Hammers United launch campaign to force dialogue with the Club

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

mushy

Re: Hammers United Launch

Post by mushy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:29 pm

mywhufc wrote: I’ve got problems with the way WHUISA is run
Really?
You've never mentioned this before.

Much.

mushy

Post by mushy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:35 pm

I'm in, although I don't do Facebook.
I am also with WHUISA, the more the merrier I say.

Well done Big George, that was a good recovery.

Alan Pardew's Dad

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:42 pm

mushy wrote: Well done Big George, that was a good recovery.
Agreed.

I’m still backing WHUISA though and not sure that another group will do anything other than divide the fan base still further. Nevertheless, good luck, your aims are admirable.

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 pm

We could have 10 different West Ham Supporter Groups each with 500 members or so or we could be represented by just 1 Group with thousands of members and be stronger - I'm sure ' Hammers United ' started their group in good faith and the best of luck to you but with WHUISA already in existence why didn't you think of just joining them instead of feeling you needed to start yet another group ?

Honest question .

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 pm

Cos the mud stuck.

Samba

Post by Samba » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:55 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:We could have 10 different West Ham Supporter Groups each with 500 members or so or we could be represented by just 1 Group with thousands of members and be stronger - I'm sure ' Hammers United ' started their group in good faith and the best of luck to you but with WHUISA already in existence why didn't you think of just joining them instead of feeling you needed to start yet another group ? Honest question .
You make a good point TOMoS, about one massive group carrying more weight than several different ones.
As Doc alluded to though, WHUISA, & every other group that were even just milling around one year ago & with all the unpleasantness that went on, their names are all now 'coloured' by & associated with those events; this new group are obviously trying to start with a clean slate. They're trying to do things slightly differently, than others did before. Of course, rightly or wrongly, Hammers United will themselves soon carry their own associations, along with their name.
I'm not saying it's at all fair that WHUISA now carry some 'baggage' as I don't see that they actually did much wrong, a year ago.
I wish both WHUISA & Hammers United good luck for the future.

Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:29 am

[quote="The Old Man of Storr"]We could have 10 different West Ham Supporter Groups each with 500 members or so or we could be represented by just 1 Group with thousands of members and be stronger - I'm sure ' Hammers United ' started their group in good faith and the best of luck to you but with WHUISA already in existence why didn't you think of just joining them instead of feeling you needed to start yet another group ?

I feel the situation echoes that of Westminster right now. Okay, not quite as shambolic but breakaway groups surely just make the opposition weaker instead of sharing similar views in a greater force numerically at least.

Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:06 am

All the best to the people who actually get off their arse and try to make a difference. My personal view is to not give the liars any money at all including not renewing / buying a season ticket and until they **** off this will be case for me. It hurts deep down but I'm not supporting them at all with my hard earned.

The Moth

Post by The Moth » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 am

So the main aim of this new group is to have dialogue with the owners? Havent we already seen this approach does not work? Weve had west ham social media types all meeting the club in the past claiming the club are interested in listening to them, nothing changes. Weve had different types of SAB , WHUISA , the RWHUFAG , all saying the same thing they want to represent the fans to have open dialogue with the owners, nothing changes.

For that reason Ive no interest in having any of these types of groups representing me as a supporter to be honest , but good luck to anyone involved.

irving boleyn

Post by irving boleyn » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am

It is a good name, one which I wouldn't misspell.

Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am

https://giphy.com/gifs/bbc-one-uk-uFiaMyDjtxoE6Q1gCU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am

Good luck with the launch. I was approached a while back on another board but sadly do not have time to devote any input in a meaningful way other than offer support by joining. I know those behind it are sincere and long standing fans.

I am also a member of WHUISA and RWHFAG ( before it went completely off grid) I think different fan groups can work together. I like that Hammers United is not going to get involved in things that could be seen as virtue signalling. It's a football thing, first and last for me.

All the above are more credible than what the club has set up, no disrespect to the fans involved. Most mean well I'm sure.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:03 pm

The Moth.-Actually it seems to me they have been quite clever in their wording.Yes they say that they seek dialogue.-But go on to say that 'should the Board not deliver' they must be organised and ready and able to challenge them.

Condorhammer

Post by Condorhammer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Kialos wrote:I am also a member of WHUISA and RWHFAG ( before it went completely off grid) I think different fan groups can work together. I like that Hammers United is not going to get involved in things that could be seen as virtue signalling. It's a football thing, first and last for me.

All the above are more credible than what the club has set up, no disrespect to the fans involved. Most mean well I'm sure.
:thup: :thup:

Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:30 pm

I’m with TOMOS too... one group is what is needed. What I’m struggling to see if the difference between this new group and WHUISA? I’m not knocking the aim or the effort at all but I don’t understand why we need another group?

This isn’t a dig and I would genuinely welcome an answer!

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote: Agreed.

I’m still backing WHUISA though and not sure that another group will do anything other than divide the fan base still further. Nevertheless, good luck, your aims are admirable.
It may appeal to others to whom WHUISA does not (for whatever reason). Therefore it could represent a wider range of fans when combined with WHUISA. If they can work together...
Kialos wrote:I think different fan groups can work together. I like that Hammers United is not going to get involved in things that could be seen as virtue signalling. It's a football thing, first and last for me.
Exactly...

OohAahButler

Post by OohAahButler » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:36 pm

I'm confused.

I'd back anybody who has the gumption to pull their finger out, organise, and try to do something for the rest of us. Good on you.

But...

If the very first stated aim is to engage the club's board, then why would they lead on the home page of their site with a poem which immediately points the finger at the board as being liars? It's hardly going to encourage them to want to engage, is it?

Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Also, I can’t find any Facebook or Twitter presence... is it hidden or not in existence?

It seems to be either poorly planned or at least launched too early really. Hopefully they can iron that out before people decide they aren’t worth being taken seriously.

e17

Post by e17 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Blow Bubbles wrote:I’m with TOMOS too... one group is what is needed. What I’m struggling to see if the difference between this new group and WHUISA? I’m not knocking the aim or the effort at all but I don’t understand why we need another group?

This isn’t a dig and I would genuinely welcome an answer!
You’ve got people on this very thread explaining why the WHUISA is not for them.

Why not RWHUFAG?

On the one hand, people want just one group, and on the other they seem intent on it being one that has a track record of already having supporters who see it as “an enemy.”

Like them or not, there’s a big group of “leftwing Antifa haters” who will never EVER unite with WHUISA, and many of them were loud and active voices before the march was sidetracked.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:41 pm

Blow Bubbles wrote:Also, I can’t find any Facebook or Twitter presence... is it hidden or not in existence?
The story regarding HU on the home page of this very website links to the Facebook group.