Hammers United Inc. New Season, same goals.

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

@TFSH_WHUFC

Re: Hammers United..No Summer Holiday for hard working HU gang..

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Fully behind HU, but then again I was fully behind RWHUFAG and momentum was lost, if ever you need a reason to get the owners out just see videos below!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHroH_gIoYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1tox8EfyPY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38LmUAhqpv0

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:45 pm

The gang at RWHFG showed the way.
Yes, mistakes were made but I’m sure they would be the first to admit this.
HU have picked up the baton and are running with it.
Polish your boots my friend. You may need them soon.
When that call comes we need all Hammers. Not those from this group or that. Who cares who organises it. No one is bigger that the collective power of our fan base. Stand up and fight. After all, we’re West Ham.. it’s what we do.. the only thing that will bring change is fan power. Not 500 or 1000 but 10-20k..
together we can force change
As Hammers... United....
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

All Welcome..
Spread the word
#wearemoorethanjustfans
#unitedforchange

Ralph Milne

Post by Ralph Milne » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:19 am

Easy tiger - what are we marching for? It risks being a bit 'Down with this sort of thing'.

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Ralph
I am easy.. but not a tiger!
No one is talking about marching.. yet..
However people are becoming restless with the clubs absolute refusal to deal with independent fan groups. And no, this doesn’t include joining the OSB. HU still want dialogue with the club/owners but at this point it’s not exactly forthcoming. We are all big boys and girls and as a result I’m sure you know as well as I do what it will take to make these people sit up and take notice. And there is (should be) no issue with peaceful protest. We do, after all, live in a democracy and enjoy freedom of speech.
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

Ralph Milne

Post by Ralph Milne » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:47 pm

Agree re restlessness among those fans who are concerned about these things. However, it's not the easiest sell to the massed ranks when the team are doing OK, they've just signed a very promising young player and told Man Utd to do one over Diop.

But yes - the forces inside West Ham who are happy to keep on doing us over with unpleasant things like Socios warrant a credible opposition.

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Ralph
Good man. We’re on the same page it seems.
And Hammers United, together with other fan groups at times, will be that credible opposition. We can’t fail. We owe it to all supporters past, present and future to take the fight to them.
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:49 pm

I'd go down the lines indicated in the letter sent to the club about complaining to those concerned with football governance and also get friendly journalists on board. You are not going to get enough numbers marching just on fans representation.

And definitely don't fall into the trap being set up by the chairman of the OSB. It is very clear in his twitter responses with HU that he is trying to curry favour with HU to undermine other fan groups, in particular WHUISA.

He is just following Brady's orders to divide and conquer so you need to distance yourself from that kind of nonsense IMO.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:57 pm

Kialos wrote:I'd go down the lines indicated in the letter sent to the club about complaining to those concerned with football governance and also get friendly journalists on board. You are not going to get enough numbers marching just on fans representation.

And definitely don't fall into the trap being set up by the chairman of the OSB. It is very clear in his twitter responses with HU that he is trying to curry favour with HU to undermine other fan groups, in particular WHUISA.

He is just following Brady's orders to divide and conquer so you need to distance yourself from that kind of nonsense IMO.
As ever, :thup:

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:00 pm

Thought Para 38 of the Government Football Governance guidelines is worth repeating here:

'The Govt believes that every Club should officially recognise the relevant supporter groups or trusts and hold regular and annual general meetings at which these groups are invited to take part and at which appropriate financial and other information can be shared and consulted upon'.

Jake Heath holds a mandatory post as our Supporter Services Manager subject to regulation and guidelines.

Can someone ask him and the chair of the OSB when the AGM is? I would but I think he might only converse by way of Twitter.

brooking_1980

Post by brooking_1980 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:12 am

Worth asking but think the Club will hide behind the OSB, yes we have AGM, with the OSB.

Interesting for me listening to Chris Waddle earlier saying that the only pain the owners feel is non-renewal of Season Tickets, but fans are so loathe to do that. He said when he was playing, there were issues and the fans voiced we're not going anymore, we've had enough, but then on the Saturday 36k supporters would be there.....

We've got the same issues at our club, the only way to make Sully take note, is not to put the cash in his pocket. But we are so loathe to do that, because we love our Club so much. If you somehow do get a groundswell, like happened with RWHAG then Sully probably crosses their palms with Silver and suddenly everything gets called off.....Coupled with the not fit for purpose Stadium, which can't economically be adapted to suit, so it won't be, we live in very difficult times.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:58 am

Kialos wrote:I'd go down the lines indicated in the letter sent to the club about complaining to those concerned with football governance and also get friendly journalists on board. You are not going to get enough numbers marching just on fans representation.

Careful, you might be told you are being negative and destructive with nothing positive to offer, before being blocked, insulted and sniped at behind a Twitter block. Posting messages with #WestHamFamily on Twitter and Facebook whilst looking to engage in legal action against KUMB.com and writing letters to employers against those he feels have slighted him is the nature of that person.

The OSB and those that spearhead it are part of a totally unnecessary layer of faux fan engagement that's been created by the football club, and will never be allowed 100% independence of the football club. The likes of HU and WHUISA (once its fully back on an even keel) are independent and can campaign and ask the questions that the OSB never can.

Hi OSB whatsapp group :clap:

(and part of the response to Mr Heath, Claret and Hugh is not a "supporters group" and characterising it as such is an insult to peoples intelligence).

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:11 pm

That kind of behaviour does nothing to promote the OSB in a credible or positive light.

mushy

Post by mushy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:30 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:The gang at RWHFG showed the way.
Yes, mistakes were made but I’m sure they would be the first to admit this.
Hardly mistakes, more like fraud, threatening behaviour and theft in my book.
I am very surprised that you as a representative of HU feel the need to defend them.
As for admitting anything, they have had ample opportunity through various mediums but have done nothing but provoke and threaten anyone that questions them.
They are not sorry for anything.

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:40 pm

did we ever get an accounting about the money collected ?

until that comes out publicly, there should not be any inclusion of them in anything. or even then. they threatened people.

and to be honest, as mushy says, you're damaging your group's integrity by even making a statement like that.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:28 pm

I think we all have our own views on what took place and I have been as vocal as any in my condemnation of it but I am assuming the fairly non committal comment is an attempt by HU to put a line under things and move on. They are a new group, working hard to do what is best for fans. I am cutting them slack in their wish to look forward not back.

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:did we ever get an accounting about the money collected ? That is nothing to do with Hammers United

until that comes out publicly, there should not be any inclusion of them in anything. or even then. they threatened people. Agreed

and to be honest, as mushy says, you're damaging your group's integrity by even making a statement like that. A little harsh imo, he's hardly supporting them, he's just saying (I think) that they got people together..showed them the way.
Let's move on please

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Kialos wrote:I think we all have our own views on what took place and I have been as vocal as any in my condemnation of it but I am assuming the fairly non committal comment is an attempt by HU to put a line under things and move on. They are a new group, working hard to do what is best for fans. I am cutting them slack in their wish to look forward not back.
Thank you

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:54 pm

mushy wrote:
Hardly mistakes, more like fraud, threatening behaviour and theft in my book.
I am very surprised that you as a representative of HU feel the need to defend them.
As for admitting anything, they have had ample opportunity through various mediums but have done nothing but provoke and threaten anyone that questions them.
They are not sorry for anything.
A bit dramatic there mushy, he's hardly defending them
It probably wasn't the wisest wording but come on..

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:56 pm

they don't have to be named Shirley Phil

and it sounds to me like an apology for them (I am sure it isn't meant that)

they were given a chance to apologise and never did.....

what not just say something along the lines of uniting fan groups would be advantageous ?

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:01 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:they don't have to be named Shirley Phil

and it sounds to me like an apology for them (I am sure it isn't meant that)

they were given a chance to apologise and never did.....

what not just say something along the lines of uniting fan groups would be advantageous ?
do we have to dissect it or move on?