West Ham say pay to have your say in club affairs

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Re: West Ham say pay to have your say in club affairs

Post by sanchoz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:18 am

Up the Junction wrote:Sanchoz: I have now read Baker's tweet and responded, urging him to retract his unwarranted attack:

https://twitter.com/kumbdotcom/status/1 ... 8787419136

There is also a potential issue here regarding Baker exposing your real identity. I shall be seeking advice on how to proceed with that later in the day.
Careful, you might get another threatened lawsuit against KUMB.com that has not materialised yet.

EastVillageHammer

Post by EastVillageHammer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:21 am

sanchoz wrote: Thank you. Shame that UtJ's decision to use my post on the KUMB.com forums as an article (which I have no control over how UtJ's decides what he wants to use or how it is titled as an author) was then used by David Baker (OSB chair) as a reason to personally attack me on twitter, stating that I have "many identities" and am "hiding". Was then used by Mr Baker as an attack on twitter against the current WHUISA chair.

Second article I ever wrote for KUMB I clearly identified my name and who I was on the KUMB forums and have no issue saying anything online to somebodies face. Totally bizarre line of attack from Mr Baker and just typing this message here will more than likely get another tweet or condescending message.
Utterly bizarre. Played the man and not the ball, despite agreeing with what you wrote.

You would think the chair of the OSB would have more important things to worry about than casting aspersions over WHISA. Surely the work of the OSB can just stand and be judged for itself?

ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:28 am

Pardew paid dearly for his one.........allegedly :wink:

Big George

Post by Big George » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:45 am

EastVillageHammer wrote:
Utterly bizarre. Played the man and not the ball, despite agreeing with what you wrote.

You would think the chair of the OSB would have more important things to worry about than casting aspersions over WHISA. Surely the work of the OSB can just stand and be judged for itself?
Judged on what? All they have done so far is try and claim credit for things achieved by others whiule refusing to criticise the club over ST hikes, Socios, and defending people with questionable views on race from legit criticism

EastVillageHammer

Post by EastVillageHammer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:27 am

Big George wrote: Judged on what? All they have done so far is try and claim credit for things achieved by others whiule refusing to criticise the club over ST hikes, Socios, and defending people with questionable views on race from legit criticism
Precisely.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:43 pm

This is not good. Putting other people's personal data on the internet is unwise.

If it was me, I'd have just apologised for the misunderstanding and moved on.

I have seen tweets from the OSB chair that are critical of the socios model so there should not be any need for this hoo hah.

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:21 pm

^
he's digging himself a nice little hole

really bad darts from the chair of the OSB

Big George

Post by Big George » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:12 am

Kialos wrote:This is not good. Putting other people's personal data on the internet is unwise.

If it was me, I'd have just apologised for the misunderstanding and moved on.

I have seen tweets from the OSB chair that are critical of the socios model so there should not be any need for this hoo hah.

When it was announced he said "it's not a matter for the OSB"

Only when he saw the anger on here and from proper fans groups did he mildly change his tune.

He is following not leading. he can't say what he wants, he can't speak out strongly and he has no power to influence anything.

His sole role seems to be knocking and denigrating others while doing nothing himself.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:20 pm

Regardless of when, why, what and how, he has said he opposes it. That has to be acknowledged otherwise we are just starting to sound bitter and twisted.

Tweeting personal data is completely unacceptable, that's the important issue.

Big George

Post by Big George » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Kialos wrote:Regardless of when, why, what and how, he has said he opposes it. That has to be acknowledged otherwise we are just starting to sound bitter and twisted.

Tweeting personal data is completely unacceptable, that's the important issue.
Indeed, as is going after a poster's Mum.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Absolutely. Malicious.

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:22 pm

His failure to accept that he's done wrong by naming someone on social media tells me all I need to know about him.

For someone who claims to want a united fanbase he sure does a lot of digging out of supporter groups however thinly veiled they are.

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:28 pm

Phil S wrote: For someone who claims to want a united fanbase he sure does a lot of digging out of supporter groups however thinly veiled they are.
:thup:

Well said Phil.

nickyj82

Post by nickyj82 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:25 pm

It all seems to be getting a little bit handbags once again. Makes a change

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:05 pm

Phil S wrote:His failure to accept that he's done wrong by naming someone on social media tells me all I need to know about him.

For someone who claims to want a united fanbase he sure does a lot of digging out of supporter groups however thinly veiled they are.
I wonder if it's to do with who will be putting the pressure on to make the OSB the acceptable face of fan engagement.

He's certainly not helping himself but I am beginning to think he's showing signs of stress in his comments which regardless of what anyone thinks of him is not a good situation to be in.

Big George

Post by Big George » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Kialos wrote: I wonder if it's to do with who will be putting the pressure on to make the OSB the acceptable face of fan engagement.

He's certainly not helping himself but I am beginning to think he's showing signs of stress in his comments which regardless of what anyone thinks of him is not a good situation to be in.
I think his snideness is just an indication that he is the clubs representative to the fans, not, as he claims, the fans rep to the club.

I think his scorched earth policy to Kumb and the fans' groups is a just a poor bloke, just doing as he is told.

e17

Post by e17 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:22 am

nickyj82 wrote:It all seems to be getting a little bit handbags once again. Makes a change
It’s what some people want. Divide and conquer.

The focus needs to remain on nothing more than why Sanchoz was spot on with his post. NOT distractions on who posted it & where they’re coming from (no disrespect Sanchoz mate, hopefully you’ll agree with me here)...

This is what the powers that be seem to be so good at. This is where we as a united front become divided.

I don’t give a flying ****ing rhinoceros about the “big I am”, the online personalities who think a ****ing blue peter badge or ‘chairman of the best supporter’ title somehow means ANYTHING. You either care about West Ham United, all that entails, what was once ALL about being a part of an extended Eastend family, being home, or you are literally NOTHING to me. Nothing. Not relevant to the discussion.

I remain someone who applauds when & if these owners get something right, I’m open to ANYTHING that is genuinely for the good of OUR club, and equally I will adamantly support anyone who shows their intentions to be about the wellbeing of ANYTHING to do with this club and that includes the support and how it is manipulated or treated,

This bitcoin lot aren’t interested in the history or the fanbase or the opposition. They’re literally just about an opportunity.

& as with all previous “personalities”, with anyone who derails the discussion away from what is and isn’t in the best interest of WHU, & all that love themselves more the club, their distraction & any handbag stuff emanating from it needs to be kaboshed or simply ignored.

There’s some of us who have been going, week in week out for 30 years+, who have previously actually fallen for groups based on personalities and leadership, even when top lads like BG have given off warning signs, assumed in their heart of hearts that their intentions match their words, and then watched them make the job for Brady & co easier, not harder.

You lot over at WHU telly - I might not always agree with some of your opinions, but you are at least all about the football club as whole and in general.

So this is my mantra: if it’s not about West Ham United, it does not matter.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:14 am

The focus needs to remain on nothing more than why Sanchoz was spot on with his post. NOT distractions on who posted it & where they’re coming from (no disrespect Sanchoz mate, hopefully you’ll agree with me here)...
Agree and no offence taken.

The Sherriff

Post by The Sherriff » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:20 am

nickyj82 wrote:It all seems to be getting a little bit handbags once again. Makes a change
Veiled digs like that fuel the handbags though. It’s a little bit disingenuous to throw those stones whilst making that claim.

I whole heartedly agree with the united stance taken against Socios but after being insulted by an element of the writers piece, it’s would seem as if there is still an undercurrent of historical grievance. It certainly didn’t come across that it was aimed at your platform but more a wider observation for all sections of fans groups.

Would appear most are united in their opposition to the clubs policy on this, however I suspect (As seen with a recent charity donation) that they will attempt to ‘curry favour’ with some. Aside from the OSB, as long as the collective stand firm this will get shown up for what it is.

nickyj82

Post by nickyj82 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:07 pm

Thing is Sheriff, my stance has not changed. I think you will find that I am 1 of the first to highlight my stance in public on the whole Socios deal. It was our video that kind of bought it to the attention of many. As of the article , how on earth can the exwhuemployee turn down a charitable donation from anyone? That is the charities choice and a choice he has absolutely no decision on whatsoever. For the “isa” to imply that they should , is the real disgrace. So for Tye writer to imply that we will all get dizzy by the spin of it all is an insult .
You should all be far more concerned with the ISA who think it’s morally right to turn down a £500 donation to a cause that is for children that have little or nothing , to make a point against a poxy app. Why worry about that donation before you call to match it. Raise money and match it anyway. The problem with socios is 1 close to my heart , as a fan, but let’s be honest , in comparison to where the money is going and what cause it is going to , it’s absolutely irrelevant. Another bad bad move by the isa who seems to be morally challenged on these things. It all starts exploding into a pr exercise , with The osb And isa trying to get 1 up on each other.
I think it’s disgraceful from all parties. To top it all off “Big” George starts banging on at me about things that happened almost 18 months ago, and is getting very very personal. I opened that tweet on the laptop , went to the toilet and my son has read it. He now wants to know why this man is calling his dad a disgrace. I have explained my stance on the situation many many many times, and have admitted we make mistakes. Obviously big George can’t accept that fact, and obviously still has a axe to grind. So I’ll say this to you here Simon, if you have something that you want to say to me, let’s keep it off twitter, and we can meet up. Anytime. Maybe we can get rid of some of that obvious pent up aggression that you quite obviously harbour.