Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.
Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc
- Match thread guru
- Posts: 20618
- Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:43 am
- Location: Biting my tongue so hard it's starting to bleed.
I know this has been done before, but who should you really support, if the criteria is you have to support the club whose home ground is closest to your birth place?
Home ground to where you now reside.
Place of Birth Arsenal
Current residency: Gillingham
- Posts: 49732
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:01 pm
Millwall or West Ham - both are within 0.1 mile of each other from where I was born.
Orient or Spurs based on where I live now.
- Posts: 1891
- Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:12 pm
Bloody Luton but not while I live and breathe!!!
- Posts: 29445
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:54 pm
- Location: Marking Us With The Sight Of What We Might Have Known
- Posts: 13967
- Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:13 am
- Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.
- Posts: 645
- Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:40 pm
- Location: Worcester
Based on where I live now, either Darlington or Leeds.
- Posts: 4252
- Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:28 am
- Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Not sure - I was born on an LMS train.
Chicken Run Supreme
- Posts: 10457
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:58 am
- Location: Exiled in Angus
Gillingham, based on my place of birth and living in Kent for over 50 years. Arbroath now, based on my residence.
- Posts: 12593
- Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm
- Location: Deep deep down
- Posts: 6728
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:08 pm
- Location: Underwhelmingly underwhelmed!
Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Gillingham, based on my place of birth and living in Kent for over 50 years. Arbroath now, based on my residence.
Gillingham too!! Although Reading are now the nearest club to me.
- Posts: 7850
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:57 pm
- Location: Way out of your league
Dartford FC based on place of birth.
Leicester City based on current place of residence.
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:20 pm
e17 wrote:West Ham United
My birth certificate says I was born in West Ham. Actual place of birth Plaistow hospital. When I was growing up in the fifties and sixties, nearly all the local kids were Hammers fans.
- Posts: 17261
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am
- Posts: 12302
- Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
- Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1
Brentford, apparently, though I grew up with Reading as my closest league club. Closest league club now is AFC Wimbledon, who I occasionally go to watch.
B*llocks to that lot, though.
- Posts: 7569
- Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:33 pm
For me, the mighty Great Yarmouth, stalwarts of the Eastern Counties League. For "major" teams, Norwich City
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 pm
By birth and for 27 years, take your pick. I was born and raised in Mile End, so West Ham, Orient, Millwall, Arsenal, Spurs and Charlton.
Now, as of three months ago, Liverpool. I can see their ground on my way to werk... Sorry, work.
- Gone for a Burton
- Posts: 25929
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm
- Location: Westham Way
Could and very nearly was, Man United. This was just after the Munich air disaster, which I still remember very well, when many people the length and breadth of the country decided to support them. It really touched me and out of sympathy, some people even switched allegiance to them. Many boys in my school did just that and I very nearly followed suit and had it not been for my Dad, who was a Hammer, taking me for only my second match the following Saturday, I am quite sure I would have ended up supporting them