Female Manager in the PL (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Hammer1972

Female Manager in the PL (non WHU)

Post by Hammer1972 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:21 am

http://www.sportbible.com/football/tran ... m-20190519

Probably unlikely in this instance, but how far off do people think we are from having the first female boss in the Premier League?

As its clear you don't have to have played at the highest level to be a successful manager, is there really any reason this won't happen at some point?

fmgod

Re: Female Manager in the PL (non WHU)

Post by fmgod » Wed May 22, 2019 10:27 am

Not far away to appointing one, a successful one miles away. It's a complete different sport, if you have a successful corner shop, you don't make him Tesco Ceo.

S-H

Post by S-H » Wed May 22, 2019 10:33 am

Female goalkeeper coaches would be a start.

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer » Wed May 22, 2019 11:00 am

It will happen, but I can't see it for a long long time. You have Phil Nev running the womens national team currently! How many lady managers are running the womens teams now?

sendô

Post by sendô » Wed May 22, 2019 11:55 am

I have no issue. I'm not sure why possession of a pair of testicles makes someone more or less likely to succeed as a manager if they've got the necessary skills.

I can't see it happening, too many men will self combust at the outrage of it all.

szola

Post by szola » Wed May 22, 2019 12:00 pm

It's further off than it should be

Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:03 pm

When you look at how many managers fail repeatedly and still walk straight into another job, it's obvious how strong the old boys network still is. And thus how difficult it will be to break.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Wed May 22, 2019 12:51 pm

fmgod wrote:Not far away to appointing one, a successful one miles away. It's a complete different sport, if you have a successful corner shop, you don't make him Tesco Ceo.
That is a terrible analogy tbf
Why do you think a woman manager definitely wouldn't be a success?

goa127

Post by goa127 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 pm

The biggest problem has got to be the players attitude. How many of them would take a female manager seriously? Most of them would be more interested in the size of her t**ts than her defensive strategy. Perhaps if the women's game status were to be raised from where it is now they would get a chance. Also even the top women players only earn a fraction of mediocre premier league journeymen. Most of the girls still live at a fairly normal level. How do they cope with a squad full of multi-millionaires?

e17

Post by e17 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 pm

it will happen somewhere in the football league first

Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:03 pm

goa127 wrote:The biggest problem has got to be the players attitude. How many of them would take a female manager seriously? Most of them would be more interested in the size of her t**ts than her defensive strategy. Perhaps if the women's game status were to be raised from where it is now they would get a chance. Also even the top women players only earn a fraction of mediocre premier league journeymen. Most of the girls still live at a fairly normal level. How do they cope with a squad full of multi-millionaires?
Jesus, really!? That's what professional footballers think about it? Maybe that's what you think about! The women's game has more attention and focus than ever yet the status remains the same because the product remains the same. They will get paid more money when the quality increases and more people pay to watch the games. Top sports women are constantly going on about 'equality in sport but they still want to spoon fed everything from the 'men' running sports. What's to stop all the female £millionaires around the world setting up competitions, investing money etc. in women's sport?

There was a feature recently on the BBC Sport website, whining that there still isn't a female Tour de France! The TDF is a completely privately owned competition, anyone can set up a female version with the right funding yet it seems the women cyclists are waiting for the men running cycling to set it up for them. can't have it both ways.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Wed May 22, 2019 1:07 pm

Macca1973 wrote: Jesus, really!? That's what professional footballers think about it? Maybe that's what you think about! The women's game has more attention and focus than ever yet the status remains the same because the product remains the same. They will get paid more money when the quality increases and more people pay to watch the games. Top sports women are constantly going on about 'equality in sport but they still want to spoon fed everything from the 'men' running sports. What's to stop all the female £millionaires around the world setting up competitions, investing money etc. in women's sport?
To be fair, the salaries in women's football are going up all the time as exposure, and sponsorship, increases, especially on the continent

I don't have much interest, if any, in womens football, but there is no reason at all why a female football manager could not manage a professional men's team with success

claretandblue82

Post by claretandblue82 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:21 pm

A bunch of young male millionaires been barked at by a middle aged woman on the menopause! Let me know how that goes!!

Billydinho

Post by Billydinho » Wed May 22, 2019 1:25 pm

szola wrote:It's further off than it should be
Why?

Parkeslife

Post by Parkeslife » Wed May 22, 2019 1:25 pm

I am not really in a position to comment about her coaching ability, however I can categorically say that she is the worst pundit I have ever seen on Sky (which says a lot).

Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:28 pm

claretandblue82 wrote:A bunch of young male millionaires been barked at by a middle aged woman on the menopause! Let me know how that goes!!
Sorry, why is she a 'middle aged woman on the menopause'?

claretandblue82

Post by claretandblue82 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Hammer1972 wrote: Sorry, why is she a 'middle aged woman on the menopause'?
Why not? What are you hoping for? Who's to say she will some pretty little thing in her 30s.

Also I'm just going to leave this here!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... aller.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why not just make the ball and pitch a bit smaller too! Having to kick a man size ball around a man size pitch! Bless em'.

Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 pm

Women want equality in everything apart from the bits of life they don't like! :lol:

Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:13 pm

claretandblue82 wrote:What are you hoping for?
A sensible discussion.
claretandblue82 wrote: Also I'm just going to leave this here!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... aller.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why not just make the ball and pitch a bit smaller too! Having to kick a man size ball around a man size pitch! Bless em'.
Pointing out that the men and women's games are unlikely to mirror each other exactly, so why not tailor them appropriately. Seems eminently sensible to me.

e17

Post by e17 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:15 pm

Parkeslife wrote:I am not really in a position to comment about her coaching ability, however I can categorically say that she is the worst pundit I have ever seen on Sky (which says a lot).
Nah mate Jamie Carragher