Hammers United Inc. New Season, same goals.

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Post Reply
User avatar
Westbourne Bill
Posts: 5001
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:49 pm
Location: W Sussex

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Westbourne Bill » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:17 pm

We have WHUISA already - and is affiliated to the FSF.

That’s good enough for me.

User avatar
Coops
Posts: 4851
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Rayleigh, Essex

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Coops » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:23 pm

I joined on FB and got accepted in seconds.
All good but they should be checking out that people joining are legit West Ham Fans and not stooges or rival fans.
Last edited by Coops on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Phil S
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Sarfend

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Phil S » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Westbourne Bill wrote:We have WHUISA already - and is affiliated to the FSF.

That’s good enough for me.
Hammers United will be affiliated with the FSF too

User avatar
Phil S
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Sarfend

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Phil S » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:26 pm

Coops wrote:I joined on FB and got accepted in seconds.
All god but they should be checking out that people joining are legit West Ham Fans and not stooges or rival fans.
There's not really anyway to check

Not everyone has WHUFC related stuff on their profiles

User avatar
Coops
Posts: 4851
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Rayleigh, Essex

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Coops » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Westbourne Bill wrote:We have WHUISA already - and is affiliated to the FSF.

That’s good enough for me.
Didn't WHUISA have a ding dong with the other lot about politics?

User avatar
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Posts: 29653
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:34 pm
Location: looking out of my secret nuclear bunker
Contact:

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by sicknote » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Westbourne Bill wrote:We have WHUISA already - and is affiliated to the FSF.

That’s good enough for me.
Which is good

And both can exist, it will not devalue each other and could benefit from each other, people have different views , want action not words some want words not action, some want to get stuck in some want others to get stuck in for them

Until there’s a place that fits all as there clearly isn’t, as admirable as WHUISA and others have been then we will have people willing to stick their head above the parapet and get it knocked of

Sad thing is though if fellow fans are knocking your head off before the club gets to have a pop who benefits

WHUISA don’t
Hammers United don’t
A n other don’t
Us fans don’t

The club does

To start off negatively at any attempt to pull the club up is doing their job for them, and WHUISA need all the help they can get , hammers United will too a n other do and us fans do,

The club don’t!!!

User avatar
Coops
Posts: 4851
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Rayleigh, Essex

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Coops » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Phil S wrote: There's not really anyway to check

Not everyone has WHUFC related stuff on their profiles
Mutual friends, where people live, searching through photos.

Also making sure it is a real account is quite straightforward.

Northbank Bar
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:09 pm

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Northbank Bar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:51 pm

People talk about WHISA which and they are an admirable group.However they have unfortunately hit a log jam.The club will not recognise them and they seem unable to move on and make further progress.Possibly through no fault of their own they are seen by many as damaged goods.If there is a new group trying to make progress then I am in.The way I see it there is nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

User avatar
GaryP
Posts: 12284
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Broken Britain

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by GaryP » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Why are they damaged goods ? Its open, recognised by the FSF has a strong membership . If the membership of the WHUISA keeps growing the club can't ignore them, however much they want to.

Good luck with this new group but in my opinion, the more groups, the more the board wins in fragmenting the fanbase.

loxfordhammer
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:01 pm

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by loxfordhammer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Big George, I'm glad when I moved recently that I didn't move in next door to you. From what I can see, these people have been going for 121 minutes and you are trying to slaughter them. They obviously have the West Ham fans interests at heart and are quite obviously all members of the West Ham family. Please give them a chance, don't just try and rip them to pieces. When have you ever seen anything launch where the website is cracking on day one?. I say anyone that is trying to improve the lives / experience of all West Ham fans young and old gets my time and backing. Anyway heres to three points on saturday .

User avatar
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Posts: 29653
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:34 pm
Location: looking out of my secret nuclear bunker
Contact:

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by sicknote » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:10 pm

GaryP wrote:Why are they damaged goods ? Its open, recognised by the FSF has a strong membership . Good luck with this new group but in my opinion, the more groups, the more the board wins in fragmenting the fanbase.
Only if the fans or groups bicker about each other, then they are doing the clubs work for them

Obviously there’s elements of the support and websites that want this, we all know who they are by now and most of us laugh at the propheganda they peddle, so ignore them about this or WHUISA, they are not the people that need to talk to either WHUISA or this group or a n other

Why they cannot be a few credible organisations representing our large diverse support I fail to see and why each would consider denying the others credibility or chances of success at getting the message across again I don’t understand, that’s what the club wants

If that’s not been learnt from a year ago and all before and since then we won’t go forward as supporters

User avatar
S-H
Posts: 14799
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by S-H » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:13 pm

loxfordhammer wrote: I say anyone that is trying to improve the lives / experience of all West Ham fans young and old gets my time and backing. Anyway heres to three points on saturday .

:thup:

User avatar
aaronhammer
Posts: 9197
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: The Kitman

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by aaronhammer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Whilst I wish them every success and they have my backing as a fans group if they, as they say, want to make things better for West Ham fans.

However I do struggle to see a USP compared to WHUISA which has a strong membership and therefore think we could see a split effort of fan groups in trying to get action. I don’t want to trudge up old ground but it didn’t end well last time, and whilst hopefully it wouldn’t happen, it could lead to disputes between the groups which discredits both for some.

Northbank Bar
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:09 pm

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Northbank Bar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:39 pm

Gary .They are struggling to recover from the mud that was slung at them last year.I am behind them .All I am saying is that they do not seem to be making progress.Perhaps this new lot can move things on.

User avatar
Big George
Posts: 10713
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: Www.Twitter.com/sgfmann
Contact:

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Big George » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:53 pm

loxfordhammer wrote:Big George, I'm glad when I moved recently that I didn't move in next door to you. From what I can see, these people have been going for 121 minutes and you are trying to slaughter them. They obviously have the West Ham fans interests at heart and are quite obviously all members of the West Ham family. Please give them a chance, don't just try and rip them to pieces. When have you ever seen anything launch where the website is cracking on day one?. I say anyone that is trying to improve the lives / experience of all West Ham fans young and old gets my time and backing. Anyway heres to three points on saturday .
Bang to rights Loxford. I think I’m allowing my battle scars from my time at WHUISA to influence me. Interesting to hear that they are going to go for FSF. It’s quite a high bar which they may struggle to get over.

User avatar
GaryP
Posts: 12284
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Broken Britain

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by GaryP » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:56 pm

sicknote wrote:
Only if the fans or groups bicker about each other, then they are doing the clubs work for them

Obviously there’s elements of the support and websites that want this, we all know who they are by now and most of us laugh at the propheganda they peddle, so ignore them about this or WHUISA, they are not the people that need to talk to either WHUISA or this group or a n other

Why they cannot be a few credible organisations representing our large diverse support I fail to see and why each would consider denying the others credibility or chances of success at getting the message across again I don’t understand, that’s what the club wants

If that’s not been learnt from a year ago and all before and since then we won’t go forward as supporters
I get what you are saying but it would be better as one big group, already recognised by FSF. Best way to make voices heard.

User avatar
Big George
Posts: 10713
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: Www.Twitter.com/sgfmann
Contact:

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Big George » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Northbank Bar wrote:Gary .They are struggling to recover from the mud that was slung at them last year.I am behind them .All I am saying is that they do not seem to be making progress.Perhaps this new lot can move things on.

I think the reason is clear after the events of the last few days. The club don’t want to engage with any group that asks questions, say, about inflation busting prices rises.

User avatar
e17
Posts: 11526
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Deep deep down

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by e17 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:50 pm

Westbourne Bill wrote:We have WHUISA already - and is affiliated to the FSF.

That’s good enough for me.
Which is great - & good luck to you & others, & to the WHUISA.

Personally, I gave up my membership of said group as soon as they democratically elected Sean Whetstone despite myself & others never actually receiving a vote.

Personally, I like the message from the fella behind this & his outlook of it all being non-political. I also like his opening gambit & tone of this not being about merely cock blocking every board move.

I reckon there is an opening left behind after the march for a group not caught up in all the mess that followed, & hope this one does the job

User avatar
Big George
Posts: 10713
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: Www.Twitter.com/sgfmann
Contact:

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by Big George » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:56 pm

e17 wrote: Which is great - & good luck to you & others, & to the WHUISA.

Personally, I gave up my membership of said group as soon as they democratically elected Sean Whetstone despite myself & others never actually receiving a vote.

Personally, I like the message from the fella behind this & his outlook of it all being non-political. I also like his opening gambit & tone of this not being about merely cock blocking every board move.

I reckon there is an opening left behind after the march for a group not caught up in all the mess that followed, & hope this one does the job

And when we didn’t join the new SAB, he chucked it in. I’m not his biggest fan to put it mildly but he won an election fair & square, hate the game not the .... whatever.

User avatar
e17
Posts: 11526
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Deep deep down

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by e17 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Wouldn’t know George, never received a vote in that democratic process despite wearing my WHUISA badge with pride previous to that mate.

Anyway, all the best to all groups new & old aiming to make a difference

Post Reply