West Ham say pay to have your say in club affairs

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

GaryP

Re: West Ham say pay to have your say in club affairs

Post by GaryP » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Up the Junction wrote: FWIW I'd have taken the donation too in the circumstances. It doesn't necessarily mean one is or has to be supportive of the source.

The error/naivety was in announcing it - although it's quite possible that that was part of the deal.

As I mentioned before, Socios have also made a donation to the Isla Caton appeal so this is quite clearly a deliberate policy of theirs. It doesn't render their arrangement with West Ham any less scandalous.
Exactly. Thanks for the cash but it doesn't stop you being a bunch of mercenary ........snip

clawhammer

Post by clawhammer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Has ANYBODY at all signed up for this? If so can they explain why please.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:24 am

sanchoz wrote:3,341,995,514 Chiliz (CHZ) floating about on the crypto currency exchange mechanisms (Chiliz being Socios.com's crypto currency you have to exchange fan tokens into from Big Georges post above) out of a total of 8,888,888,888 CHZ.

Currently valued at $0.011363 USD per CHZ

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chiliz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: Return on investment if you put money into CHZ at the time of launch, compared to today:

Chiliz ROI -64.49%
Checking in today and Chiliz have depreciated even further in value:

Chiliz Price $0.007609 USD
Chiliz ROI -76.22%

which to be fair, is up from yesterdays all time low trading value of $0.006549 USD

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chiliz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nickyj82

Post by nickyj82 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 pm

mushy wrote: By publically thanking Socios it legitimises them in the eyes of West Ham fans, makes them more desirable, and more likely therefore that fans will put hands in pockets.
That's my view on it anyway.
It's the oldest trick in the dodgy marketing book.

Let's face it if Socios were serious about atruistic donations then they could have quite easily have asked for it to be kept quiet

I also think that Ex has been put in an awkward position, he is damned if he takes it and damned if he don't.
It was the public thankyou that raised my left eyebrow.
My question would be, out of all the different charities available, why would Socios donate to one run by Ex? It's doubtful to me that anyone from Socuos has even heard of the guy.
It's like someone has been set up.
Or there could in fact be a legitimate reason.
Nicky, I would be glad of your thoughts on this please.
My problem with the whole issue is this.
wether or not you decide its a marketing ploy or not (its almost certainty that it is by the way) its the delusions of everyone that is attacking the man, not only his morality , but questioning his and others intelligence in a ploy to win a popularity contest where my issue lies. We are not stupid. My stance on Socios isn't going to change over a measly £500 donation. I know Ex's stance hasn't changed either since i have spoken to him bot on and off the record since these pathetic claims were made.
My stance, however, remains the same. as a custodian of a charity collecting money for them , you fundamentally cannot , and should not, turn down a donation based on your own agenda.
Do you seriously think he could turn around to the charity and say "sorry, there could have been more, but a load of middle class men who don't agree with the companies association with our multi million pound football club said i shouldn't take it because its against what they stand for"
B****cks.
Ive been poor. I watched my mother scrimp and scrape and make sacrifices to feed us, clothe us and get us out of a poverty ridden dive, ive also watched friends of mine who were weren't as fortunate as me, get sucked into worlds of gangs, crime, drugs, alcoholism, and subsequently death because they never had a fighting chance in life, because nobody could or just would not help them.I live in a first world country, where things like education and medication are freely avaliable. Despite all those terrible things ive seen and experienced , it isn't a drop in the ocean compared to the conditions that these kids live in. The Kids that ex is raising money for are in an orphanage which relies on donations.
so Ex thanked them. Big deal. How i was raised, thats just good etiquette. It doesn't , as that article implies, mean he hasn't got the stomach to see his opinion through, it means he has been raised to say please and thank you.
If they asked for that as a condition of the donation, shame on them, but if i was in his position i'd have filmed myself riding around naked on a little tiny bike playing im forever blowing bubbles on a kazoo and put it on sky sports news, if it meant those poor kids could eat for a few months.
Don't take everyone as idiots.
he took the donation, he thanked them publicly, yet the chilli is in decline and it looks like the whole socios thing, as predicted will fall flat on it's a**e. I will sleep easy tonight however , knowing kids are going to bed with food in their tummy on their coin.

e17

Post by e17 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:35 pm

Up the Junction wrote:It doesn't render their arrangement with West Ham any less scandalous.
Nope. :thup: On the money,

Has helped re-route the discussion about that involvement into a cul-de-sac about hungry and poorly kids’ charities though.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:40 pm

nickyj82 wrote:My stance, however, remains the same. as a custodian of a charity collecting money for them , you fundamentally cannot , and should not, turn down a donation based on your own agenda.
I agree - as I've already stated previously on this thread.

It's disappointing that the gentleman in question used the article as a reason to attack me personally, again, but like you Nicky I won't be losing any sleep over it.

RichieRiv

Post by RichieRiv » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:17 pm

e17 wrote:Has helped re-route the discussion about that involvement into a cul-de-sac about hungry and poorly kids’ charities though.
Oldest PR trick in the book. Deflection tactics.

e17

Post by e17 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:15 am

Worst part is Rich the more emotive the diversion, the more good natured people fall for it.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:04 am

Proving the volatility of investing in an online currency that's not currently regulated in this country, Chiliz today went very near to its lowest ever value by dropping to $0.006671 USD, after it had reached its highest value for some time of $0.008092 USD in the space of around 4 hours, still way down on its flotation value:

Currently

Chiliz Price $0.007203 USD
Chiliz ROI -77.49%

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chiliz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:20 am

Good spot, sanch. :thup:

Johnny Byrne's Boots

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:10 pm

Cryptocurrency loses threequarters of its value in two months
Martin Calladine @uglygame

Socios, the official digital wallet-lightening partner for West Ham, PSG and Juventus fans, continues to stink the joint up. Less than two months after launch, the cryptocurrency you buy to vote on club matters has lost three-quarters of its value.
Anyone on here admitting to buying in?

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:24 pm

Currently down 82.17% in value on its launch price and currently trading at it's all time low value.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Johnny Byrne's Boots

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:40 pm

It's current value more accurately reflects what the club really thinks of supporters opinions.

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:10 am

Just imagine if Sullivan had invested next summers transfer fund in this ****.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:14 am

you would have to be mad to invest in this rubbish. we all know the club doesn't listen to us fans unless it is forced to aka burnley match. so keep your money and spend it in a local pub tomorrow.

don't buy anything in the stadium as its over priced, poor quality and gives money to the shysters who sold our ground for a neutral bowl not fit for football.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am

CEO of socios.com talking about testing of the soon to be launched app with WHUFC. All part of a plan to"educate" us all about the wonderful world of his devalued crypto currency:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a reminder though, WHUFC and Socios.com plough on with this idea, regardless of the levels of distrust and opposition from a number of independent outlets that has been shown to date.

Big George

Post by Big George » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:49 pm

It looks like the exploitation of the vulnerable starts tonight.

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:26 pm

Big George wrote:It looks like the exploitation of the vulnerable starts tonight.
I see the "giveaway" starts this evening? Maybe the 'value' of this crypto-currency fallen to nothing? :)

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Anyone involved with this? Anyone 'successful'?

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:32 pm
Anyone involved with this? Anyone 'successful'?
Do not know of anyone who has had any sort of successful financial interaction with this. There was a spike in the value a couple of days ago (might have been linked to their announcement of Atletico Madrid to this scheme) before it started to go back down to a -73.65% on the initial flotation value.