement has always been on our agenda.I am confused as to what you are getting at here.Are you suggesting we will not draw attention to this flawed report as it dosn't suit us.-Are you just making mischief before we meet the club? Have the club asked you to tweet this? The fans groups are coming closer Unitedforchange and if you would like clarification on our agenda I suggest you contact us so we can talk properly rather than sending out cryptic messages on twitter.-Thank You.