Chris Hughton sacked

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

goa127

Re: Chris Hughton sacked

Post by goa127 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:53 pm

Be interesting what would happen to Eddie Howe if Bournemouth were to have a poor first half of the season. I get the feeling they've sort of hit a ceiling, they're not little Bournemouth anymore. Of course their football's attacking but it's also wildly inconsistent

-DL-
Match thread guru

Post by -DL- » Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 pm

traxop wrote: Were they really punching above their weight? They had net spend of around 60M for the season compared to Huddersfield at 30M, which placed them 10th in that table, above the likes of Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle, Watford, Bournemouth
I mentioned the spending to my pal, and they reckon the prices quoted in the press are absolute horse-**** and nowhere near that, so just passing that on.

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Wed May 15, 2019 10:07 am

I heard the other day, some of the Brighton players approached him wanting to play a more open, expansive
game, but he refused. In the circumstances, probably mindful of the repercussions had that failed, I make him right on that front. He furthermore considered, where Brighton were when he took over, facing the very real prospect of relegation to League 1, he took largely the same crop of players from there to respectability in the Premier League in just two seasons and I suspect he considered he did not have the players to play more attractive football. What I do find interesting is, having fired him, the Brighton board are now on the cusp of making a similar appointment in Swansea's Graham Potter, currently the manager of another mid table Championship club. Who I do think would do a good job for them is another ex Swansea manager and whom I believe is still out of work and that is Carlos Carbajal. The geezer does like to play a more open, attractive game and that will keep the Brighton fans onside

kitthehammer

Post by kitthehammer » Wed May 15, 2019 11:24 am

I just like the fact they have Bong, Arce, Burn lol

ereford ammer

Post by ereford ammer » Thu May 16, 2019 8:26 am

I cannot understand why Brighton want the manager of a mid table Championship side to replace Hughton. This does not seem to make sense.