Hammers United launch campaign to force dialogue with the Club

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Watford 'Ammer

Re: Stewarding

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:48 pm

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: :thup: great stuff.
Imo this is the sort of thing you should be doing. All the tub thumping 'boots on the ground' stuff about getting the board out ought to be left alone. The club are going to ignore you in favour of the OSB, thats not going to change, so ignore them. Go around them and do things that help fans through other means such as this.

It seems as though the FSA and FSF are more keen to talk to you guys and WHUISA than the clubs puppets so use that. You are outside the club but in term of fans feeling are more official that the OSB. Campaigns against the club will get you nowhere with this lot so don't waste time and resources on it, do things like this that offer advice and support. Build that trust and you will sidestep the OSB with fans without the OSB even realising it. Fight a guerrilla war rather than trying to march in and occupy the OS. Sadly you can't influence the club but you can help supporters.
Could one lead to the other?

SammyLeeWasOffside

Re: Hammers United..No Summer Holiday for hard working HU gang..

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:19 pm

I don't think so with this board, they don't want independence getting in the way. Big decisions are never going to involve more that a cursory nod to the supporters via the OSB.

Marlow Vaderman

Re: Hammers United Inc. Launch of new Stewarding Initiative

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:53 pm

With the transfer window closed there has been much analysis of Premier League spending.West Ham were 9th in net spend.
We bought 2 players who we hope will star and pay a huge part in our season.We bought a couple of young players we have high hopes for and we bought 2 goalkeepers who most are underwhelmed with.At Hammers United we were a little disappointed that funds were not made available to strengthen the full back and defensive midfield areas.
Other supporters are happier with West Ham’s transfer window.-We all hope that results prove the Board made the correct decisions and that West Ham United have a successful season.
What we could not understand is how Brighton(Amex Stadium capacity 30666)could outspend us and how Bournemouth(Vitality Stadium capacity 11329)were not far behind us.-And how Aston Villa could have a net spend of 137 million outspending everyone!
West Ham fans were of course promised ‘next level’ and ‘a world class team for a world class stadium’ .Now Hammers United are not the Board’s biggest fans.Perhaps they lied to us,perhaps they have just been overtaken by events with much richer owners than them taking over Premier League clubs.-But they cannot be blamed that some other owners leave them trailing in the riches stakes.-Although surely they now realise that they are unable to deliver on their promises and should sell the club.
The answer to how Bournemouth and Brighton were able to spend so much on transfers is shareholder’s loans and below is a table which is not good reading for West Ham United’s fans or Board,especially bearing in mind that Mr Gold is a self confessed West Ham Fan and that Mr Sullivan purports to be(although he is in fact a Cardiff fan.) .

Owner Loans
Other Loans
Shares
Net Interest
Dividends
Chelsea
(0.9)
Brighton
Everton
Newcastle
(1.8)
Liverpool
Watford
Wolves
Bournemouth
West Ham
Crystal Palace
Leicester
Manchester City
Sheffield United
Norwich
Aston Villa
Southampton
Manchester United
Arsenal
Spurs
Burnley
(0.0)

Total

The above figures were as of the 2018 Accounts,most clubs’ accounting periods ending in the summer. Mr Gold and Mr Sullivan have outstanding loans of £54.5 million owed to them by West Ham.Until April 2017 they charged west Ham 7% per annum interest but after bad press this was reduced to the current level of 4%.-In the accounting year ending 2018 interest amounted to £3.7 million.The frustrating thing to us is that West Ham could have loaned 2,maybe even 3 players for that money.That may well have led to a higher league position with the ensuing prize money more than compensating.Tripp Smith has lent West Ham £10 million.This is an interest free loan.
Brighton’s owners have lent them £222 million interest free.Bournemouth’s owners have lent them £69 million interest free.Aston Villa’s new owners have ploughed considerable finances into the club and since the above figures were produced lent the club £33 million interest free.-So therein lies the reason why these clubs were able to spend so much.
We already know that Everton and Wolves have wealthy owners but for the record Everton’s owners have lent them £149 million interest free and Wolves’ owners have lent them £75.0 million interest free.
What perhaps surprised us most was to learn that Mike Ashley,hated by many Newcastle fans,has in fact loaned the club £144 million interest free.
There is a worrying trend here for West Ham supporters.Most agree that due to ‘the big six dominance’ we start the season hoping to compete with others for seventh place.Should Everton and Wolves continue their investment programmes will we soon be competing for 9th place?.-Remember they have both spent millions upgrading training facilities,Wolves are about to start redeveloping Monineux and Everton plan to move into new FOOTBALL stadium in the near future.If Brighton and Aston Villa continue to invest could we even(surely not)be pushed down the pecking order to competing for 11th place.-and what about Leicester City with work well underway on their new £100 million training ground.
Unfortunately it seems that Mr Gold and Mr Sullivan will not be able to deliver on their promises of ‘next level’.As we said before perhaps they lied or perhaps they have been overtaken by events.Whatever it seems their only course of action is to look to sell the club to others who are able to move the club on.Until then they would go some way to improving their standing and popularity with the West Ham fans if they were to follow the lead of most of their fellow owners and not charge interest on loans.
We would like to place on record the assistance received from Kieran Maguire at the University of Liverpool in the writing of this article.-Many thanks Kieran.
Hammers United Committee.
We are doing our best to improve things for West Ham Supporters.Please check our website out http://www.hammersunited.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Thank You.

Marlow Vaderman

Re: Hammers United Inc. Launch of new Stewarding Initiative

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:02 pm

On Saturday before the Norwich Game Hammers United held an EGM at the King Edward V11 Pub in Stratford Broadway. Thanks to all who attended. Items on the agenda that were duly agreed were the formal ratification of our constitution, endorsement of committee members who joined since the last open meeting at Plaistow and also inviting volunteers to fill vacant committee positions, for which we had one such volunteer.
It was a good meeting. Well delivered by Paul Colbourne, Steve Cross and Lee Rogers. Well done lads. And thanks to those in attendance for all your thoughts and feedback. As always it’s you that steer then direction of the group. Looking forward to the next meeting. In the meantime keep the faith. You all know where to find us in and around match days.
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

Marlow Vaderman

Re: Hammers United Inc. New Season, same goals.

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:06 pm

It’s the New Season..
A few games in and things are looking quite rosy on the pitch. But Hammers United haven’t gone away. We are still working on our flagship points. And we are still recruiting. We will be out and about at games so come and find us.. have a chat.. and most importantly Join Us.. We can only succeed with your help..
Stand Together..
As Hammers.... United ⚒⚒
MV

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:36 pm

Good news Marlow.We have just received confirmation that we have been granted full affiliation to the Football Supporters Association.Membership will hit 5000 next week and some major initiatives will be completed this week which will be reported on here.

Onwards and Upwards.

We are doing our best to improve things for West Ham Supporters.Please check our website out www.hammersunited.com -Thank You.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link corrected.

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:32 am

Northbank Bar wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:36 pm
Good news Marlow.We have just received confirmation that we have been granted full affiliation to the Football Supporters Association.Membership will hit 5000 next week and some major initiatives will be completed this week which will be reported on here.

Onwards and Upwards.

We are doing our best to improve things for West Ham Supporters.Please check our website out www.hammersunited.com -Thank You.
Great news..well done Hammers United

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Latest from HU HQ RE: away supporters in the home sections

September 11th 2019.

Dear Jake,

Manchester City Supporters in Home sections.

Just to remind you of our Email dated August 23rd and your reply that you were reviewing our enquiry and that you would come back to us as soon as possible.

In the absence of a further reply Jake we ask if you have made any progress so that assurances can be made to our members, and indeed to all West Ham supporters, that the club is taking the necessary steps to avoid a recurrence.-There were also reports of Norwich City supporters(in colours)in the West Ham sections at the next match.

There is a real concern amongst some of our members that on another day this could lead to trouble and that supporters including children could be put at risk.The next home match is against Manchester United and there is of course history of trouble between elements of the two fanbases.

Looking forward to a positive reply,

Lee Rogers.(Joint Secretary,Hammers United).

Copy sent to Football Supporters Association,Premier League and London Stadium.

www.hammersunited.com

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:48 am

To everyone travelling to Aston Villa tonight.
Be safe.. enjoy the match..
And tell everyone around you about Hammers United and ask them to join. You are all recruitment officers so let’s get everyone signed up.
Fancy us to win this evening..
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:14 am

Ok , I've never been good at maths etc but am I reading those figures right ?

One of our main gripes against Gold and Sullivan is the interest they charge on loans to the Club [ currently 3.5 is it ? ] - yet I'm seeing Liverpool charge 7.6 , Watford 5.2 on an 83.4m loan , Manchester United a whopping 18.0 - am I reading that right ? I realise there are many who charge less , a lot less but our Owners aren't exactly alone in this matter , they're only doing what others do . Unless I've got these figures all wrong of course .

loxfordhammer

Post by loxfordhammer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:04 pm

Storr; Your maths is good. I think the point here is the many times repeated line
"We don't take a wage out of the club"
translated by, shall we say 'the common idiot as, we don't take "ANY MONEY" out of the club'

Drum Roll .......... They take millions a year in interest out of the club. YES MILLIONS £££££££££££££££

I for one, am not an idiot!!!!!!!

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:10 pm

loxfordhammer wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:04 pm
Storr; Your maths is good. I think the point here is the many times repeated line
"We don't take a wage out of the club"
translated by, shall we say 'the common idiot as, we don't take "ANY MONEY" out of the club'

Drum Roll .......... They take millions a year in interest out of the club. YES MILLIONS £££££££££££££££

I for one, am not an idiot!!!!!!!
If they said that [ sorry , I wasn't aware of that ] then I can understand the animosity - but surely , all businessmen are in it for the money , why would they deny that I wonder ?
Strange .

Cheers , Oxford . :thup:

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Latest From HU commitee

Having received a reply from West Ham Re; Away supporters with very little content, we decided to write to them again.

Dear Jake,

Thank you for your belated reply which I read with interest.

Our members are of course familiar with the terms and conditions of ticket purchase and the London Stadium Ground Regulations.

The challenge that is presenting itself with increasing regularity is the wholly unacceptable level of inaction being demonstrated by the safety and security teams, who are of course supposed to be working on behalf of the club and its supporters when issues of away fans in the home end are presented, creating what we will refer to moving forward as an identified risk.

Given that the stadium has an advanced cctv monitoring system in place, as well as stewards on stairwells and at access points throughout the stadium, we are flabbergasted that this issue persists.

That you have highlighted the Club and the London Stadium Safety and Security team are fully aware of the process, I’m afraid offers very little assurance or comfort at all as we approach our next home fixture against Manchester United, a fixture you will be well aware has had more than its fair share of trouble over the years.

On behalf of our members, we would ask for the following steps to be taken: -

• A review to be undertaken of the current processes to conclude if they remain fit for purpose given their current failings.

• An additional training session addressing the levels of understanding of the existing processes with those persons and the entities they represent prior to the home fixture against Manchester United, with all parties signing an undertaking that they have understood them.

• Collateral is distributed to visiting clubs’ supporters groups advising of the processes in place, the personal risks to welfare and the potential for being ejected for attempting to sit in the home ends.

Our members believe that the Club and the London Stadium Safety and Security team have a moral obligation to ensure West Ham fans can enjoy their home game experience unabated, ensuring that circumstances that are manageable and within their control are dealt with accordingly.

We also remind you of the legal obligation of both the Club and its agents regarding the safety of both West Ham and any offending away supporters’ safety, which we urge is given the appropriate level of consideration and attention to provide some substance to your assurances.

Yours

Lee Rogers

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 am

From HU Committee

The hard working Hammers United Commitee need your help!
We have all heard the pub stories about the waiting list and all know it’s at best not fair.
We have taken up this issue on behalf of all West Ham Supporters but before we can challenge the club we need evidence.
Have you, or do you know anyone else who have been treated unfairly? And if so would you be prepared to speak up on have your example used?
Have you been on the list more than 2 years and not at any time been offered a Season ticket (full or half season)?
Are your contact details robust and up to date, and checked regularly for communication from the club?
Do you have any examples (which you can prove) of anyone being offered a Season Ticket before you who shouldn’t have?
If you are this person, or know them, Hammers United would like to speak to you/them urgently. You can contact us on FB or via our website.

www.hammersnited.com

With your help we can try and hold the club to account on this issue.
Thanks in advance.
HU commitee

Sent from my iPhone

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Latest from HU Commitee for our Members

We Are Proud To Announce We Have Teamed Up With Our Friends At The London Pie and Mash Company To Celebrate Their Opening In Westfield Stratford! As Members Of Hammers United You Lucky Lot Can Enter To Win A FREE Double Double Pie & Mash At Every Home Game Till The End Of The Year, Starting This Sunday Against Manchester Utd. Just enter your details on the website contact page http://hammersunited.com/contact/ with the Subject Line PIE & MASH!

westhamshares

Post by westhamshares » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:15 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:14 am
Ok , I've never been good at maths etc but am I reading those figures right ?

One of our main gripes against Gold and Sullivan is the interest they charge on loans to the Club [ currently 3.5 is it ? ] - yet I'm seeing Liverpool charge 7.6 , Watford 5.2 on an 83.4m loan , Manchester United a whopping 18.0 - am I reading that right ? I realise there are many who charge less , a lot less but our Owners aren't exactly alone in this matter , they're only doing what others do . Unless I've got these figures all wrong of course .
Tomos I think that if MV checks with Kieran maguire he will confirm that all bar Liverpool in the pl have interest free loans from the directors/shareholders

I think the interest figure stated is taken from the accounts of each club and include borrowings from banks etc - on this basis the interest figure quoted for West Ham is correct but only £1.9m was on shareholder loans

This proves the point that unless the people reading the financial figures understand them there is miscommunication

You’re rightly of the view that other clubs are being charged interest on shareholder/director loans and bar Liverpool that I’m pretty sure is NOT the case

MV before you publish such table please make sure some1 who understand figures has reviewed

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:21 pm

The table was posted by me on behalf of the HU committee and I’m sorry for any misunderstanding that has arisen. The table on here really didn’t display well and that hasn’t helped.
All at Hammers United are volunteers and from time to time we do, and indeed will, make mistakes so please take this in the spirit it is intended.
Hopefully the previous comment has explained things sufficiently.
Cheers
MV ⚒⚒

westhamshares

Post by westhamshares » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:58 pm

MV

Not a criticism by me at all - think you’re all doing a great job

I’m strongly in favour of shining a spotlight but as SammyLeewasoffside wrote i think you should concentrate on the day to day issues not trying to remove the board - at least not just yet even if that’s what most the members want !

For instance the new ticket download instead of ticket transfer breaks the clubs own t&c’s and ground regulations both of which require PRIOR written authority to give the tickets to someone else - remember under the ticket download the ticket is still in the original name whereas with ticket transfer the person getting the ticket accepted the clubs ticketing t&c’s and ground regulations and the ticket was then issued in their name

Yet the club keep saying just download the ticket and give it to the other person - they are actively promoting something they know to be against their own rules

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:50 pm

Nice work WHS
I’ve sent this onto HU to take a look at..
Many thanks..
Any more ideas feel free to post up or PM
As we have said.. we steer the ship at HU but you, the members & supporters, plot the course.
And thanks also for the words of encouragement. They are accepted graciously
MV ⚒⚒

Tross
The bard of East London

Post by Tross » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:13 am

As the weekend approaches and we prepare to welcome Manchester United to the East End this Sunday, here is an update to the progress that we’re making on your behalf as another busy week comes to a close.

We continue in our efforts to raise awareness of away supporters in the home sections at the Olympic Stadium. As you should now be aware, this is a breach of the conditions of sale of their ticket, and the stewarding and security teams are under strict instructions to remove any away supporters that they are made aware off.

Having received a reply from West Ham (who have given their endorsement and assurances as to the competency of the third-party security and stewarding teams), and given the inability of those teams to address what is now a re-occurring issue, we have suggested that the club asks for a re-evaluation of the current processes, administers additional training where possible, and engages with visiting supporters clubs to advise against the practice of crashing the home end, detailing the risk and consequences of such behaviour.

You will also be seeing a number of us giving out stewarding advice leaflets around the ground and in the local area, raising the profile of Hammers United on matchdays. Members of our committee will always make themselves available to discuss any concerns you may have and can normally be found in the Plaistow Community Centre or The King Edward VII in Stratford on Matchdays.

This afternoon we will be attending the Football Supporters Federation Fans for Diversity Conference in London (supporting our own Pride of Irons who are nominated for an award) and look forward to meeting other fan groups from across the country.

We’ll also be at Westfield on Sunday announcing the lucky winner of our promotion with The London Pie and Mash Company at 1230hrs (if you haven’t entered yet, look lively).

The Season Ticket Waiting List is another issue that many have complained to us about and we continue to make good progress with our investigations into this and are encouraged by the support we continue to find here. If you are on the waiting list and continue to be frustrated by the lack of clarity around it, please reach out to us directly and we will discuss how we can help.

Progress is also being made with our investigations into Additional Seating at the stadium, and we along with a number of other supporter’s groups await an update from the club regarding its partnership with SOCIOS and we'll have an update for you all on our Xmas Bash next week.

We are also pleased to share that we are now formally engaged with both UEFA and the Government, with the support of the FSF, regarding the continued refusal of the club to meet with us as an independent supporters’ group.

On behalf of the committee, we wish you all a pleasant weekend and look forward to what promises to be a cracking game in the rain on Sunday and three points for the Hammers, and if you still haven't joined up. . . get involved. . . http://hammersunited.com/

COYI

Tross 😎