West Ham say pay to have your say in club affairs

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Re: West Ham say pay to have your say in club affairs

Post by sanchoz » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:43 am

Launched Fan Token for Juventus today, first poll (or announcement of first poll) through the socios,com app next Tuesday:

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:26 pm

I hope all the fans groups involved in the original protest keep their eye on the ball for the launch of the West Ham scheme. It will be the perfect opportunity to publicise opposition and engage FSA, local MP, press etc.

Get some photos taken of fans in West Ham shirts with mocked up tokens being flushed down a toilet, that kind of thing. Plaster it about on social media.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Just an idea of the sums involved in people using euro's to buy Juventus fan tokens. Value of the cyrpto currency is still down and the people that make the kind of investment like they have below in the tweet (and within the hyperlink) are buying their way into having more of a say then everyone else and really, for what?

What exactly we wait to see:

https://explorer.chiliz.com/tokens/0x14 ... en_holders

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:25 am

I know I post a lot on here but, Juventus have launched their first poll on Socios.com. This is what people have spent actual real money on having a say over:

Having spent over 75k Euros for the pleasure:

Big George

Post by Big George » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:45 am

This is what is coming. It may seem low rent now but they will start to use this to vote for material changes for supporters.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Goal celebration songs!? No thanks, say West Ham fans
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134093

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:34 pm

BG is correct, songs after goals now but what is further down the line?

In the meanwhile, someone has paid around 7 thousand euros for something that they cannot get back unless someone is willing to buy the fan tokens from within the socios.com app.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:42 am

Q2. What’s the Business Model for CHZ?

Alex: Oh, I like this question. Because I really wonder how many blockchain companies have a business model actually. We are lucky we have one. We are a transactional platform. In a way, we are an exchange/marketplace, where fans/users are trading their teams tokens (voting, power and more). So like any exchange or marketplace, we take a commission between users. So when a user buy a $JUV during the Fan Token Offering (FTO) - that is happening now - we take a commission, which becomes our revenue. When a user buy/sell/trade $JUV against $CHZ to another fan (end of Q1), we take a commission too. So technically, the more users, the less $CHZ. That's why we are signing more and more teams, content, IPs, etc ... it is to reach a global mass scale of users using $CHZ.
Q4. 1) When will socios start trading? 2) Will the token hunt for other fans token hunt? 3) Are you planning to make a deal with other Turkish teams?

Alex: 1/ Probably when the Socios.com platform will allow trading of $JUV and the 6/7/8/10 or more teams we will have on the ecosystem. It's planned end of Q1, once all the Fan Token Offering will have started. Launching it today, wouldn't make any sense, need to have few pairs available.

2/ yes, Token Hunt (our PokemonGO AR airdrop kind of stuff) will be available for PSG, Atletico Madrid, and all our teams. Actually, we are working on some very cool partnerships with retail brands (sportswear, telecom, etc...) that are sponsors of the teams and want to use this to send traffic to their shops.

3/ Oh yes.
Q7. Can you elaborate more on the transaction fees on your platform

Alex: I guess you refer to the fact that we take fees, when you buy CHZ or JUV or whatever. Well, yes, we need to pay our employees, so we need to make revenue, so we need to take fees. Like crypto.com (I guess) or binance.com or like any marketplace.
Q8. How will you attract sports teams to join the Chiliz Platform?

Alex: I will tease you on this one. it is not WILL, but "how DID you attract sports team to join the CHZ platform". So, for now we disclosed already 7 teams. Not one, but 7 top tier teams who have between 5m fans to 100m+ fans. For them, it is a way to engage with their fans globally, because Juventus or PSG, the problem they are facing is they know how to talk to their fans in the stadium or on twitter, but they have difficulty to engage more and give a real status to their fans in Asia for example.

How do you define a fan in 2020 ? someone who is in the stadium (that's unfair), someone who has a jersey (fake, real, ...), someone who follows twitter ? someone who just watch TV ? What is a fan. Clubs are trying to solve this equation. What we are truying to do with them, is by creating fan tokens, it gives a "recognition", sort of official status of a fan or superfan (Socios).

If you own one token or more, you are an official fan - even if you are not in the stadium. It creates a link between club/fans.

So to answer your question, clubs we are talking to are sharing our vision and actually want to embrace it + develop it to help THEM connecting with THEIR fans, using OUR technology and $CHZ. Now that we have 7 announced teams already, we will announce soon:

- latin american team
- new sports
- asian teams
- more esports teams (CS:GO, LOL, PUBG, ...)

we have a partnership team of 4 full-time people, that are talking to 50+ teams all over the world. Myself, I'm taking care of couple of BIG babies who have 200m+ fans. Eventually we ahve the first mover advantage, the more teams we sign, the more teams want to be part of it. And like liquidity, we have $ + product + users + teams + roadmap. It would be very difficult to compete with our offer, at this stage. We have so many features we want to launch, that will help and enhance the fan experience > clubs. Clubs loves it.
Live Q1. Can club do the poll everyday or anytime they want in socios app?

Alex: We are a platform, like Facebook or Twitter or Ebay. Clubs can ask as many questions their want to their fans, now realistically in order to have meaningful questions and suspense/FOMO around it, it should be between 6 to 8 binding per seasons and more non-binding. There is one club that wants to do it every week actually, to really connect with their fan base.
https://blog.crypto.com/recap-of-live-a ... e-dreyfus/

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:03 am

Clever marketing here -

'' How do you define a fan in 2020 ? someone who is in the stadium (that's unfair), someone who has a jersey (fake, real, ...), someone who follows twitter ? someone who just watch TV ? What is a fan. Clubs are trying to solve this equation. What we are truying to do with them, is by creating fan tokens, it gives a "recognition", sort of official status of a fan or superfan (Socios).

If you own one token or more, you are an official fan - even if you are not in the stadium. It creates a link between club/fans. ''

You can have followed a team Home and Away all your years , but NO that's UNFAIR that's not how we define a Fan - you can contribute to your Club's wealth by subscribing to Sky and watch some of their games on tv , hmmm , no that's not a Fan , you can create or contribute to one of the best known and award winning Club Forums ever but no , that's not being a fan either , you can write books and share your knowledge on all things [ insert football club name here ] but no that doesn't make you a fan either ............but , if you can buy one of these tokens then yours is the Earth and everything that's in it , and.... which is more.....you'll be a Fan , my son !! :)

Tross
The bard of East London

Post by Tross » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:10 am

Love that TOMOS. . .

Though my favorite Kipling is a bakewell slice ;-)

Tross
8-)

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:45 am

Yeah.......nah. The more I read, hear or see from this guy he just sounds like someone who likes the smell of his own farts.

Big George

Post by Big George » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:34 am

This guy is worth a follow to throughly explain what a load of horsesh*t Socios is.

You’ll lose money, people who don’t go to games will influence the experience of those who do, they want you to pay to engage with the club.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:08 am

Big George wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:34 am
... people who don’t go to games will influence the experience of those who do...
That sentence should be the focus for anyone opposed to this farcical scheme.

alf git

Post by alf git » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:05 pm

If i buy a tenners worth can i tell the owners to f*** off?

Graza

Post by Graza » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:14 pm

alf git wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:05 pm
If i buy a tenners worth can i tell the owners to **** off?
you could buy a tenners worth of rubber dongs, write f*** off on them and hurl them into the directors box... I've been doing it non stop this season just like the phantom coin...

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:50 am

New year, same old loss on initial investment:
Chiliz Price $0.007613 USD
Chiliz ROI -64.59%
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chiliz/

As a reminder, the launch for Socios.com and it fan token at WHUFC is slated for March. The PR blitz as coordinated by PR firm Pretty Green starts in earnest soon.

Big George

Post by Big George » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:41 am

sanchoz wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:50 am
New year, same old loss on initial investment:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chiliz/

As a reminder, the launch for Socios.com and it fan token at WHUFC is slated for March. The PR blitz as coordinated by PR firm Pretty Green starts in earnest soon.
These are the people responsible for selling us the new crypto dream.

Spot the football supporter?
http://itsprettygreen.com/about-us/

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Laughable and not in a good way. Same old same old trying desperately to be different.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:04 am

Its a step for monetising fan opinion and trying to milk people for every penny, rather then meaningful fan engagement.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:24 am

MALTA, 13th January 2020: Chiliz (Binance.com: $CHZ) announces that hundreds of thousands of $CHZ Tokens and thousands of Paris Saint-Germain ($PSG), Atlético de Madrid ($ATM), A.S. Roma ($ASR), Galatasaray ($GAL), Juventus ($JUV) Fan Tokens can be collected for free on Socios.com via the Augmented Reality (AR) feature Token Hunt until the end of January.
https://www.chiliz.com/en/fan-tokens-hu ... ocios-com/

No West Ham fan token though.....