Hammers United Inc. New Season, same goals.

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Northbank Bar

Re: Hammers United

Post by Northbank Bar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:00 am

This is it - too many groups , too many egos - it needed someone who had experience of negotiation and public speaking and good marketing behind it . And it should be all done on a voluntary basis with complete transparency .

In answer to these points
This is exactly how Hammers United are positioning themselves.
We have been transparent from the off about our position and aims. We have a committee that has been ratified by a member vote at the first open meeting, have been vocal on many forums and have committee members, and indeed members in general, from different age groups, skill sets and backgrounds.
Whilst most of us are new to this we are learning fast every day and have hopefully rectified, quickly, any early mistakes made. And trust me we are not ego driven. We seek nothing from doing this except what’s best for all West Ham Fans. Indeed if anything it is probably a cross to bear at the moment as we are all doing this on a voluntary basis and juggling around work and home life.
I hope this puts your mind at rest.
I also hope anyone who has any doubts about our character or motives comes along to the next meeting and meets those who are able to be there. Then perhaps you will understand that the only things driving us forward are frustration and passion for our team.
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:47 pm

clawhammer wrote:Until I read the minutes I was half interested especially as I am getting disenchanted with WHUISA. Then I read that everybody appreciated a message of support from Bill Gardner. I know the former ICF members are looked up to by a faction of Hammers but that is all a huge turn off to me.
Have a look at this when it comes out.
https://twitter.com/S_D_C_C/status/1122535172262510592

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:23 pm

There's no egos with Hammers United, no politics, no money asked for.

"There's too many groups doing the same thing"

I don't know if RWHG are still going but if they are, I've not heard anything.
You can gleam all you need for the Whuisa thread, I'm not going to be slagging them off on this thread.

It costs nothing to join, so what have you got to lose
Join via the website or Facebook

Interesting point on another thread
"What should happen is that a big ****ing meeting should be arranged in nobody’s name with selected reps from each group with a great big hatchet that should be buried.

One big coming together, a mutual dissolution, a committee elected for affiliation and a big party.

I think everything else is bollox.

I'll speak for myself, not Hammers United here...I'd drop the Hammers United name and and join a big meeting, but someone has to call it. I honestly believe HU are the group to get this going though.
There's good people involved with no agenda other than Uniting the fans again..

So for those that lost faith, lost trust or are just apathetic..
If you are happy with the way the club is run..fine
If you have any issue/s like stewarding, tickets, memorial gardens, heritage etc then FFS get off your arse, join us, speak with us, suggest to us - the fact is there are so many who complain but do nothing.

NOW IS OUR TIME
Let's unite and do something to improve the things at our club that we are so unhappy with.
http://www.hammersunited.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/groups/788323488197508/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Nice one Phil S
Well said sir. We’re West Ham so let’s stand together.
Hammers United...
MV ⚒⚒

loxfordhammer

Post by loxfordhammer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:42 pm

I also agree with this Phil. Hammers United are for me the group to move things forward for ALL West Ham fans. :crest:

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed May 01, 2019 11:31 am

From Hammers United.
Just a reminder to all our there.
Hammers United are holding an open meeting/gathering on Saturday before the match. Members of the committee will be at the Plaistow Community Club from approximately 10am onwards. Come and say hello if you are already a member, give us your points of view. If you haven’t already joined come and meet us and hear what we have to say. All are welcome.
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed May 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Also while you’re at n Plaistow meeting us at the club you could “do the double” and visit another great West Ham Boozer “The Vic”..
These are the businesses that need our money.
No need to pay over a fiver for Luke warm Heineken. Just drink in the real pubs away from the ground.
Spend your money wisely..
COYI
⚒⚒

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Wed May 01, 2019 4:49 pm

Doesn't particularly add anything new, but details now on the KUMB home page:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133501

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri May 03, 2019 12:54 pm

‘Come and Meet Hammers United.’-Meeting to be held at The Plaistow Park Community Centre on morning of Saturday May 4th.

We promised to meet our members again as soon as possible.We prefer to hold meetings at Plaistow to support the local businesses there and in any event are unaware of any suitable venues in Stratford.
The problem is that there is only one home game left and on this day both Upton Park and Plaistow underground stations are closed again.Also some of our members are on boat trips and others are off to Wembley.These factors will seriously impact on numbers.

We have therefore decided to hold meeting as promised but to make it more informal with fluid start and finish times.-Basically there will be no fixed agenda and our Committee will be around from 10.30 am until 1.45 pm for anyone interested to come and have a chat and a beer.We can listen to our members views and look to progress on our key points and campaign strategy.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.

COYI.

Greg Hobbs(Secretary).

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Sun May 05, 2019 2:08 pm

We received the following EMail from the club on May 2nd.

Dear Greg,

Many thanks for your recent letter regarding the formation of your supporters group, Hammers United.

I note that your letter is dated 26th March, 2019 and was sent via special delivery, however, it has only just arrived today. I cannot locate anything on the tracking information to explainthe delay in your letter arriving with me. As a matter of courtesy, I wanted to get in touch with you to confirm receipt of your letter and I will be in touch with you again as soon as possible.

Many thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jake

Jake Heath

We checked the tracking and it was received and signed for by West Ham on March 27th.

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Sun May 05, 2019 2:16 pm

Northbank Bar wrote: We checked the tracking and it was received and signed for by West Ham on March 27th.
Strange how it surfaced 2 days before the end of the season and a few days after we had beaten Spurs and the associated feel good factor.

And that folks is what all supporters groups are up against, a club machine, a propaganda effort that is all about lies, half truths and deceit.

e17

Post by e17 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:22 pm

Did you address it to “West Ham United” or “West Ham London”?

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sun May 05, 2019 8:09 pm

Paul Bubbles Colborne interviewed on American Hammers TV
A good watch

https://www.youtube.com/c/americanhamme ... 8zqOeBk52o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Samba

Post by Samba » Sun May 05, 2019 10:52 pm

e17 wrote:Did you address it to “West Ham United” or “West Ham London”?
:lol:
Perhaps it got lost in the vast, cavernous arena that we now call 'home'.
Or it was under the green pitch surround until recently..
Scratch all that, it was probably at the bottom of Karren's tray marked, 'Annoyances & Distractions'..

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Sun May 05, 2019 11:05 pm

Northbank Bar wrote:Dear Greg, Many thanks for your recent letter regarding the formation of your supporters group, Hammers United..
[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oU7rqB9E_0M" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Tue May 07, 2019 1:10 pm

Phil S wrote:Paul Bubbles Colborne interviewed on American Hammers TV
A good watch

https://www.youtube.com/c/americanhamme ... 8zqOeBk52o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hammers United has gone international.
Please take the time to watch Bubbles on American Hammers TV.
And Hammers United would like to say thank you to all our international supporters who have signed up.
Some of us feel that we move mountains to get to the Game but some of you travel many thousands of miles at great expense.
I take my hat off to each and every one of you.
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

Marlow Vaderman

Re: Hammers United including Bubbles TV appearance

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Tue May 07, 2019 8:42 pm

From Hammers United.
One game to go and the summer is upon us.
Time for holidays and cutting the lawns and Saturday out with the significant other for a change.
But the gang at Hammers United will still be busy. And the mission is recruitment, recruitment, recruitment...
We are playing a numbers game. We have already gathered well over 3k in a few short weeks. Now we need to keep up the momentum. So keep up the good work everyone.
If you are at work and meet Hammers sign them up. If you are laying in the beach on your LLTB towel and someone passed comment, get them on board. We can’t do this ourselves.
With everyone’s help we will grow. And when we do GSB will have to listen.
It’s time to make ourselves heard
It’s time to stand together
As Hammers... United...

Enjoy summer.. and let’s come back for the new season stronger.
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

psychoscoredthelot

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Wed May 08, 2019 9:23 am

ive just subscribed - if its good enough for BG & Bubbles then im more than happy to get involved.

United we stand
divided we fall

:crest:

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed May 08, 2019 11:36 am

psychoscoredthelot wrote:ive just subscribed - if its good enough for BG & Bubbles then im more than happy to get involved.

United we stand
divided we fall

:crest:
Welcome aboard.
Now spread the word. Friends family and work colleagues. You are right. Some good people are driving this with nothing to gain except keeping alive the love of our club.
United we can change things.
Divided, as you rightly say, is not an option.
We’re West Ham
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed May 08, 2019 12:08 pm

So many points of view.
But surely we must all agree on a few things.
Firstly, and the most important, is regardless of your feelings toward OS we must all be able to see that we were rinsed. Many promises were broken. The stadium isn’t a world class football stadium. The seats are much further from the pitch than Upton Park. We are not first in the queue as anchor tennants (no more Boxing Day football, Westfield more important) to name just a few.
Secondly there is the despicable way that traders and businesses in the Upton Park area have been treated. Ken’s Cafe and Nathan’s Pie &Mash plus the loss of trade for the pubs. Again promises were made of trading pitches and pop up bars around the stadium. And of support from the club. What happened there then?
Thirdly there is the need for change. Some feel the bulldozer is the only solution, some feel major changes to the bottom tier would improve things. Even the people that like the stadium must have things that they would like improved. Can anyone really get a beer and a pie during HT and not miss KO second half? I haven’t mastered it yet in three seasons.
Lastly I’m sure no one can be truly happy with the attitude of the club towards US, the supporters (not consumers or customers either). How difficult would it be for them to reach out and build bridges. Something that never occurred to me till it was voiced the other day on an interview I saw was this. When Bubbles took the corner flag in the pitch he was making a statement. If I was the owner or chief executive I would have been falling over myself to speak to him. Yes, he’s been banned and I know for a fact that he accepts this and knows his ban will never be overturned. But the club could have reached out and opened dialogue and from that day worked with supporters to mend the broken relationship. Instead of this they threw some money around and made a few veiled promises about seating moves “one day”. This shows in my book the level of disrespect for the core fan base.
My point is that most of us would like to see things done differently. The only way we will achieve any level of change is to unite as one big loud voice. We don’t have to build a new stadium overnight. But what we need to do is force the club to sit down and talk. We can only do this if you are all behind us, United for change.
So who will make themselves heard.
Young, old, male, female.. all people and all points of view welcomed. Our only interest is making things better for YOU so why wouldn’t you join us?
Stand together.. as Hammers... United...
COYI
MV ⚒⚒