Kaveh Solhekol: Upton Park now

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Re: Kaveh Solhekol: Upton Park now

Post by Puff Daddy » Thu May 09, 2019 10:09 am

The Old Man of Storr wrote:

The fella that owned the land has invested in a zoo full of bejewelled panthers .
Quite rare apparently .

An endangered species by all accounts, since their natural habitat had been destroyed

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Thu May 09, 2019 10:12 am

And when you think about it, we didn't even see the £20m. £15mill went towards the OS cosmetics and the other £5mill went to that **** Brady for all the great work she's done for herself in subsequent bonuses since brokering the deal of the century. We know because she openly brags about it.

1mcavennie

Post by 1mcavennie » Thu May 09, 2019 10:22 am

Don’t forget part of the deal with getting the athletic stadium was that the mortgage on Upton Park had to be paid off first - so in cash terms the club probably had a net outlay as a result of the move

mushy

Post by mushy » Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Francoisvander or else wrote:£294 million quids worth of real estate and we got £20 million. No wonder we are standing still we these idiots in charge
They are terrible businessmen, the above being yet another example of their short sited lack of even basic common sense. Compare that to what Joe Lewis does at Spurs, and before anyone says its all down to Lewis and his immense wealth, it isnt. Lewis doesnt put any money into Spurs at all. Its all down to a business model worked on between himself and Levy and decided upon quite a few years ago.
Our lot struggle with a plan for one season, let alone a proper 10 year plan.

mushy

Post by mushy » Thu May 09, 2019 12:11 pm

danny faithless wrote:There’s a film coming out soon which will help explain a few things.
Interesting, who is making the film Danny, and are we to expect any skullduggery?

bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:29 pm

On the flip side we got an £800m for nothing. So even if we had developed the property and taken the profit like Arsenal did and Spurs are doing we’d still be massively in debt. However considering GSB property involvement you’d have thought some sort of deal could have been done with Olympic committee. Where we did the development and shared the profit. Arsenal development is what really got them in trouble. I think Spurs have delayed the flats by the South stand. But if they do build them will make a huge profit.

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer » Thu May 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Up the Junction wrote:Two minute piece from Sky on the area we used to call home, where one-bed flats now go for £350k.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1126066175358713858
I had some pics sent to me yesterday from 1983, family wedding, seeing them and this, people close to me wonder why I only look forward. Looking back just reminds me of what I am missing. I need a Delorean :D

Miles Standish Proud

Post by Miles Standish Proud » Thu May 09, 2019 1:26 pm

bubbles500 wrote:On the flip side we got an £800m for nothing..
Well we didn't actually get it, we pay to have use of it which is a different thing altogether.
The idea that the East Stand could not have been developed still rankles with me as the most significant lie peddled by GSB. It was from that whopper, inexplicably accepted by so many, that everything else flowed..

CapBuckyOHare

Post by CapBuckyOHare » Thu May 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Francoisvander or else wrote:£294 million quids worth of real estate and we got £20 million. No wonder we are standing still we these idiots in charge

You do realise it cost to demolish the ground and then build the flats

Francoisvander or else

Post by Francoisvander or else » Thu May 09, 2019 11:13 pm

No I didn't realise that, I thought the Pixies did all the work for free :lol: things you learn on this forum.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Fri May 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Francoisvander or else wrote:I thought the Pixies did all the work for free :lol: things you learn on this forum.
Didn't they release a song called "Here Comes West Ham"? Something like that anyroad... :wink:

WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea » Sat May 11, 2019 2:48 am

Up the Junction wrote: Didn't they release a song called "Here Comes West Ham"? Something like that anyroad... :wink:
They also did a song that might also be presicently heard as 'Daves Of Mutilation' - think it was only a couple of tracks on from your choice on 'Dolittle' (the title of which might be a cap-badge for our esteemed owners).

3 Hopes

Post by 3 Hopes » Sat May 11, 2019 7:11 pm

The land was sold to Galliard homes - There are a few links between Galliard and West Ham.

Jack Petchey sold a minority stake in West Ham to the two David's in the late 80's (They sold them back to T Brown).

Jack Petchey owned 50% of Galliards in the 00's (Has since sold his shareholding)

Not suggesting anything just pointing out the links.