West Ham say pay to have your say in club affairs

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Kialos

Re: West Ham say pay to have your say in club affairs

Post by Kialos » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:47 pm

I'm sure that their good deed being acknowledged by one of the largest west ham fan accounts came as a huge surprise to the publicity shy trader and that it was not an attempt to ingratiate themselves and make themselves more palatable as a partner of the club......

Of course the social media account didn't say what a great business model they have. The people involved are not idiots. They are not going to ask that they are publicly endorsed, just being acknowledged by such an influential social media account gives them the air of respectability and acceptability they need in order for their business model to work. I understand from a post I read from UTJ elsewhere that they latched onto the Isla fundraising as well?

Any criticism is of course met with," But it's a kids charity!" It's a well used, tried and tested method to close debate and paint those who criticise this mob as the bad guys.

Well done to those fans groups and individuals who are prepared to be seen as the bad guys in order to stand firm in their beliefs. I can trust them.

pezza20

Post by pezza20 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:59 pm

What I would like to know is who the **** would bother entertaining this ***** anyway?

You don't gain anything and anything they say you might win is probably a con. There are no gains for the club but plenty of negatives around some backhanded deal to fleece fans yet again.

They really can not help themselves can they the dwarf and lady muck.

AMoCS

Post by AMoCS » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Big George wrote: Just seen what you mean. I certainly hope that WHUISA Hammers United et al are not having their head turned for a monkey.

I will be very cross is that is the case.
WHUISA echo your comments on the cynicism of this endavour Kialos.

And no George, WHUISA will continue their campaign against Socios. Nothing has changed.

SammyLeeWasOffside

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:00 pm

Is the petition ready yet?

Big George

Post by Big George » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Alexandre Dreyfuss, CEO of Socios explaining how it will work here

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EzlTQ3uAbvw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

"monetise the fan engagement"
"great for overseas fans who can't go to the games"
"monetise the fan voting rights"
"We want to engage with the 350m soccer fans in south east Asia"
"Not going to the US to much regulation"
Last edited by Up the Junction on Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Video link changed to embedded content.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:37 am

And that in a nutshell is why no one should have a single thing to do with Socios and their crypto currency.

Football clubs should not need to sign commercial contracts with third parties and intermediaries selling currently unregulated financial products to engage with its fan base or potential fans. The whole idea of Socios.com is to make you part with your money for things well run football clubs should offer as a given to actively engage with people and not try to milk them even further.

The Socios.com crypto currency (Chillz, $CHZ) is currently down by quite a way on its initial flotation price on the main crypto currency exchange platforms. This represents a financial loss for anyone who has invested to date. Socios.com have stated they will give people free "fan tokens" which can then only be exchanged for $CHZ through their app and those free tokens are a drop in the ocean of the overall 8.8 Billion $CHZ that have been made available for trading now and in the future. Outside of Socios.com and their soon to be released app, you can purchase $CHZ if you so wish. Be ready to enter into a financial gamble with no current regulatory oversight from the likes of the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority).

For something that "only" at this moment in time would (apparently) equate to poll's relating to man of the match and who people want to see at shirt signings, a totally competent football club that actually engages with independent voices and people and is not so totally afraid of any dissent or "losing control" of the narrative would never think about signing up to this kind of nonsense. That WHUFC have to hold onto the debate and control how, when and if they engage with their own fan consultation construct with frightening levels of controlfreakery speaks volumes as to the kind of football club that does actually sign up to this kind of scheme.

Socios.com is not there to bring you closer to the football club or turn power over to you or make you feel more valued. It is to, in the Socios' CEO's own words, monetise you. Take your hard earned for something that should be free. Squeeze that little bit more out of you when you have already spent a pretty penny on a whole manner of things you elect to spend your money on when it comes to following this football club.

And to take advantage of people living abroad and prey on people by making them think that just because you live abroad and can't make a game, Socios.com and $CHZ is the way to get yourself right in the middle of following WHUFC and not feel like some sort of outsider. You can go on WHUFC.com and vote in one of the polls they offer at the moment. Does not cost you any extra to do so and should not do so going forwards.

This is a totally cynical ploy and is powered by greed by all those involved. It should be shunned and run out of town but when people cannot see the wood for the trees and take donations towards charitable causes as a way for Socios.com to try to ingratiate themselves and soften the edges as per their strategy from PR firm Pretty Green, you lose hope that people who previously backed initial calls to say no to Socios.com are actually going to stay the course. All power to those who stand firm, kept their convictions from the off when others said it was nothing to be consulted on and offered no opinion until popular opinion swung in a particular direction and continue to say no.

Big George

Post by Big George » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:04 am

I sent the video to mate of mine who knows about Crypto etc

He replied:
God, he's so full of s**t. I think, almost more than the pay-to-say principle, I object to his obvious disregard for the truth. To compare Green Bay, a genuinely community owned team, with giving PSG - a foreign-government owned team - because fans will now be able to vote on a few issues is so wildly wrong that no honest person could genuinely believe it. And, in one breath he talks of empowering fans while in the next he admits the true market is casual, overseas fans.

The only really new bit was his suggestion that, effectively, chiliz would become the global sport currency, spendable in every stadium worldwide in every sport. I see now, I think, how he got the investors to open their wallets.

e17

Post by e17 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:13 am

The whole thing is about marketing to China

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:22 pm

e17 wrote:The whole thing is about marketing to China
and living in a country where there are no copyright laws (Ecuador) I can buy any shirt (pretty much), dvd, cd, for peanuts without the originator of said whatever getting a sou.

pushing teams in places like Singapore, Thailand and China and hoping to increase shirt sales and expecting the owner of the product to get anything from it - well that would probably not be the driver of these types of moves.

I would suspect that pushing interest in the PL even more, so that overseas t.v. rights and gambling companies be more involved would be the motive.

oh, and the fact that Citeh sold a decent size of their club to the Chinese and wanting PL opponents are also a backdrop here. (bit like taking the NBA overseas)

and that Citeh snubbed their "new" fans and that didn't go down too well. tells me the Pep wasn't exactly enamoured with the trip either.

EastVillageHammer

Post by EastVillageHammer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:48 pm

sanchoz wrote:And that in a nutshell is why no one should have a single thing to do with Socios and their crypto currency. .
Excellent post. Agree 100% with everything you say.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Well done Sanchoz :thup:

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:47 pm

Thanks Big George for extracting a few choice quotes. So they don't want to operate in the US where there is too much regulation?

Why would a reputable business fear regulation? It brings clarity and fairness, and also ensures competitors are all operating on the same level playing field

Says it all :thdn:

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:20 am

Up the Junction wrote:sanch :thup:
https://kumb.com/article.php?id=43606
Kialos wrote:Well done Sanchoz :thup:
EastVillageHammer wrote:
Excellent post. Agree 100% with everything you say.
Thank you. Shame that UtJ's decision to use my post on the KUMB.com forums as an article (which I have no control over how UtJ's decides what he wants to use or how it is titled as an author) was then used by David Baker (OSB chair) as a reason to personally attack me on twitter, stating that I have "many identities" and am "hiding". Was then used by Mr Baker as an attack on twitter against the current WHUISA chair.

Second article I ever wrote for KUMB I clearly identified my name and who I was on the KUMB forums and have no issue saying anything online to somebodies face. Totally bizarre line of attack from Mr Baker and just typing this message here will more than likely get another tweet or condescending message.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:27 am

sanchoz wrote:Shame that UtJ's decision to use my post on the KUMB.com forums as an article (which I have no control over how UtJ's decides what he wants to use or how it is titled as an author)...
Sanch, if you'd like me to update the accreditation I would be more than happy to do so. I 'm also happy to confirm that the decision to promote the post to KUMB's article section was mine and mine alone.

As for Baker (whose response/s I'm yet to see), he's welcome to reply to your article here on KUMB by submitting a credible piece outlining his views and opinions.

All the info you need is here, Dave:

https://www.kumb.com/submit.php

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:38 am

Happy for the article to be put under my actual name.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:41 am

Unfortunately, whilst everything already said on this thread is valid, my prediction is this will make Mr Dreyfuss and his investors, an awful lot of money

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:50 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Unfortunately, whilst everything already said on this thread is valid, my prediction is this will make Mr Dreyfuss and his investors, an awful lot of money
Some of the investors to date behind Socios.com and their crypto currency are:
Together with China and Hong Kong-based Venture Capital shareholders, the team comprises 20+ creatives, developers and gaming industry veterans from around the world, all well-versed in regulated gaming and technology. The chiliZ team has secured $65 million through private placement and is backed by some of the largest blockchain companies in the world, including Binance,OK Blockchain Capital, Ceyuan Ventures and FBG Capital.
https://www.socios.com/release.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FBG Capital joins the leading cryptocurrency exchange Binance and OK Blockchain Capital — the venture arm of the second largest cryptocurrency exchange, OKEx — as well as dozens of other strategic investors from Asia and Europe, in supporting the development of the chiliZ venture.
https://www.chiliz.com/en/chiliz-announ ... g-capital/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:02 am

Sanchoz: I have now read Baker's tweet and responded, urging him to retract his unwarranted attack:

https://twitter.com/kumbdotcom/status/1 ... 8787419136

There is also a potential issue here regarding Baker exposing your real identity. I shall be seeking advice on how to proceed with that later in the day.

Big George

Post by Big George » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:08 am

Up the Junction wrote:I have now read Baker's tweet and responded, urging him to retract his unwarranted attack:

https://twitter.com/kumbdotcom/status/1 ... 8787419136

There is also a potential issue here regarding Baker exposing your real identity. I shall be seeking advice on how to proceed with that later in the day.
Excellent, I would have responded to defend Sanchoz but Mr Baker has blocked me (as well as the current chair and VC of WHUISA),